Gerard Piqué

Truthist

That time when he hesitated between making a tackle and keep running was hilarious, showed how slow he is. OMG he can't even trust himself in such situations. He's a lost case.

Great observation and I noticed this last year in one of the clasicos. A defender who has zero confidence in running with an attacker truly is a lost cause.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

MrKnowitAlll

I acctually thought Pique was decent that game. He made a few mistakes... but have you lot been watching Agger (last season) and Thaigo Silva ( this season ) ? Agger cost Liverpool plenty of points with his terrible passing and was bad for a few months.. AND Thiago Silva ... he was terrible againt Montpellier and Bordeaux making so many mistakes.
Look i'am not saying these defenders are bad. Iam just saying that every defender makes mistakes. Even when Pique performs good you guys say "its a blip" and other stuff. Pique is our best CB atm. ( <- crazy comment ) but its true. And as i've said before if Tata says we dont need a CB who are we to argue eh?

Meitux

I acctually thought Pique was decent that game. He made a few mistakes... but have you lot been watching Agger (last season) and Thaigo Silva ( this season ) ? Agger cost Liverpool plenty of points with his terrible passing and was bad for a few months.. AND Thiago Silva ... he was terrible againt Montpellier and Bordeaux making so many mistakes.
Look i'am not saying these defenders are bad. Iam just saying that every defender makes mistakes. Even when Pique performs good you guys say "its a blip" and other stuff. Pique is our best CB atm. ( <- crazy comment ) but its true. And as i've said before if Tata says we dont need a CB who are we to argue eh?
Cheap excuses. You judge based on one game and forget the fact that one game is not redemption, been bad for 2 seasons in a row and you still compare him to Thiago Silva just because of one game. Pique is not our bast CB, nobody is actually so good at the moment, you say that he's our best CB comparing to the other defenders in our squad but generally its a fact that he's bad. You should wait for a whole season to have a complete opinion before start comparisons with other defenders and make Pique look good because someone other else a bad performance, and that isn't the case with Thiago Silva.

As for the need of CB, it can't get more clear than that. It's not only one season but we had problems before even last season, we needed to sign a defender after 2010-2011 season, not need to remind you that Pique- Mascherano was the duo and was bad. It can't just be whatever Tata says is correct, he based his opinion in injuries of players but that isn't true. Pique as i said has been bad for 2 seasons, Mascherano is not good enough for it (can't say he's good just of one game), Puyol is of course injury prone but him only wouldn't make the difference. And Adriano or Song are simply delusional excuses to say that we have depth, but it doesn't matter if all of them can't perform or isn't good enough for the position. So at the moment we don't have any reliable CB in our line up..

Last edited:

abual3bed1

Sure Pique can do better when he gets actual help from Alves. Against Ateltico, Pique was the one to face Arda Turn on the left flank and as long as this keeps happening, the defensive problems will never be solved. But still I believe he can do better, at least in 1on1 situations.

Truthist

The biggest problem is when he gets isolated 1v1 with just about anyone and with our high line it happens quite frequently. It's cringeworthy seeing him run alongside a striker and you get the feeling he knows how slow he is himself.

He's a yard or 2 short of pace to be a very good defender and Mascherano a couple of inches short of one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Pepe Silvia

Was watching a replay of Arsenal-Barcelona champions league match from 2011 and Pique was a completely different player. So much more confident on the ball and more sure of his position on the pitch. He knew where to be, was quick to close down, and his movement was much more fluid. He literally is a shell of his former self. I've grown to despise his laziness and entitled behavior.

jamrock

blah blah blah as per usual from barca forum because all 11 players should play at a world class level every minute of your game in a season

Meitux

What exactly are you talking about? and especially for Pique. Consistensy is something that is needed in footballers, bad days always exist but we talk specifically about Pique. He's average in the most part of season and sometimes when he brings good performances people overreact and say he will continue the same way. But hes been bad for 2 seasons in a row. There are not excuses for what you say..

Hamzah

High Definition Member
blah blah blah as per usual from barca forum because all 11 players should play at a world class level every minute of your game in a season

Because you're so forgiving on Cesc right? Even when he plays well.

Anyway it's not just puyol he performs well with. Sergio Ramos gets the best out of him too.

Home of Barca Fans