Gerard Piqué

CatalinR10

Pique: "Being whistled at the Benabeu is a symphony to my ears"

Pique: "Before Atletico-Madrid last season, I told Iker I wanted them to concede four. And they did. Was great fun."

QONVIyz.gif

Morten

All quotes by Pique during the press conference ahead of Atlético de Madrid match

Pique: "I'm very happy. I went to look for mushrooms yesterday, we collected three full baskets. It's raining today so there will be more."

Pique: "Whistled by ESP fans? Honestly, it doesn't really afect me. People can express themselves. More worried about team and coach."

Pique: "I think they whistle me because of Barça-Madrid rivalry, but I won't change. I'll always want things to go bad for Madrid."

Pique: "People shouldn't want me to change or to ask for forgiveness, because I won't do that. People will have to learn to deal with it."

Pique: "I wore Buffon's shirt when Madrid played against Juventus in the Champions League semi-finals last season."

Pique: "Before Atletico-Madrid last season, I told Iker I wanted them to concede four. And they did. Was great fun."

Pique: "The atmosphere at the national team is better than ever. I get along great with Real Madrid guys too."

Pique: "Referring to Ronaldo's idol Kevin Roldan during treble celebrations? Wasn't elegant, but you shouldn't always be serious either."

Pique: "Quitting national team is the last thing I would do. That would be giving in to those who whistle for the wrong reasons."

Pique: "I don't play for ESP for money - I earn 50 times more at Barça. Nor for prestige - I won two trebles with Barça."

Pique: "Being whistled at the Benabeu is a symphony to my ears. But only when I play with Barça, national team shouldn't suffer from this."

Pique: "I play with ESP because it's the correct thing to do. Would I play with CAT? I can't talk about hypotheses."

Not very classy, as Ramos said, he doesnt help himself. Cant blame people for giving him shit for it. He is literally asking for whistles with the way he is behaving.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Yeah, because Ramos is some sort of super classy smart man :lol:

Pique nailed this presser.

Morten

Yeah, because Ramos is some sort of super classy smart man :lol:

Pique nailed this presser.

This isnt about Ramos. People complaining about whistling? Well, Pique is just asking for it. Pique can say whatever he wants, and the crowds can react to it in the way they want.

F

Flavia

This isnt about Ramos. People complaining about whistling? Well, Pique is just asking for it.

He doesn't care about the whistles, just said so himself. Even better, he told his haters to "deal with it". As he should. He really has nothing to apologize for. Madrid media made this circus.

Morten

He doesn't care about the whistles, just said so himself. Even better, he told his haters to "deal with it". As he should. He really has nothing to apologize for. Madrid media made this circus.

And you guys need to "deal with" Pique being whistled, which many of you have trouble with. He is asking for it, so why the drama? Anyway, nice of him to disrupt the Spain squad, dont you think?

Yannik

Interview is hilarious as fuck, but yeah he pretty much knows the consquences of what he says so noone should complain about them anymore.
They are just there, and Pique doesnt care about them (or at least he says so). Its what he wants and it is what he gets, cant really blame the Madrid-fans anymore for that.
Kinda love that, the Oliver Kahn additude: "We’re dying to travel to Hamburg. The whole stadium will be against us. All of Germany will be against us. There’s nothing better than that."

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
And you guys need to "deal with" Pique being whistled, which many of you have trouble with. He is asking for it, so why the drama? Anyway, nice of him to disrupt the Spain squad, dont you think?

Madridistas whistling Pique while he's playing for Spain is the epitome of loser attitude. Whistle him all you like when he's playing for Barca against Madrid, but to take club rivalry to the NT level when the player is representing you and the nation is stupid, and a loser attitude.

That's the whole problem here. Everyone expects to get booed at Bernabeu vs Madrid. No one would complain about this.

F

Flavia

Ramos did more for that than Pique. As usual, you ignore the things your players do. Ramos mocked Atlético players and their fans when celebrating la décima, but the Madrid press and rm fans ignored it. It was way worse than piques comments about rm. Ramos talking about Pique yesterday could had also worsen things for the nt, as well ignored... Blaming Pique is more fun, I guess. Right?

I don't care about him being whistled while playing, if I could choose, he'd quit them.

Morten

Madridistas whistling Pique while he's playing for Spain is the epitome of loser attitude. Whistle him all you like when he's playing for Barca against Madrid, but to take club rivalry to the NT level when the player is representing you and the nation is stupid, and a loser attitude.

That's the whole problem here. Everyone expects to get booed at Bernabeu vs Madrid. No one would complain about this.

Well, thats exactly what Pique is doing himself, with his media circus. Cant complain about whistling, really.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Well, thats exactly what Pique is doing himself, with his media circus. Cant complain about whistling, really.

No, he's not doing that to himself, Madridistas and Madrid press are. They're booing him because of club rivalry and the fact they can't separate club from country, or they care more for the former than the later.

Again, there should be no reason to boo Pique for Spain. Boo till your lungs burst while he plays for Barca vs Madrid, it is expected and welcomed.

Home of Barca Fans