Gerardo "Tata" Martino

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Martino can't really be blamed for the club's transfer policy... A CB could have been signed since forever. And he has to make the best of the situation. Plus, buying a semi-good defender just to buysomeone won't really help us against Madrid either.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Way to give up, jeez

I see that being realistic and having doubts is not allowed here anymore, at least I'm not blind and over-optimistic like a lot of other people here. Those peope are going to have a really rude awakening when we start losing against big teams again because of our shitty defence, and I will be here and remind y'all that...

told-you-so-o.gif

Indignado

I thought Martino would change something. His press conferences seem exactly like the ones of Tito, looking for excuses and fooling the fans. I wonder if he really means this or he's just trying to cover the board's failures.

Plus, dropping Montoya and Roberto... this season starts with the exact same disappointments and annoyances we had with Tito last season.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Martino just arrived. He won't push the board yet. Not getting a cb is on Zubi. I think that's why Tata's talking about the next transfer window, so the club has time to find a good signing. Can't really blame him. He surely won't say Zubi is incompetent.

ebc_99

I see that being realistic and having doubts is not allowed here anymore, at least I'm not blind and over-optimistic like a lot of other people here. Those peope are going to have a really rude awakening when we start losing against big teams again because of our shitty defence, and I will be here and remind y'all that...

told-you-so-o.gif

Come on, you said "We're not beating Real Madrid this season either, that's for sure". It is not for sure, giving up on your team before the season starts is pointless. The tactical deficiencies were our main problem last year, we need a new CB sure but not just anyone.

How can you dislike him already? The fact that Martino hasn't just bought someone to make up the numbers is a good sign that he wants to get the right man for the job and if that means waiting a little longer then so be it. He hasn't even played a league game and people are criticizing him already, lets just wait and see if he can fix are defensive problems on a tactical side as that is most important. Bringing in a top class defender into a defense that plays the same ways as last year is not going to make a difference, we would still concede a lot of goals.

Faceless

No more faces at night

told-you-so-o.gif

Being over-pessimistic isnt so swell as well.

Indignado

Martino just arrived. He won't push the board yet. Not getting a cb is on Zubi. I think that's why he's talking about the next transfer window, so the club has time to find a good signing. Can't really blame him. He surely won't say Zubi is incompetent.

Of course he wouldn't, but he could at least say that we're trying to sign a defender but can't find anyone who's affordable and good enough... saying our defensive problems were just due to injuries is pathetic, even people who have no idea of football can see how bad our defenders currently are

F

Flavia

Of course he wouldn't, but he could at least say that we're trying to sign a defender but can't find anyone who's affordable and good enough... saying our defensive problems were just due to injuries is pathetic, even people who have no idea of football can see how bad our defenders currently are

If he said that, it would be worse. It's almost the same as saying Zubi is incompetent in finding a good and affordable cb. The press would had a field day.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
In my ears, his mentioning of the winter transfer window certainly sends the subtle signal that a new signing is needed and will come about. He's not saying "we don't need a new CB". Fooling the fans would be if he said "no doubt we're getting a new CB this transfer window. Don't worry". He's just accepted the current situation and trying to show some confidence now that many have already given up, and that's what a coach should do, at least to the press/fans.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If he said that, it would be worse. It's almost the same as saying Zubi is incompetent in finding a good and affordable cb. The press would had a field day.
Manager should have the balls to do that... I understand if he can't do it yet though

F

Flavia

In my ears, his mentioning of the winter transfer window certainly sends the subtle signal that a new signing is needed and will come about. He's not saying "we don't need a new CB". Fooling the fans would be if he said "no doubt we're getting a new CB this transfer window. Don't worry". He's just accepted the current situation and trying to show some confidence now that many have already given up, and that's what a coach should do, at least to the press/fans.

He even suggested Vergini, and the club didn't want him, even for free. Tata didn't have time to find a cb, and zubi's options are really expensive. I just hope a good cb can be found in december.

Manager should have the balls to do that... I understand if he can't do it yet though
This would only create a bad atmosphere for the club, and it could reflect on the team. More problems are not needed right now.

lovebarca

i thought he would have known some nice CB from south american market......
hopefully we will bring some reinforcement in winter market.

F

Flavia

[h=1]Martino: “It is essential to play well and win”[/h] Jordi Clos
08/17/2013 13:04

The Barca coach sees the game at Levante as the "starting point" and is giving great importance to the game

He explained his point of view on the question of central defenders: he’s waiting for Carles Puyol and has faith in the players he’s got

Barça gets the league campaign underway on Sunday in the Camp Nou against Levante, and manager Tata Martino gave a press conference on Saturday morning to explain the state of his team ahead of the match. “The main concern is to play well and win. It’s essential in order to build confidence and send out a message. I want Barça to be good as soon as possible. We’ll try and do things well right from the first moment. That’s the starting point”.
The Argentine coach revealed that unlike previous years, the squad list will be announced the day before the match. That’s what he did today and the good news was the presence of Messi and Fàbregas: “Both Leo and Cesc had niggles but they took a full part in training and won’t have any problem in playing”.

Waiting for Puyol

Martino also referred to the possible incorporation of another central defender and stressed: “I’m waiting for Puyol. He’s working hard on field training and it’s likely that from the September FIFA date he’ll be able to train normally. I know what the Club’s position was. What I’m saying is that if ‘Puyi’ is OK, then with Piqué, Bartra, Mascherano and Adriano or Busquets we’re fine. And if something happens, we have the winter transfer window in three months’ time”.
"The problems there were last year in defence were all due to injury. If they’re all fit, we have alternatives”.

Ready for the debut

On a personal level, Tata admited: "I’m new to European football, but not as a coach. Nevertheless, all debuts generate anxiety”. But he believes he’s settling in well: “I’m still getting to know people. The Barça world is very big but out on the pitch it’s all easier to deal with. That’s our place”.

The Barça manager also spoke about Neymar and revealed that he has asked him for “patience and calm”. “He’s an excellent player, great in the 1 to 1 and looks comfortable in training. The only thing we need is to be logical when it comes to slotting him into the team, as his arrival wasn’t normal. He’s probably the one who has done the least physical training”.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Maybe getting Sakho on loan is one of the last possible options for Barca. Even though I don't rate him that much.

Home of Barca Fans