Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Chainsaw

Killahead
Despite not having support he still messed up pretty bad in many ways, the Sociedad/Valladolid/Valencia/Granada/Atletico games all prove that.
Only thing he has done well is beat Real and City.

I'm not sure it's the coach's responsibility to teach a 100m player how to score a simple one on one too.

F

Flavia

If you're so sure that he's leaving, who is going to replace him?

The writing is on the wall. Does Tata look like he's staying, to you? I'll be VERY surprised if he stays. I have no idea of the next coach will be, but the easy way out is Lucho.

Stric

Unfortunately, the easy way out strategy is exactly what got us into this mess in the first place.

Pep leaves - easy way out? Promote his assistant.
Tito falls ill - easy way out? Have his assistant coach for months.
Tito falls ill again - easy way out? Get a coach most Europeans haven't heard of.
No CB - easy way out? Save money. Puyol is back from injury.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If we lose on Tuesday, we will have pretty much lost all 3 major competitions within the span of a week...

For all the people defending Tata: using deflections, denial, and excuses don't really bring up a point as to why Tata should stay? Right now we need someone who can rally our players and lead us out of the ditch. I respect Tata, but he's not that kind of coach.

raskolnikov

The writing is on the wall. Does Tata look like he's staying, to you? I'll be VERY surprised if he stays. I have no idea of the next coach will be, but the easy way out is Lucho.
That wont help much either, thats just trying to clinch on something thats gone.

E

El_e8

Instead of sacking maybe focus on actual issues in this team.

But no lets keep living in denial that Xavi is still beast, that Messi can still win games all by himself, lets keep saying tikitata is way to win game, lets still say La Masia produces GOAT players every season. Lets just ignore everything. Lets get new manager and repeat same cycle over and over again while everyone else in Europe evolves forward we are stuck in a loop. Recent success has spoiled fans and the club. How to change that? Fact is Barcelona fans and board doesn't want to change it and that's why nothing will change this or next season. Alves will still be there, Xavi will still pass sideways and no matter how bad Messi gets he will still be in our starting eleven.

F

Flavia

Martino: "Liga lost? It sure is out of our hands now. Can't blame the players, they kept going, we had the chances, just couldn't finish..."

Martino: "You can win this kind of games 4-0, 5-0, but today we just couldn't take our chances. That sometimes happens in football..."

I

instinct

Instead of sacking maybe focus on actual issues in this team.

But no lets keep living in denial that Xavi is still beast, that Messi can still win games all by himself, lets keep saying tikitata is way to win game, lets still say La Masia produces GOAT players every season. Lets just ignore everything. Lets get new manager and repeat same cycle over and over again while everyone else in Europe evolves forward we are stuck in a loop. Recent success has spoiled fans and the club. How to change that? Fact is Barcelona fans and board doesn't want to change it and that's why nothing will change this or next season. Alves will still be there, Xavi will still pass sideways and no matter how bad Messi gets he will still be in our starting eleven.

IMO we should get a new coach just because those things you mentioned will get fixed because Tata didn't change anything at all or he is not allowed to.

serghei

We're in the kind of phase when the next couple of months could decide the next 3-4 years. And I don't trust the men in charge. Not one bit.

aaron101

Why does he always make subs at 70-75th minute? We needed 2 goals yet he waited until 70th min to sub in Alexis. What an idiot of a coach.

Make an early change if things aren't working.

I

instinct

I think the board will convince him to stay. He'll get another chance because the ''excuse'' for this bad season is that so many things happened outside the pitch. Barca is not that kind of player whick sacks a coach after one season and even if Tata wants to resign, the board will convince him to stay, I'm sure about that.

B

beautifulgame

Why does he always make subs at 70-75th minute? We needed 2 goals yet he waited until 70th min to sub in Alexis. What an idiot of a coach.

Make an early change if things aren't working.

Um, it's not common to make great changes earlier than 65.

Pep did the same.

F

Flavia

I think the board will convince him to stay. He'll get another chance because the ''excuse'' for this bad season is that so many things happened outside the pitch. Barca is not that kind of player whick sacks a coach after one season and even if Tata wants to resign, the board will convince him to stay, I'm sure about that.

I doubt it, really. His attittude shows he's gone already. He doesn't look like he cares. After what happened today, he gave the day off for the players tomorrow.

Home of Barca Fans