Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Paganinisrvnge

Too many of our players have just already won everything so they don't have that same hunger. I don't think even Klopp or Simeone could make Xavi and Iniesta run their lungs into the ground like the entire Dortmund and Atletico teams did in their second leg matches. I've often wondered if this is part of what happened to Ronaldinho. He won too much too young.

Samuel Eto'o

Too many of our players have just already won everything so they don't have that same hunger. I don't think even Klopp or Simeone could make Xavi and Iniesta run their lungs into the ground like the entire Dortmund and Atletico teams did in their second leg matches. I've often wondered if this is part of what happened to Ronaldinho. He won too much too young.

We may have some of the best players but in my opinion we simply do not have the best team. We simply have to have the players to complement the geniuses we have. It was evident when we played Bayern and even more so when we played Atleti. If only the organisation had use the whipping we got from Bayern in a positive way and bought the players that was needed to give the squad balance strength and depth. I have no doubt we will bounce back stronger and better than ever.

Ronaldinho as with a lot of Brazilians are just not cut from the same mold as Ryan Giggs.

Galning

No matter how poor the tactics, the motivation, etc...

The odds of winning the Champions League with a defence consisting of Pinto, Dani Alves, Mascherano, Bartra & Jordi Alba are really small.

ryuken

Yeah, i actually dont have high hope for CL, but the way we crash out is still bitter. Toothless against AM in 5 consecutive matches with a team much more expensive than them, with the best player in the world, the "best RB in the world". Hat off to Simeone, out class Tata in every aspect of the game.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Yeah, i actually dont have high hope for CL, but the way we crash out is still bitter. Toothless against AM in 5 consecutive matches with a team much more expensive than them, with the best player in the world, the "best RB in the world". Hat off to Simeone, out class Tata in every aspect of the game.

It wasn't that toothless. Barca had some good chances to score missed by Messi, Neymar and Xavi.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
It wasn't that toothless. Barca had some good chances to score missed by Messi, Neymar and Xavi.

Yup according to him it was still Tata's fault he should have just stopped time gone to the pitch and put the ball in the back of the net what was Tata thinking

klc123

AM are the best team defensively in Europe, it's not a big surprise we lost, they could very well go on and win the competition.

I still don't like how tata set us up on both legs however. Too many midfielders, no width in the team, and far to direct.

mazp

@BarcaChief

Tata: "I thought Iniesta was tired... But maybe I was wrong."

Wow...

This. Along with his I have a hard time reading games quote, plus, I wanted The Best Player Ever too have less touches on the ball quote,:facepalm: please leave. Messi and co deserves a great coach. Even if he wins Laliga. He doesn't inspire confidence.

Last edited:

Andrew M

No matter how poor the tactics, the motivation, etc...

The odds of winning the Champions League with a defence consisting of Pinto, Dani Alves, Mascherano, Bartra & Jordi Alba are really small.

Won in 09 playing in the final with: Puyol---Pique---Toure---Sylvinho

Behrox

Won in 09 playing in the final with: Puyol---Pique---Toure---Sylvinho

Still better than
----------------Pinto---------------
-----------------------Masch-------
-----------Bartra-------------------
Notice that there are only two players in defense and one isn't a CB

Last edited:

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Every season we eventually break under the parked bus. Pep couldn't find a solution, Tito was clueless, Tata is trying but the board is clearly not helping him. He can't get the players he want and he has the current squad thrown at him. Most of the season he had to deal with an injured Messi, now he is stuck with Pinto.

How can we blame Tata? He did what he thought was best, he survived the Manchester City tie by playing 4 midfielders and it worked out fine. Unfortunately Atleti put out a different performance that night. Their pressing and their fighting spirit were immense. Our players did not know what had overcome them, Atleti pressing up high on our pitch? It was a rare phenomenon. Simeone went with a gamble. How many teams actually press against us? Or dare to press against us?

Anyways, Neymar was 1-on-1 with Courtois, Xavi missed from 3 yards, Messi missed that clear header and put a shot wide from Neymar's pass. What if these chances had gone in? We can't blame Tata if the players don't step up. I also hope that he stays, if you think motivation is the problem.. Then FC Barcelona is done

Behrox

Every season we eventually break under the parked bus. Pep couldn't find a solution, Tito was clueless, Tata is trying but the board is clearly not helping him. He can't get the players he want and he has the current squad thrown at him. Most of the season he had to deal with an injured Messi, now he is stuck with Pinto.

How can we blame Tata? He did what he thought was best, he survived the Manchester City tie by playing 4 midfielders and it worked out fine. Unfortunately Atleti put out a different performance that night. Their pressing and their fighting spirit were immense. Our players did not know what had overcome them, Atleti pressing up high on our pitch? It was a rare phenomenon. Simeone went with a gamble. How many teams actually press against us? Or dare to press against us?

Anyways, Neymar was 1-on-1 with Courtois, Xavi missed from 3 yards, Messi missed that clear header and put a shot wide from Neymar's pass. What if these chances had gone in? We can't blame Tata if the players don't step up. I also hope that he stays, if you think motivation is the problem.. Then FC Barcelona is done

+1000 if I didn't love the club so much I would wish for a coach like Lucho for Barca so the fans can pull their heads out of their asses and all the hate for his press conference what was Tata supposed to say yeah the team played like shit they are clearly past it I wanna sell all of them *Censored* but the *Censored* board wont let me so I have to make do with something that has warranted a makeover since the past 2-3 years and the *Censored* spoiled fans deserve the team to become ManU of the EPL

Stric

Arguably the worst parked bus we've faced so far was Chelsea SFs in 2012, IMHO. And we scored twice then. Missed a penalty. And had a billion other chances. That team and Pep knew how to break buses, we were just incredibly unlucky in that game.

Home of Barca Fans