Gerard Piqué

zanela

What if I show you similar clips with Thiago Silva and Hummels?

I'm not interested in the ladyboy's clips, but I'd like to see a piece of play where Hummels has fallen on his ass trying to defend. (1-1 isn't really Gerard's strong point, and his lapses of concentration without a leader-like figure next to him makes him a liability. Is it worth persisting and investing in a 'defender' who has such apparent flaws? A 'foreigner' would 've been dumped by the club and fans some time ago with similar performances.)

Comin' bck to Hummels, this is his mistake i can think of my recent memory, which was due to poor first touch, and can happen to anybody.
761980573.gif

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Boy was he sorta right. Pique never Outmuscles anybody. Mathieu outmuscled more players in his debut than pique does in a season. I think any good defender has to be a bully to a certain extent, can't only rely on smarts you gotta be tough and get under the players skin. Pique loves to gently stick his foot out and steal the ball.

Autumn

Do you ever wonder what the perception of Pique would be if he weren't on Barcelona, but instead were potential signings from a team like Porto?

I really think we don't appreciate him nearly enough. Statistical indexes, aggregate market valuations, betting odds. All these kind of objective player analyses value Pique extremely high.

I would just like to say I am very thankful we have such a wonderful CB. I think he is absolutely world class and I think the only CB in the world that could be argued to be a clear level above him is Thiago Silva. I accept that Hummels, Ramos, Chiellini, and Benatia are certainly around that same level as Pique and could be argued to be better than him, but not by a significant amount if any.

We have quite the gem. Let's not take it for granted. :pique::wub:

Barcilliant

Do you ever wonder what the perception of Pique would be if he weren't on Barcelona, but instead were potential signings from a team like Porto?

I really think we don't appreciate him nearly enough. Statistical indexes, aggregate market valuations, betting odds. All these kind of objective player analyses value Pique extremely high.

I would just like to say I am very thankful we have such a wonderful CB. I think he is absolutely world class and I think the only CB in the world that could be argued to be a clear level above him is Thiago Silva. I accept that Hummels, Ramos, Chiellini, and Benatia are certainly around that same level as Pique and could be argued to be better than him, but not by a significant amount if any.

Is this sarcasm??

Pique has been up and down the past 3 seasons. More down then up. He is a big guy but physically weak. Not very athletic and most importantly has lapses of concentration. I prefer Batra and even Mathieu over him. Benching him would be great. It would force him to either shape up or ship out. Too damn bad there are no old fashioned cbs like Puyol out there.

CatalinR10

E3EpuH8.gif

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno

I think you're a little too romantic when you see pique. I know what you mean, when he was Piquenbauer he was really one of the best CBs in the world. This IS 2014 now, and even though (IMO) he had a decent 13-14 season, he now knows that he needs improvement, and at times it feels he's taking barça for granted. If anything I am glad he is living to his mistakes and knows this spot isn't forever as he has competition if his 2014 WC-esque performances continue.

L

linetty

Too bad he loses focus quite easily and slips under pressure.

Pepe Silvia

I think you're a little too romantic when you see pique. I know what you mean, when he was Piquenbauer he was really one of the best CBs in the world. This IS 2014 now, and even though (IMO) he had a decent 13-14 season, he now knows that he needs improvement, and at times it feels he's taking barça for granted. If anything I am glad he is living to his mistakes and knows this spot isn't forever as he has competition if his 2014 WC-esque performances continue.
Pretty much.

Co0ter

He has been terrible this preseason, just awful. This guy will never step up or be a leader. Don't think he'll ever reach the quality of his first few seasons either. It is indeed 2014.

Home of Barca Fans