Gerard Piqué

Meitux

Well when i talked about overreacting back in pages the excuse was being optimistic. But its simple that this guy needs competition and actually needs to be benched in order to try something better, i wouldn't mind if we buy a defender somewhen Pique to benched if the other guy is proved much better and motivated. But this moment, he is one of the players that won't lose his place so he never really tries hard and he's lazy.

Galning

Well when i talked about overreacting back in pages the excuse was being optimistic. But its simple that this guy needs competition and actually needs to be benched in order to try something better, i wouldn't mind if we buy a defender somewhen Pique to benched if the other guy is proved much better and motivated. But this moment, he is one of the players that won't lose his place so he never really tries hard and he's lazy.

Yeah. Piqué has always been the funny guy who was light-hearted and lost concentration easily. Last season without Puyol he got exposed immensely, the trend seems to continue this season. If you know that this is the player's motivation and think that he's the only centreback that made the squad list you know you'll be in trouble.
He's just taking it easy. Mascherano besides him, DM. On the bench: Montoya, RB. Song, DM.

raskolnikov

You know sometimes I feel we can easily get over our mystery cb problem by replacing Pique as well, you can easily get a much better coule with a quality player in the centre.
Pique should be a bench player not a respected undisputed first team player like Iniesta, Busquets or Messi.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I think at this point people expect Pique to be awful and just have confirmation bias everytime he plays and makes a mistake. CBs make mistakes people. All of them do, no matter how good they are.

Pique was not nearly as bad as people are clamoring here. IMO he had one major mistake, which was in the second half when Villa almost scored on the counter. Pique had the angle and was ahead of the play, but he was very hesitant on whether to tackle or cover and let Villa beat him for position and get a clear shot.

The rest of the game he was not that bad. The goal was just a poor counter cover in which he was sloppy, but so was Alves and Busquets. And it also was a very good goal to boot.

People seriously overreact a lot on this forums.

Meitux

I think at this point people expect Pique to be awful and just have confirmation bias everytime he plays and makes a mistake. CBs make mistakes people. All of them do, no matter how good they are.

Pique was not nearly as bad as people are clamoring here. IMO he had one major mistake, which was in the second half when Villa almost scored on the counter. Pique had the angle and was ahead of the play, but he was very hesitant on whether to tackle or cover and let Villa beat him for position and get a clear shot.

The rest of the game he was not that bad. The goal was just a poor counter cover in which he was sloppy, but so was Alves and Busquets. And it also was a very good goal to boot.

People seriously overreact a lot on this forums.
All these are not excuses, pointing out other players when we are discuissing about Pique. He has been bad for 2 seasons in a row and he hasn't shown any signs of improvement, just being average. You can say whatever you want but when he's exposed hes bad almost every time right now, pressing and possesion don't make him look bad sometimes and that was the exactly same case against Levante. This is not what the team needs, they think of him as the next captain or whatever but this guy is simply not to rely on. He must accept the fact that Puyol won't always play beside him, he has a secure place in the team as i said in my previous post and doesn't have the mentality and motivation to work hard to improve just because he won't lose his place. He needs to be benched in order to understand that he's not someone special who will always have a place here, shame it happened in such a bad situation that we don't have defenders. Thats why i always pointed out that we need 2 defenders, our defence won't be balanced if Pique continues the same way and he will without competition. And if someone else proved better i wouldn't mind him be a sub..

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans