Gerardo "Tata" Martino

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
NOTE: SPORT has been garbage for quite some time now, take with a bucket of salt.

Barcelona look for alternatives in case Martino won't continue. Luis Enrique, Valverde, Villas-Boas, Klopp and Simeone are options. [sport]

If Tata leaves, Valverde or Lucho please.

Klopp, with his heavy metal football, would run this team into the ground.

Simeone would be an interesting choice. He would light a fire under this team and might get them punching above their weight again. Granted it would be weird to see a rough and tumble, brawling Barca though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If Tata leaves, Valverde or Lucho please.

Klopp, with his heavy metal football, would run this team into the ground.

Simeone would be an interesting choice. He would light a fire under this team and might get them punching above their weight again. Granted it would be weird to see a rough and tumble, brawling Barca though.

I like Klopp, but I must say this is so true. He is not for us.

Kerrybai

Shame? No. Non-performance? Yes.

If we lose the title, it won't be because Madrid has a better team. It will be because Madrid had an experienced coach that knows how leagues are won - by losing as few points as possible against the weaker teams. Tata Martino has shown so far that he is a dependable coach when it comes to the big matches. That's great, but not enough to win a title in the long-run.

He has the best players available. Most of them are top 3 on their positions in the world. All he needs to do is make them concentrate and treat every game with the same ambition. But he doesn't seem to know how to do that, does he? And that's a big, big problem. We need a motivator. And you don't become a motivator with time. You either are, or aren't.

Or we could come up just short say with 94 points to Madrid's 95 and losing to Bayern in a CL Semi Final. Losing by 10 points would be a different scenario but as long as we are competitive then Martino should stay. We must keep our expectations realistic.

Richard.H

I have no idea what's going on. Why would Martino leave? Are the papers implying he's going to get sacked or just wants to leave the club? If the latter, why?

F

Flavia

I have no idea what's going on. Why would Martino leave? Are the papers implying he's going to get sacked or just wants to leave the club? If the latter, why?
The rumores started way before the loss at anoeta. One was that he's not dealing well with all the pressure. Another rumor is that he wants freedom for changes, in order to stay.

Neymessi

This is really fucked up.Just when i was starting to like this guy,these crazy rumours happen.I would not believe them but i remember a while ago tata said that there is no job security as a coach. He is a really good coach and has worked really well for his first season.He outperformed pelligrini tactically and ancelloti too.I had little or no hopes for barca winning 2-0 at etihad but he made that possible.

mazp

The BCN media don't like him. Their going to chase him out of town. I'd be surprised if he was here next season.

G

Gascav

NOTE: SPORT has been garbage for quite some time now, take with a bucket of salt.

Barcelona look for alternatives in case Martino won't continue. Luis Enrique, Valverde, Villas-Boas, Klopp and Simeone are options. [sport]
Mh! Weird rumour!
Luis enrique will make us play almost the same way we have been playing, valverde and klopp will make us better at pressing high up, and simeone will make us more defensively stable. I think i prefer simeone

Maria

That's ridiculous. There are 3 cups he can win and 2 of them are knock-out competitions. What if he comes second to a 600m euro squad and gets knocked out of Europe by one of the best teams and managers of this century ( Bayern with Pep ). There is no shame in losing the title to Madrid this season.

When you pay 99M euros on a player you shouldn't talk about how much RM's squad is costing, especially when they actually know how to sell players, unlike us.

Shame? No. Non-performance? Yes.

If we lose the title, it won't be because Madrid has a better team. It will be because Madrid had an experienced coach that knows how leagues are won - by losing as few points as possible against the weaker teams. Tata Martino has shown so far that he is a dependable coach when it comes to the big matches. That's great, but not enough to win a title in the long-run.

He has the best players available. Most of them are top 3 on their positions in the world. All he needs to do is make them concentrate and treat every game with the same ambition. But he doesn't seem to know how to do that, does he? And that's a big, big problem. We need a motivator. And you don't become a motivator with time. You either are, or aren't.

Agree..losing to that Valencia at home was completelly unacceptable and I said it at the time. And not winning at Anoeta was completelly his fault(not only that the line-up proved that he didn't knew/cared about our previous resuts there, but he also showed for the 10th time that he is uncapable of making tactical decisions to change the course of a game).

The BCN media don't like him. Their going to chase him out of town. I'd be surprised if he was here next season.

The BCN media liked him until Bartomeu said otherwise(and I thought that by now, everybody knew this):

Thursday, 20 february:

Bg4Cyo_IMAAu6Xo.jpg:large

"Tata's triumph"
"Europe admires Barca, in Madrid they atack us"

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
This is really fucked up.Just when i was starting to like this guy,these crazy rumours happen.I would not believe them but i remember a while ago tata said that there is no job security as a coach. He is a really good coach and has worked really well for his first season.He outperformed pelligrini tactically and ancelloti too.I had little or no hopes for barca winning 2-0 at etihad but he made that possible.

Agree with you on this one. Tata has proved himself against the strong teams, we haven't looked this good against RM or in CL since the 10/11 season. While I agree that coaches with more experience in European football can grind those wins against Stoke on a rainy day, but I think Tata will get there. He is by no means a poor coach, even if it sometimes looks like he doesn't have a game plan (like against Sociedad) - but I'm willing to give him another season, especially if he can make the changes he thinks we need.

Home of Barca Fans