Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Unfortunately Atleti put out a different performance that night. Their pressing and their fighting spirit were immense. Our players did not know what had overcome them, Atleti pressing up high on our pitch? It was a rare phenomenon. Simeone went with a gamble. How many teams actually press against us? Or dare to press against us?

Yep that was something new, it was like modified parked bus - parked bus with pressing, never seen anything like this before and they used incredible amount of energy that's why I hope that they will struggle against Getafe.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Arguably the worst parked bus we've faced so far was Chelsea SFs in 2012, IMHO. And we scored twice then. Missed a penalty. And had a billion other chances. That team and Pep knew how to break buses, we were just incredibly unlucky in that game.

Well if you say all those chances were made then that means it wasn't the worst parked bus.

Arguably the worst parked bus we've faced so far was Chelsea SFs in 2012, IMHO. And we scored twice then. Missed a penalty. And had a billion other chances. That team and Pep knew how to break buses, we were just incredibly unlucky in that game.

+1

People act like Chelsea's bus outplayed us the way Atletico did on Wednesday. They didn't, we completely dominated them and were incredibly unlucky not to go through. I don't remember ever seeing a luckier, more undeserved win.

Pep was certainly not clueless against parked buses the way people here make him out to be.

Last edited:

jamrock

+1

People act like Chelsea's bus outplayed us the way Atletico did on Wednesday. They didn't, we completely dominated them and were incredibly unlucky not to go through. I don't remember ever seeing a luckier, more undeserved win.

Pep was certainly not clueless against parked buses the way people here make him out to be.

Yep i don't know how many times i have to repeat this.

its just a easy point to make i guess

Gaudi

Spot on! Pep is doing the same in Bayedrn, they'll have problems with buses, every tactic will, but they create chances and score more often than not...we look slow and clueless

Stric

Well if you say all those chances were made then that means it wasn't the worst parked bus.

How is this even an argument? Or should I say, how is your argument stronger than the argument that at one point we knew how to penetrate parked buses?

Besides, we scored twice. And they were defending with 11 players. I even remember commentators making jokes about "Drogba the centerback".

Chainsaw

Killahead
How is this even an argument? Or should I say, how is your argument stronger than the argument that at one point we knew how to penetrate parked buses?

Besides, we scored twice. And they were defending with 11 players. I even remember commentators making jokes about "Drogba the centerback".

I donno about you, but to me the "worst parked bus" means a defence that allow you the least chances to score. So I don't understand your argument calling that the worst parked bus. Barca broke into that defence numerous times, it was just their own mistakes not to take their chances.

Stric

Oh, so it has nothing to do with the other teams ability to break that barrier? Give me a break. No bus is completely unbreakable. It's down to the attacking team to find cracks and shoot, and Pep's team knew how to do it.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Did you also watch Chelsea against Benfica and Bayern?! Both made numerous chances as well and had the same fate as Barca. You're trying to make a false conclusion out of this. It was not only Pep's Barca who "knew" how to do.

E

El_e8

TMSk0Nd.jpg

Last edited:
F

Flavia

When you think it can't get any worse... tata is training with BUSI as CB. I remember well how poor he is there. And moving him from the dm position... dear lord.

Team in training today: Montoya, Busquets, Mascherano y Adriano; Song, Cesc e Iniesta; Pedro, Messi y Neymar

I

instinct

:facepalm: It feels like a knife in my back when I hear such news. Dear Lord, I fear the day where I wake up and have to read that the appeal hasn't been successful and we are really not able to buy players. Can't cope with it. All teams will strenghten their squad, e.g Manu or Dortmund and we train with Busi as CB. F*ck this world, seriously...

Maria

Like Pep?

Or Rijkaard..or Cruyff. If it would have been after barcaforum, those 3 would have never coached Barca.

Tata is just a scapegoat. No pre season, no signings, no stability. No defence, no bench. Constant turmoil on the administrative level and a team that cannot motivate itself even for the big games. You could bring in any manager in the world today and the result would be the same.

So until now we credited Tata for every win vs RM and City, but now it's the team's fault that Atleti beat us. :rolleyes:

Lucho would be Tito mark 2. We need a manager with personality, the balls to confront our big stars and the press. We need someone who understands that teams are built from the back and defence is NOt an afterhought.

LOL
This just shows how much you know Lucho..if it's something that he has and Tata&Tito don't, that's a personality.

Every season we eventually break under the parked bus. Pep couldn't find a solution, Tito was clueless, Tata is trying but the board is clearly not helping him. He can't get the players he want and he has the current squad thrown at him. Most of the season he had to deal with an injured Messi, now he is stuck with Pinto.

How can we blame Tata? He did what he thought was best, he survived the Manchester City tie by playing 4 midfielders and it worked out fine. Unfortunately Atleti put out a different performance that night. Their pressing and their fighting spirit were immense. Our players did not know what had overcome them, Atleti pressing up high on our pitch? It was a rare phenomenon. Simeone went with a gamble. How many teams actually press against us? Or dare to press against us?

Anyways, Neymar was 1-on-1 with Courtois, Xavi missed from 3 yards, Messi missed that clear header and put a shot wide from Neymar's pass. What if these chances had gone in? We can't blame Tata if the players don't step up. I also hope that he stays, if you think motivation is the problem.. Then FC Barcelona is done

Seriously? Every season since when? And let's not talk about "what if" because then we would have lost 4-0 after the first 20 minutes.

We can't blame Tata if the players don't step up. I also hope that he stays, if you think motivation is the problem.. Then FC Barcelona is done

Why not? We are certainly doing it with the other coaches. In this forum we laughed at Mou last season or this one, Moyes or Wenger, we blamed Pep for everything in his last season with us even though he won everything in the past..so why can't we do the same with Tata?

The worst bus we faced it was Chelsea, but not in 2012..in 2009. The difference between Pep and Tata? Pep didn't sub off Iniesta. And the only sub before Iniesta scored was Bojan for Busi. :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans