Gerardo "Tata" Martino

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What we need is a manager with a strong personality along with being a good motivator and tactician of course, who is fully backed by his board.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
never has a manager been offered money to spend on a player and said nah, i'm good. not asking for a cb is part of the reason they picked this yes man
Nope Tata willing said that Puyol would be my star CB and I don't need any reinforcements the first team we have is enough to play 50+ games continuously. Seriously, Tata has become "The" scrape goat of the team anything you don't like its Tata's fault

F

Flavia

But what else can he do Flavia? These are not some kids who are in need of guidance and wisdom like Atletico. These are professional winners and mature players. What can Tata do besides talk to them, man to man, professional to professional, and ask them to give him their best.

He cannot scream at them, that'd be absurd. He cannot bench them, and play whom? What can he do? We can all clamor for "Tata, motivate the players!", however how? More to the point, shouldn't these players in particular have enough self motivation to not require Mounrinho like gimmicks for motivation?

Even Pep saw this his last year. He wanted change then. Even he knew that coach's motivation only gets a player so far, at some point, the motivation has to come from within.

I know. But something happened, don't you think? Before 2014 the atnosphere was better. I don't know if it was the neymar-gate or something else. There are rumors the players got mad at him for the line up for the sociedad game, and things have been sour since. A coach in this situation can't motivate players, even if he wants to.

What we need is a manager with a strong personality along with being a good motivator and tactician of course, who is fully backed by his board.

And a new board. The current one don't have what it takes.

V

voodoomaster

The general sentiment is quite clear, Tata is no good for barca and should resign. Boer or xavi in.

Behrox

Well that would be the case if we lived in an ideal world but realistically the probability finding a manager with those qualities while at the same time having the mentality of Tiki Taka to suit out play is very low
:lol: If it's only about motivation we might as well get a life coach to be our manager. Is Billy Beane from Moneyball available? :VdB:

Simeone and Klopp play an entirely different brand of football. A clash of style between players and manager clearly isn't the invigoration factor we thought it'd be as what's seen by Tata's direct/longball approach not mixing well with the players' tiki taka mentality.
But but Simeone and Klopp should be the answer to our prayers all in one. They will make us play hard physical attacking meaning Xavi would probably lose his legs in the first 5 game and the rest of the team will follow suit in the following 5 and after that we wont have enough players to play a match and would be spared of suffering any defeats or tactical brain farts

Chainsaw

Killahead
A coach losing his players' respect is hardly fixable. They play so bad and continue to do so to eventually kick him out. Not saying it's happening between Tata and the players. Just recent performances is causing these questions to rise.

Behrox

A coach losing his players' respect is hardly fixable. They play so bad and continue to do so to eventually kick him out. Not saying it's happening between Tata and the players. Just recent performances is causing these questions to rise.
If that is indeed the case it is both shameful and disgraceful they are effin professionals that are paid millions to play for Barca not to play bad in order to get the coach sacked so much for Mes Que Un Club

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tata is clearly way over his head. Not even pep could motivate this set of players anymore and that's, partly, why he left.
We need fresh ideas, new blood, and, most importantly, a leader (both on and off the pitch)

Behrox

Tata is clearly way over his head. Not even pep could motivate this set of players anymore and that's, partly, why he left.
We need fresh ideas, new blood, and, most importantly, a leader (both on and off the pitch)
So I guess we all agree that it wasn't a tactical mess today but a lack luster and undesirable performance from player who clearly don't give a shit bar a few

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I know. But something happened, don't you think? Before 2014 the atnosphere was better. I don't know if it was the neymar-gate or something else. There are rumors the players got mad at him for the line up for the sociedad game, and things have been sour since. A coach in this situation can't motivate players, even if he wants to.

Yeah things have spiraled, but I don't think it just one thing. This is a collection of things happening and just piling on to contribute to the outcome.

Though I just don't want to believe that the players got mad at Martino because of Sociedad, and are just giving up on him, specially coming of the City victory. If this is what is happening, the players should feel damn ashamed of themselves. If that is what is happening, I'd lose a ton of respect for them.

Behrox

Yeah things have spiraled, but I don't think it just one thing. This is a collection of things happening and just piling on to contribute to the outcome.

Though I just don't want to believe that the players got mad at Martino because of Sociedad, and are just giving up on him, specially coming of the City victory. If this is what is happening, the players should feel damn ashamed of themselves. If that is what is happening, I'd lose a ton of respect for them.

+1

Chainsaw

Killahead
If that is indeed the case it is both shameful and disgraceful they are effin professionals that are paid millions to play for Barca not to play bad in order to get the coach sacked so much for Mes Que Un Club

It's not as trivial as this. There are powers in every club. Not saying clans (which also exist) in the dressing rooms. And they have enough power to show their discomfort in certain ways. I definitely don't find these recent poor performances normal. Even against Almeria the team wasn't sharp despite the win. I hope the players do not drag this to the Champions League as well.

Home of Barca Fans