Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Hope he doesn't wear tracksuits at a match, that is absolutely the worst there is.

article-1377937-0BABBFAE00000578-579_468x343.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What are you talking about, tracksuits are great. Antic up there (is that him?) is not sporting it right though.

Gooch

Martino - excellent start...

... I think. So far he's done all the things we'd all wished were done in the last two years:

More rotation
Playing younger guys such as Dos Santos plus in key situations
Planning for instead of ignoring players' aging / slowing down and inevitable changes in personnel and strategy that will result
Flexibility and variety in play - not just tiki taka through the middle all the time even if it's not working - no more banging head against brick wall - not always a high line - etc.
Asked players to work on obvious weaknesses like poor long range shooting, midfielders not getting in the box, etc., major reasons why parked bus works against Barca
Given freedom to likes of Alexis to do what they do best instead of being shackled 100% of the time
Comfortable explaining his plan and actions in enough detail, staving off unnecessary speculation - a straightforward chap
Oh, and I think I saw some non-standard set plays, too. I hope he keeps working on this.

Well done, Tata!

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I remember it being a bit of a gamble when his name was being mentioned to take over for Tito but I liked the gamble...Of course, we're just beginning the season and a long ways to go before we know what Martino is truly capable of with a team like this...Tito looked a genius early on as well

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Passarella (president River): "I talked for an hour with Tata Martino. He told me Barcelona will need defenders in December." [ole]

Faceless

No more faces at night
Game after game, our set pieces have let us down. Hope to see improvements. Looks like Alexis does well under Tata though.

F

Flavia

@barcastuff 25 min
Martino: "Sometimes you have to play more vertical, but this game we missed control and possession."

Martino: "We won't change the man-marking at set pieces."

Martino: "Neymar played a perfect game, he's working very hard for the team, also in defense. We're very happy for what he adds to the team"

Martino: "Row at the end? There was apparently a misunderstanding of a gesture between Mbia and Song."

Maritno: "Pasarrella says I told him we'll sign a centre back? No, maybe that we'll consider it. And with Puyi, we'll have our signing."

Martino: "Disallowed goal Sevilla? It was a clear foul on Alves."

Martino: "Cesc is really palying great at the moment. he gave the team a lot in the 15 minutes he played."

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Is there any pic or video of him celebrating that last minute goal? They usually always show that but either they didn't or I missed it :/

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
i hate this Puyol is the new signing shiet, what a load of bs
what do you want him to say? 'OMG we totally need a new defender, it was a mistake not to go for one in the summer' right when the season has just started? Yeah! That would be a great boost to the confidence of the team!!

Meitux

what do you want him to say? 'OMG we totally need a new defender, it was a mistake not to go for one in the summer' right when the season has just started? Yeah! That would be a great boost to the confidence of the team!!
Say that it will be something good his return because of his leader presence, but saying that he's like a new signing is like meaning that we don't need defenders and mean to deceive all us... But lets be honest, you can't expect the best of performances from Puyol like automatically we will improve, you can't forget that he comes from an injury that took him so many months, what do you expect from him, perform exceptionally? You can only hope for decent performances, the only thing that most people want is his leadership presence in the game which is always needed but somewhen we need to learn living without. But the excuses like Puyol is our new signing is like saying he is our new stablished defender who will play most of the games don't make any sense, and are not about to happen.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans