Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Yugi

3TdvdGC.jpg

that formation :worthy:
is it 2332 or 334? or maybe even 235? :tata:

mixer

Martino: "I was eager for the Liga to start to see how the team was doing, and I'm satisfied."
Martino: "How to improve? We can be more intense and press for a longer time. We can have more options in attack and know when to use them."
Martino: "Cesc had a good pre-season, he's doing great and gives us a lot of options."

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pedro on Tata:

“His training sessions are tough and that’s good for us” said Pedro. “We’re feeling comfortable on the field and with each other … We are working on our physical game and the creation of pressure that we might have lost. But it’s generally much the same style as ever … The key is still to create a lot of chances”.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
can anybody translate this.....

Ratatatatatata

A "ta" for every goal. Barcelona was a machine gun against Levante, whom they received 6 in a half and finished 7-0. It was the official debut for Martino and Messi blew it: two goals (one of a penalty), created another and assisted Pedro.

JackaL

Let's see what kind of risk we're taking by not buying any CB this year. Hope Tata continues as he started, that pressing was incredible, I mean Messi looked like he would kill somebody to getthe ball. Poor opponents. Messi thrived under Pep, now I think since he has a fellow countryman as his coach, he could even want more.

lovebarca

Ratatatatatata

A "ta" for every goal. Barcelona was a machine gun against Levante, whom they received 6 in a half and finished 7-0. It was the official debut for Martino and Messi blew it: two goals (one of a penalty), created another and assisted Pedro.

thank you very much...
really wanted to know what is everybody appreciating....
thanks again

serghei

I think it would've been a completely different story with a fit Messi. Our main problem was not being able to score.

Come on, fit or not fit, Messi himself has shown a much less desire to do pressing last year than he did with Pep and, surprisingly, now with Martino. A fit Messi would have meant probably 7-2 or 3 for Bayern. Not much of a difference.

mixer

Come on, fit or not fit, Messi himself has shown a much less desire to do pressing last year than he did with Pep and, surprisingly, now with Martino. A fit Messi would have meant probably 7-2 or 3 for Bayern. Not much of a difference.
That's a bad logic... The result could be completely different, if a fit Messi would score for 1-0... The rest of the team would be maybe more confident and agressive...

serghei

That's a bad logic... The result could be completely different, if a fit Messi would score for 1-0... The rest of the team would be maybe more confident and agressive...

I don't buy that. You can't speak logically about something that would have happened if... You just assume smth. With Bayern we had a collective problem, it wasn't about not having Messi, it was about being outclassed everywhere on the field, especially physically. We didn't do much training with Roura after Tito was out of the picture and, as a result, we looked anemic from a physical point of view. That has nothing to do with Messi being present or not.

BTW, Messi played 90 min. vs Milan (0-2) and we barely had a shot on target.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans