Gerard Piqué

Yannik

Madridistas whistling Pique while he's playing for Spain is the epitome of loser attitude. Whistle him all you like when he's playing for Barca against Madrid, but to take club rivalry to the NT level when the player is representing you and the nation is stupid, and a loser attitude.

That's the whole problem here. Everyone expects to get booed at Bernabeu vs Madrid. No one would complain about this.

I can actually understand those who boo him. It is Pique and it stays Pique either in a Barca- or a Spain-dress, and Pique is basically the public enemy, and interviews like that are basically the reason for that. He also doesnt ask for them to not do that during national-games, I think the whistling for him is always sweet, in a national or a Barca dress. Therefor its just what it is, honestly this wouldnt be different if Pique was a Madrid-player saying those things about Barca.

Morten

Ramos did more for that than Pique. As usual, you ignore the things your players do. Ramos mocked Atlético players and their fans when celebrating la décima, but the Madrid press and rm fans ignored it. It was way worse than piques comments about rm. Ramos talking about Pique yesterday could had also worsen things for the nt, as well ignored... Blaming Pique is more fun, I guess. Right?

There is a bit of a difference, Atletico didnt have a whole lot of NT starters back then. On the other hand the NT is filled up with Real Madrid and Barca-players. What Ramos didnt disrupt the harmony on the NT, Pique is almost asking for internal struggles on the NT with his circus in the media. Club level is one thing , NT is another.

Morten

No, he's not doing that to himself, Madridistas and Madrid press are. They're booing him because of club rivalry and the fact they can't separate club from country, or they care more for the former than the later.

Again, there should be no reason to boo Pique for Spain. Boo till your lungs burst while he plays for Barca vs Madrid, it is expected and welcomed.

Pique apparently cant either.

F

Flavia

I can actually understand those who boo him. It is Pique and it stays Pique either in a Barca- or a Spain-dress, and Pique is basically the public enemy, and interviews like that are basically the reason for that. He also doesnt ask for them to not do that during national-games, I think the whistling for him is always sweet, in a national or a Barca dress. Therefor its just what it is, honestly this wouldnt be different if Pique was a Madrid-player saying those things about Barca.
It is different for rm players. A lot different.

vukkapor

Well, thats exactly what Pique is doing himself, with his media circus. Cant complain about whistling, really.

How is Pique doing it himself ? He isn't taking club rivalry to the NT level...

Pique: "The atmosphere at the national team is better than ever. I get along great with Real Madrid guys too."

F

Flavia

There is a bit of a difference, Atletico didnt have a whole lot of NT starters back then. On the other hand the NT is filled up with Real Madrid and Barca-players. What Ramos didnt disrupt the harmony on the NT, Pique is almost asking for internal struggles on the NT with his circus in the media. Club level is one thing , NT is another.
Who make he circus is the media. Pique told Casillas he wanted him to concede 4 in the game vs Atlético, that ended with that score. But yours is a lame excuse for Ramos. It doesn't matter if there aren't not as many Atlético players, Ramos was disrespectful and mocked them. Why the double standards?

Morten

Pique: "The atmosphere at the national team is better than ever. I get along great with Real Madrid guys too."

Hardly seems that way when you see Ramos/Casillas in the press recently. But whatever he say must be the truth, i understand.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How stupid must you be not to differentiate the rivalry at club level which is what Piqué has done ONLY and taking these things to NT level like the Spain supporters and that donkey Ramos did or almost managed to do.

F

Flavia

RM fans are butthurt with Pique, everywhere. Way more than the players. They know each other for a long time.

Morten

Who make he circus is the media. Pique told Casillas he wanted him to concede 4 in the game vs Atlético, that ended with that score. But yours is a lame excuse for Ramos. It doesn't matter if there aren't not as many Atlético players, Ramos was disrespectful and mocked them. Why the double standards?

Its just as much you guys who make a circus over the whistling. Pique dont care much, and he litereally asked for it. Its quite understandable that they whistle him, yet a few think its so unfair and stuff.
Ok, Ramos is no angel, but he hasnt started a full media circus during a qualifier, just saying.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

He did say they shouldn't boo for the NT, and he did say this is because of a Madrid-Barca rivalry.

Interviews like this reinforce the CLUB rivalry. He has said absolutely nothing that should be taken to the NT level, in fact he said quite the opposite, "the atmosphere is great in the NT" "Leaving the NT is the last thing I'll do" "I'm very committed to the NT". Pique's commitment, attitude and performance for the NT is irreproachable and should be free of boos from his own supporters.

Again, this is some Madridistas taking club rivalry to the NT level, a loser attitude.

silvia

because marca is only obssessed with pique and leads the public opinion in madrid to make scapegoat about their failure.
What Ramos did in front of jounalists and public is more circus compared to pique and he is free to do that becuase marca doesn't write about it.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Its just as much you guys who make a circus over the whistling. Pique dont care much, and he litereally asked for it. Its quite understandable that they whistle him, yet a few think its so unfair and stuff.
Ok, Ramos is no angel, but he hasnt started a full media circus during a qualifier, just saying.

Media and the booing Madridistas started the circus. Pique said these things a month ago.

Home of Barca Fans