Gerardo "Tata" Martino

mazp

Yeah, I'm also leaning towards overhauling the squad rather than getting a new coach. Tata seems to be good tactically so far (though he's fucked up massively a couple of times), so I think he should do well with a hungry and motivated squad. I just hope he has the balls to do what must be done if we keep him (and that the board give him the freedom to do so).

It all depends how we finish. The possibilities of winning the treble are slim, so winning the league or winning the CL, the board will keep him. Losing both i don't see him here next season and just winning the Copa won't be enough to keep his job. IMO. The interesting is we haven't been linked with any coach since the new year, with Rosell we were getting linked with diff coaches, right before the break, when the BCN media were going after him for his style of play. BCN media have never warmed up to Martino.

G

Gascav

The coach is stuck up in playing these players. I think tata will resign in may!! This club failed to give him the players he needed and he is forced to use what he has which is players who know how to play one way only!!!!!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bartomeu might not even be here himself.

Elections will surely be on the agenda in summer and there is no way this lot are winning again.

New board could lead to new coach and many other changes, but thats for after this season ends.

F

Flavia

Rumours about players and particulary Xavi not happy with Tata's tactics and decisions.

It's from sport, but they have a long text on how about martino wanted to show it's possible to win using muscles and verticality, and that the dressing room was astonished with his decisiong of using song and busi. They say he had a "coach attack".

Bartomeu already said we're sticking with Tata even if he wins nothing.

He has to say that. At this point he won't go against the coach. It doesn't mean he's saying the truth, though.

The Observer

He has to say that. At this point he won't go against the coach. It doesn't mean he's saying the truth, though.

He said it before the defeat to La Real by the way.

Of course it doesn't have to be true. But let's be honest. Barcelona wouldn't sack a coach after 1 season just because he hasn't won anything, would they? Unless the results are really really catastrophic but we'll probably finish with 90+ points, have reached the Cup final and not winning the CL wouldn't be enough reason to get sacked. Winning it with our backline would be a miracle anyway.

Having said that - I have the suspision Martino will resign on his own. You get the feeling the players don't like his ideas and just want to play like they've always done.

Paganinisrvnge

Honestly, I think Tata can do very well if some changes are made. I hate to say it but Xavi needs to take a Paul Scholes in his last 3/4 years type role where he is mainly a sub/occasionally a starter. The team needs to be built around Messi, Neymar, and Fabregas. When those 3 are on form they can tear apart any defense.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Having said that - I have the suspision Martino will resign on his own. You get the feeling the players don't like his ideas and just want to play like they've always done.

But who will appease our group of spoiled players who refuse changes? They should all take a Change Management class.

F

Flavia

But who will appease our group of spoiled players who refuse changes? They should all take a Change Management class.

The problem is right now Barça don't have players to play a different style. Players would need to be added for that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The problem is right now Barça don't have players to play a different style. Players would need to be added for that.

True. We have an inadequate squad roster for sure. But why couldn't Tata and the squad continue what they were doing earlier this season, which seemed to be working, at least defensively?

F

Flavia

True. We have an inadequate squad roster for sure. But why couldn't Tata and the squad continue what they were doing earlier this season, which seemed to be working, at least defensively?

That's the point the press, (and rumor has it, the players too) are questioning. Why did Tata change so much in such an important match. If he was trying to prove a point, he failed big time.

Home of Barca Fans