Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Barcilliant

We were going fine in the first half of the season and then collapsed. I think the Neymar case and Rosell's resignation have torn the team apart internally and Martino has no clue how to fix the problem. Surely the players must have been wondering what the board was doing when they announced that they paid Neymar's parents 40 million. Neymar is new, unproven and he gets a 40m sign on bonus. Meanwhile a lot of the players have won stuff, given it there all and been here for years and they don't get paid obscene amounts. There was no transparency with the deal and I believe this has sown internal discontent.

Its no secret either that the bench is shit and the players are way past their expiry date (2012). I have supported Martino till this point but he has shot himself in the foot here.

My prediction is HUGE changes in the summer. Some STAR players will be sold this summer. It wont only be Tello, Mascherano, Song etc. I can see Messi being sold, Alexis, Pedro, Cesc etc.

Tata will resign and the board will be out too.

Its too damn bad that the club is always reactive instead of proactive. Unless things go to shit the club will always be complacent and let things drift. Its only when we hit rock bottom that drastic changes are made.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I can't see Messi being sold. Only if they want people to go really crazy in bcn. The star players that could go are Alves, Alexis, Cesc or Masch.

Devils

Tata Martino: "We lacked ideas but not attitude"

You'd have to be fucking nuts to think that our attitude out there today wasn't toxic.

I

instinct

Barça Board will discuss Martino's situation tomorrow, there's a possibility he'll get sacked.

via Viva Barca

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Can't see that happen, better let him finish the season now. I'd rather want those idiots resign first.

mazp

If he's lost the dressing room, what's the point of keeping him. It sucks, but what can you do. The regression the team has had since the new yr is just not acceptable.

Irish_Cules

The only manager I can think of who is available is AVB. I honestly wouldn't put it past this board to fire Martino tomorrow and hire AVB.

God help us all.

F

Flavia

Gotta hand it to Poor_Sunyol. Where is him, btw?
He called this from the start.

I think it's possible the board sack him. It's a move to try and save face.

Home of Barca Fans