Gerardo "Tata" Martino

BigBarcaBoy

I don't buy that. You can't speak logically about something that would have happened if... You just assume smth. With Bayern we had a collective problem, it wasn't about not having Messi, it was about being outclassed everywhere on the field, especially physical. We didn't do much of a training after Tito was out of the picture with Roura. We looked anemic from a physical point of view. That has nothing to do with Messi being present or not.

Totally agree, Messi cannot do everything and shouldn't be expected to all the time, it is meant to be a team game.

Meitux

Everybody who watched the games knows that we were dominated on all aspects, Messi fit or not wouldn't pass 5-6 players to score, we were blocked in the midfield and in attack we were clueless. Tito's lack of having new ideas and tactics for hard times like those resulted in having the most 1-2 attacks, and plus our defensive play was bad as were our defenders individually so we didn't have a chance actually, even if Messi scored it wouldn't avoid Bayern winning comfortably.

Last edited:

serghei

I think it's awesome to mix it up. We have three players that can switch position between them from time to time and all three can play good football as false 9: Messi, Alexis and Cesc.

mixer

Under new coach Tata Martino, the training sessions at the moment last longer and are physically more demanding than in the past years. [md

Tomchin

Under new coach Tata Martino, the training sessions at the moment last longer and are physically more demanding than in the past years. [md
I just hope that the players won't be burned out by April/May (for the games that really matter)

mixer

Martino: "Neither praise not criticism affects my way of living, thank god, but of course I prefer praise over criticism."
Martino: "Pressing is something you train on, but it also depends on the motivation and conviction of the players. They should want to run."

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He is willing to rotate a lot... So he would probably train them in a calculated way.

mixer

Martino: "I don't like to make a decision before having talked with the players. They can even make me change my mind."
Martino: "Subbing off Messi? We discussed it and he understands why it's needed sometimes. Won't sub him off five games in a row."

mixer

Martino: "I've never seen a game that starts at 11pm, nor that a club should pay for the public transport to get the fans home."
Martino: "Cuenca and Afellay? I didn't yet make a decision since they are still recovering. Afellay will have to recover until end of year."
Martino: "This team has won everything so there are no new objectives, only renewed objectives, trying to win all competitions..."
Martino: "David Villa? I can only say he's a great goalscorer and that I would have liked to coach him. You want to coach great players."
Martino: "We train a bit more because we're in a period of adaptation, but there are no big changes. We're not running 10 kilometres now."
Martino: "I know who will start against Atletico, but I'll only announce it tomorrow."

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Martino: "I know who will start against Atletico, but I'll only announce it tomorrow."
Grandmaster Tata keeping it in secret
Evil-Plan....jpg

Home of Barca Fans