Gerard Piqué

psychotsek

You guys focus way too much on individual performance.We got outmuscled and outrunned almost every time by a team that had a goal and knew how to achieve it.Pique was our third best player last night behind Masch and Busi.I don't mention Neygoat cause he didn't do anything other than the goal he scored.Tata has a lot to do and especially on the mentality department.Last night unfortunately we saw last year's Barca slow,static without imagination.Hope this was just because we were saving energy for the next games.

Truthist

I seriously get worried whenever we face a counter attack and he gets isolated with a half pacey attacker. The weakness is too obvious and teams now plan for that and at this level its he's going to get more exposed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Alik

He keeps going further up the pitch each half :lol:

I don't mind it when we are 7-0 up but it is worrying to see him so long past the halfway line in a 1-1 game vs Atletico.

abual3bed1

That time when he hesitated between making a tackle and keep running was hilarious, showed how slow he is. OMG he can't even trust himself in such situations. He's a lost case.

barcanuck

What do we expect when he has no competition for his spot? Puyol on the sidelines yelling at him is not the same as yelling at him on the pitch. He ain't a leader. Bartra pushing to take Pique's place, that's laughable.

ShandyFFM

Im really scared about yesterday. Not Pique nor Mascherano had the pace to catch Villa. I mean it Villa who isnt the fastes player i know. Our defense will be habe serious problems against Ronaldo and co. You could see is Alves,Pqiue,Masch not the pace of old days huge problem.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
All these are not excuses, pointing out other players when we are discuissing about Pique. He has been bad for 2 seasons in a row and he hasn't shown any signs of improvement, just being average. You can say whatever you want but when he's exposed hes bad almost every time right now, pressing and possesion don't make him look bad sometimes and that was the exactly same case against Levante. This is not what the team needs, they think of him as the next captain or whatever but this guy is simply not to rely on. He must accept the fact that Puyol won't always play beside him, he has a secure place in the team as i said in my previous post and doesn't have the mentality and motivation to work hard to improve just because he won't lose his place. He needs to be benched in order to understand that he's not someone special who will always have a place here, shame it happened in such a bad situation that we don't have defenders. Thats why i always pointed out that we need 2 defenders, our defence won't be balanced if Pique continues the same way and he will without competition. And if someone else proved better i wouldn't mind him be a sub..

It's not an excuse. He hasn't been the same the past 2 years like you said. I don't deny this. However people overreact to Pique a lot. They expect him to be bad now, because they expect our CBs to be the weakest link. It is psychological at this point.

People see one bad play from Pique in a game, and automatically assume he was bad the entire game. He wasn't bad yesterday. He had mistakes, mainly the time Villa beat him to take the shot on goal. That was poor the way he hesitated on what to do and allowed Villa to get position on him. However he was ok throughout the match.

The problem is while Pique was a solid, strong defender before, now we just get merely OK Pique, sprinkled with bad Pique. Yesterday we got that, merely OK sprinkled with some bad. It is not good enough for a Barcelona team, and THAT is the problem.

Our CB play last night was solid, believe it or not. Our wingback play was terrible in comparison.

Stric

It is not good enough for a Barcelona team, and THAT is the problem.

Neither are Alves, Mascherano, Sanchez, Pedro etc., but somehow Pique is the scapegoat when it comes to defense. I agree with your post. Pique will play well most of the game then make a mistake of two and people will label the entire game as horrible.

ShandyFFM

It's not an excuse. He hasn't been the same the past 2 years like you said. I don't deny this. However people overreact to Pique a lot. They expect him to be bad now, because they expect our CBs to be the weakest link. It is psychological at this point.

People see one bad play from Pique in a game, and automatically assume he was bad the entire game. He wasn't bad yesterday. He had mistakes, mainly the time Villa beat him to take the shot on goal. That was poor the way he hesitated on what to do and allowed Villa to get position on him. However he was ok throughout the match.

The problem is while Pique was a solid, strong defender before, now we just get merely OK Pique, sprinkled with bad Pique. Yesterday we got that, merely OK sprinkled with some bad. It is not good enough for a Barcelona team, and THAT is the problem.

Our CB play last night was solid, believe it or not. Our wingback play was terrible in comparison.

Im pretty sure we will only see the old Pique again if theres a leader next to him who tells him what to do. And thas our capi !!

Meitux

Im pretty sure we will only see the old Pique again if theres a leader next to him who tells him what to do. And thas our capi !!
Pique needs to learn of playing without Puyol, he won't stay there forever to cover for him and try to concentrate him every time, he needs to rely on his self rather than waiting for Puyol to come next to him. If that's the case for you, then Pique will never perform well again without him..

But it doesn't have to do with Puyol only as i said in previous posts. He needs competition, its just clear. He's one of our players that currently having a secure place there without even trying hard, that says it all, result :being lazy. You won't see him trying something better and more and more if he doesn't have competition.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans