Gerard Piqué

sumo

Incredible overreactions here. Wow. Pique played a solid game.

I agree. He is a very solid defender, and so is Mascherano (who's playing in a non-ideal position for his abilities imo). It's just not a solid defensive setup to have both fullbacks and all midfielders pushed so high up. You're going to give goals.

Just look at Pep Guardiola's Bayern, compared to last season. They've looked a bit vulnerable defensively, when last season they were rock solid.

FiReFTW

I can't believe some ppl are saying Pique is a good defender and deserves to be a started for a club like fc Barcelona... how far have we fallen?

Meitux

I can't believe some ppl are saying Pique is a good defender and deserves to be a started for a club like fc Barcelona... how far have we fallen?
:lol: nobody says that but you said he is the best in the world....

FiReFTW;1092783]I can't wait to see the best CB in the world in action again tonight !!!

And back in pages you said that: Another magnificent performance from the best CB in the world, Maldini would be proud. :lol:

Last edited:

Stric

If you're going to nitpick about the situations where he gave a ball away or was out of position, then also go back and count how many clearances he made or how many times he stole the ball and broke down Valencia's attack. He played a very good game last night and was solid. More solid than usually.

ebieymjunior

I think he's a fantastic defender but just needs to rest for a game or two.
I played CB and we were really doing good, but after two years of constantly playing, I became a bit tired, could tackle well (early) anymore, my coach decided to finally started to drop me (probably wouldn't have asked him if he'd not done so), and I started getting better again. Then I decided to leave the club to go study, and started playing football again later on, and got even better than before.

Piqué has been playing every single game since his injury last year. I think it's taking his toll.
Just bench him for Bartra for two League games and play Puyol against Ajax and all'll be well.

Meitux

I think he's a fantastic defender but just needs to rest for a game or two.
I played CB and we were really doing good, but after two years of constantly playing, I became a bit tired, could tackle well (early) anymore, my coach decided to finally started to drop me (probably wouldn't have asked him if he'd not done so), and I started getting better again. Then I decided to leave the club to go study, and started playing football again later on, and got even better than before.

Just bench him for Bartra for two League games and play Puyol against Ajax and all'll be well.
Yeah, 2 season in a row and your excuses of his bad performances are result of getting tired.... not that it doesn't have to do with fatigue at all and it has with the fact that he's lazy and umotivated in a moment we don't have any defender so we could just bench him..

Last edited:

Stric

Regardless of whether there's truth to it or not, our CB situation has forced Pique to play too many games. There was a point sometime late last season where he played so many games back-to-back that even Tito thought he needed rotation. :lol:

Darwin

Pique is garbage.. What bothers me the most is that he never jumps on a player, he just stays with him and follows him, while all top defenders are a bit more aggressive. Sometimes you jump on the opposite player, even at the expense of a possible foul, and sometimes you try to block or follow him... You must be unpredictable.. Yet Pique just stands there, thinking the opposing player will get scared or something...

But then, he is also slow and non-explosive, so quick players on the wing have the easiest jobs on the planet, when faced with Pique... Ronaldo and Bale will eat him up... Real will beat us in almost every game this season..

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He was out of position for the second goal but some of the criticism is way too far.

He was not out of position for the second goal. He was covering the middle of the box which is what you want your tall CB to do. Postiga was near the borders of the box and then ran towards the near post from the outside, that is for someone else to cover, someone who should be the.... wait for it.... right back, aka, Dani Alves. He was the one out of position.
Postiga dragged the mark of Iniesta, that should be enough to tell you where he started his run.

Caramel

:lol: nobody says that but you said he is the best in the world....

FiReFTW;1092783]I can't wait to see the best CB in the world in action again tonight !!!

And back in pages you said that: Another magnificent performance from the best CB in the world, Maldini would be proud. :lol:

Dude, the sarcasm could be spotted a hundred miles away...
You must be a very fun person to talk to.

And Piqué is obviously the best center back in the world. You're so blind.

Home of Barca Fans