Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Barcilliant

Still early days but Chelsea and Bayern will get better. So will we but on todays evidence both sides would probably beat us in a 2 legged tie if it was held NOW. Bayern did leave a lot of gaps though and that is worrying. Chelsea shit to watch but still a very hard team to beat. Martino has his work cut out for him. This was the summer we could have brought in a fresh influx of players but we haven't. There is still this chip on the shoulder which many of the team have. We are not the best team in the world-that is for sure.

Barcilliant

I think we have a tough group. Milan and Celtic will park the bus and they both beat us last year. If we don't get our shit together we could look at the Europa League.

Cule4life

The Culest
Is this a joke? Chelsea camped inside their own box for the majority of the game and waited for the odd counter while Bayern still conceded half a dozen clear cut chances and 2 goals like a vintage Pep team despite Chelsea approaching the game so negatively. Hazard running past "the best rightback in the world Lahm" as if he weren't there with "the best goalkeeper in the world Neuer" doing his best Almunia impression - if I ever see defense like that under Martino I'm going to be calling for his head immediately.

And yet you never called for your dear tito's head when we were conceding left right and centre
You seem to imply that a defense of pique alves alba and masche it's good enough for Barcelona and comparable to dante lahm alaba etc :lol:

lovebarca

wow xavi and alexis not included in squad for valencia....
now who was saying tata is against rotation
this man has balls(it need to drop xavi and alves).........

ebc_99

He has balls but not players. He should have a better squad.

He does have the players in midfield and attack just not in defense. There is not many clubs that have a better squads perhaps only Bayern and Madrid.

Indignado

He does have the players in midfield and attack just not in defense. There is not many clubs that have a better squads perhaps only Bayern and Madrid.

Not even Bayern and Madrid imo, some players just look better in a well-organised and in-form team

F

Flavia

@barcastuff 17 min Martino: "Suffering after winning 0-3? That sometimes happens in football. One bad minute at end first half. This is a difficult away game."

Martino: "This has been the best Barça this season, because of the stadium where we played, the opponent we faced, and the way we played."

Martino: "What did I say to Messi after his hat-trick, did I congratulate him? Sure, and I asked him for an autograph too (smiles)"

Martino: "Yesterday there were doubts about Messi-Neymar connection after their first game together. Things have been solved in 24 hours."

Martino: "Mascherano and Busquets with problems? Mascherano got a serious knock on his ear. Busquets could be worse, thigh muscle tear."

Martino: "What worries me most is that we gave Valencia the chance to get back into the game, we relaxed when we were three goals up."

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Our next game is against Sevilla who are struggling quite a bit so far this season, we should look at it as an opportunity for some heavy rotations. They still have the ability to threaten but this isn't much of a high risk game and we wouldn't fare much worse giving a chance to youngsters.

I'd like to see the inclusion of Montoya, Roberto, and perhaps Tello. Considering how much Pique and Masch have played, Bartra might deserve a chance as well.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I don't want a heavy rotation and I don't find it necessary early into the season. I expect Bartra and Tello start ahead of Mascherano and Alexis/Pedro. The rest could come in when the match is pretty much sealed.

Zuess99

Not really impressed by him but really love him for the fact that he played jonathan. Im sure it meant so much for the kid and it was a decent performance. I hope he continues to feature him here and there.

HerpDerp

Congrats to him for having the balls to bring on the youngsters when we were struggling to stay in the lead.

jairzinho

Agreed. Bringing on the youngsters Jonathan and Sergi in a huge game like that is going to do a lot for their confidence. I really feel if Tata came in earlier when Thiago was still here, he would have encouraged him to stay and honestly feel he would have stayed. Tito on the other hand was atrocious when it came to rotations. He hardly ever gave the youngster a look. Martino seems to connect with the players more an is the type to build personal relationships with each player.

barca1899

Barcelona coach Tata Martino is holding talks with sportswear supplier Nike on a sponsor deal. Contract could be signed soon. [md] :rosell:

Home of Barca Fans