Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Gaudi

How do you think Klopp (or any other manager for that matter) would/should handle the whole "give me tiki taka or give me death" situation?

I don't belive we play tiki taka anymore so Klopp could have a chance to return it.
For me tiki taka is not possession only

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Evolve? Any coach would have to ask Xavi about that

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This obsession with possession is driving me crazy, what is the point of 82% possession if you don't score goals, on the other hand, if you loose possession you can score many goals with beautiful counter-attacking football because you have players like Messi and Neymar upfront who are fast and lethal in scoring.

FiReFTW

In the 2011/12 season we had 4 lost matches after 64 matches, which means we lost 6.25% of the matches

This season we lost 6 times already in only 52 matches, which means 11.5% of the matches

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Players faced shouts and insults from supporters when they returned home. (AS,MD)

EDIT : Sport poll. 49% of voters put responsibility on players, 27% on board, 19% on TATA.

Last edited:

Birdy

Anyone who opts for Klopp surely is far away from understanding Barca and its philosophy..
We dont need work ethic and motivation (only), we need first of all a man with straight forward, attacking philosophy in his football..
Its not adherence to the tiki-taka exactly, i am not negative in evolving the tiki-taka, but as long as it stays within a philosophy of football which says that the team is going to win its games by having possession, by dominating the opponent and being constantly on attack..

Has anyone any clue that Klopp - a coach that sets, like Simeone, the counter attacking paradigm of the day - is willing to change his style like this?
And EVEN IF he is willing - which i doubt- do you have any indication that he is ever going to succeed on that???
Any whatsoever? Remember Mourinho and Madrid story?

Lets become rational again and forget the idea that we are going to hire any coach that is on the opposite camp of the football historically and culturally Barca belongs..
Its a disgrace to our history 3 years after Pep, and after one of the best teams in the history of the game that revolutionized everything to hire such a coach..

We can start discussing all the other options (De Boer, AvB, Valverde, Laudrup) that at least suit our philosophy..

Barcilliant

Anyone who opts for Klopp surely is far away from understanding Barca and its philosophy..
We dont need work ethic and motivation (only), we need first of all a man with straight forward, attacking philosophy in his football..
Its not adherence to the tiki-taka exactly, i am not negative in evolving the tiki-taka, but as long as it stays within a philosophy of football which says that the team is going to win its games by having possession, by dominating the opponent and being constantly on attack..

Has anyone any clue that Klopp - a coach that sets, like Simeone, the counter attacking paradigm of the day - is willing to change his style like this?
And EVEN IF he is willing - which i doubt- do you have any indication that he is ever going to succeed on that???
Any whatsoever? Remember Mourinho and Madrid story?

Lets become rational again and forget the idea that we are going to hire any coach that is on the opposite camp of the football historically and culturally Barca belongs..
Its a disgrace to our history 3 years after Pep, and after one of the best teams in the history of the game that revolutionized everything to hire such a coach..

We can start discussing all the other options (De Boer, AvB, Valverde, Laudrup) that at least suit our philosophy..

I agree with a lot of what you say but PLEASE, PLEASE No Laudrup or AVB. Laudrup cant handle the pressure at Swansea ditto AVB at Spurs and Chelsea. We need someone who CAN handle the pressure of being Barca coach. Someone who is not afraid to drop Messi or Neymar if they are performing poorly.

jamrock

see pelligrini knows his teams needs two goals and make a early change and gets an assist from the sub.

thats what i expect managers to do

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, Alexis, Xavi, Alba and Alves are such bad players... :)

:pep:

Got me there, but with a full strenght team, he doesnt really have much. I however agree with that he should make changes earlier, have been saying that for a while now....

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
The difference is, City were 2-0 down against a great team with nothing to lose and were clearly worse, we were 1-0 down against a meh team and dominating them, we were just unlucky that we couldn't score.

Home of Barca Fans