Gerard Piqué

tello

IMO Pique is too slow for a Barca CB and too error prone. At least if he was fast but he is clearly not !

He still has some positives but that is not enough at least when he is for so long the only true CB that plays constantly !

Pepe Silvia

It's fine if people want to pretend like there hasn't been an obvious dip in his form for the past few years. I know my stance on the guy, look back towards the beginning of this thread and you will find my praise for him all over, so much so that he was one of my top 3 players in the world at one point lol. I back and support my fav players as long as they work hard and have a winning attitude, two things which clearly he has not been doing. He is lazy, runs like he has cement in his boots, and gets beaten constantly when he used to have the world's best in his pocket. That isn't blind hatred, that is objective criticism. I usually go against the grain when people gang up on someone but this time the majority got it right. He just plain sucks now for my money.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
When he was working hard he was brilliant and the best defender in the world at one point.

very true. I also have to agree with pepe, but the man is still in Barcelona. I will still show a little faith in him no matter how harsh my frustrations are against him. This also goes out to every Barça squad player.

I posted this here a thousand times :lol:. Just a reminder on how Pique was like 3 years ago.

Meitux

I don't wish our players to fail but there aren't any excuses for Pique. It's been such a long time where he's been bad so you can't say anything to stand against it. Most people who do say this is to make theirselves look like the good fans and we who critisize the players look like kind of ''haters''. But it's the truth, i have lost most of my faith in him, if he continues the same way there isn't any problem of leaving for me. But he won't improve anytime soon as we don't get not only one defender but 2 for this guy to actually be benched and must prove that he's better than the other one to earn his place. He's one of the players that at the moment have a secure place in the team, result : Being lazy , motivation on down levels just because he won't lose his place. Only the players who deserve should start and based on their performances, not reputation.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
I don't wish our players to fail but there aren't any excuses for Pique. It's been such a long time where he's been bad so you can't say anything to stand against it. Most people who do say this is to make theirselves look like the good fans and we who critisize the players look like kind of ''haters''. But it's the truth, i have lost most of my faith in him, if he continues the same way there isn't any problem of leaving for me. But he won't improve anytime soon as we don't get not only one defender but 2 for this guy to actually be benched and must prove that he's better than the other one to earn his place. He's one of the players that at the moment have a secure place in the team, result : Being lazy , motivation on down levels just because he won't lose his place. Only the players who deserve should start and based on their performances, not reputation.
I do agree, cause I while back I was pretty angry at pique's performances in the 12-13 on how inconsistent he can get. We cannot however avoid the fact that some here are actual haters, so much to the point of hating a player they mention their names on topics that has nothing to do with the player/staff member. I will not make names, but that does annoy me to the fullest. It's been happening a lot with any player that's been bad or under average for at least 2 games. In the end though I agree on what you're saying about truth. Pique is far from best, I said it before even with Puyol on his side he shows the lazy defending. A while back we all prayed for Puyol to get fit in the 10-11 season just to fire up Pique for the big matches (the historical 4-clasico overload). These last 2 seasons shows Pique can't be 100% as he used to be. He desperately needs that motivation, and hunger. I'll still have hope for him till he no longer wears the blaugrana shirt.

Meitux

I do agree, cause I while back I was pretty angry at pique's performances in the 12-13 on how inconsistent he can get. We cannot however avoid the fact that some here are actual haters, so much to the point of hating a player they mention their names on topics that has nothing to do with the player/staff member. I will not make names, but that does annoy me to the fullest. It's been happening a lot with any player that's been bad or under average for at least 2 games. In the end though I agree on what you're saying about truth. Pique is far from best, I said it before even with Puyol on his side he shows the lazy defending. A while back we all prayed for Puyol to get fit in the 10-11 season just to fire up Pique for the big matches (the historical 4-clasico overload). These last 2 seasons shows Pique can't be 100% as he used to be. He desperately needs that motivation, and hunger. I'll still have hope for him till he no longer wears the blaugrana shirt.
The truth is that we can't count on Puyol anymore, Pique needs to learn of playing without Puyol, he won't stay there forever to cover for him and try to concentrate him every time, he needs to rely on his self rather than waiting for Puyol to come next to him. If that's the case then we are seriously screwed.. But at the moment where he's really exposed he shows his self at the moment, clearly unconcentrated, unmotivated and lazy. I won't stand here with the excuse that because we brought back pressing there's not a problem after all with our defenders. Pressing doesn't quarantee that opponents won't create chances. Most of the times when Pique isn't really tested people start to overreact that he's back and all that stuff. But it won't happen soon, bringing defenders isn't only about defending issues but to have more competition in the squad and everybody to work hard for their place. If we bring one defender things won't change again tottaly. Pique will still have his secured place, thats why we always needed 2.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Meitux, the simple truth is Pique wasn't as good 3 years ago as people thought he was. 3 years ago people were elevating Pique to all time great levels, with all the Piquenbauer stuff and such, and truthfully he wasn't that good then.
Now, his form is dipped considerably, but people are still holding him to standards that he never achieved, and consequently the gap in perspective has been artificially inflated.

Bottom line is neither was Pique as good as he was painted back then, nor is he as bad as he is being painted now. Right now, Pique is just an average defender, whilst back then he was playing way above average.

Of course, the problem is enhanced because the team truly lacks options at CB. However people need to keep perspective.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Again a weak performance by Pique, who shows he has the balance of a 2 year old. Really needs someone pushing him for his CB spot.

Home of Barca Fans