Gerardo "Tata" Martino

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Martino: "I don't like to claim responsibility for a player's progress. If Bartra plays good, that's simply because he ìs good."

Loving Tata more with each day :D

Yugi

last season we could count all our counter-attacking goals on one hand but with Tata´s ideas we can count long possesion goals on one hand...I am not saying it´s bad for us but I think we could also get some more goals by holding possesion
I think tiki-taka and possesion football improves Messi´s goal count but reduces goals from wingers and other way...counters are great for our wingers but Messi struggles a bit (but that´s not confirmed yet because we haven´t seen much of a Messi in this system yet)....I hope Messi will get used to this vertical play because if he did, we would be on top of the world once again with everyone looking like a goal scoring threat lately

Neal Faradinho

last season we could count all our counter-attacking goals on one hand but with Tata´s ideas we can count long possesion goals on one hand...I am not saying it´s bad for us but I think we could also get some more goals by holding possesion
I think tiki-taka and possesion football improves Messi´s goal count but reduces goals from wingers and other way...counters are great for our wingers but Messi struggles a bit (but that´s not confirmed yet because we haven´t seen much of a Messi in this system yet)....I hope Messi will get used to this vertical play because if he did, we would be on top of the world once again with everyone looking like a goal scoring threat lately

Messi plays better in a counter-attacking system where he gets more space and can use his blistering pace.

coura

Banned
BZ2Of1cCEAAcOBY.png:large

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Martino: "He didn't score, but Neymar played very good as centre forward. We have other options there too - Cesc, Alexis and Sergi Roberto."
Glad to know that he knows that Alexis and S.Roberto are good false nines as well

F

Flavia

Martino: "We lacked intensity in the first half, the difference with Ajax was too big, we should talk about what happened."

Martino: "This team is the first to be self-critical. We need to learn from these mistakes."

Martino: "We pressed well in the first half, but we lost all duels due to lack of intensity. In CL, you have to be intense for 90 minutes."

Martino: "Puyol at right back, not left? He didn't play full back for a long time, the idea was he'd feel more comfortable on the right."

Martino: "We can't repeat a first half like this one today. In the knockout stage, you can be out after a half like that."

I doubt he'll ever play Puyol as rb again. I wish he'd drop Masch for Bartra as well.

Martino: "We lacked intensity in the first half, the difference with Ajax was too big, we should talk about what happened."

Martino: "This team is the first to be self-critical. We need to learn from these mistakes."

Martino: "We pressed well in the first half, but we lost all duels due to lack of intensity. In CL, you have to be intense for 90 minutes."

Martino: "Puyol at right back, not left? He didn't play full back for a long time, the idea was he'd feel more comfortable on the right."

Martino: "We can't repeat a first half like this one today. In the knockout stage, you can be out after a half like that."

I doubt he'll ever play Puyol as rb again. I wish he'd drop Masch for Bartra as well.

Hope he means what he says.

And I also wish he'd drop Masch for Bartra. Hope he starts Bartra in the Bilbao game. Maybe that's why he didn't use Bartra in this game... :pep:

Cule4life

The Culest
Im getting the feeling that he's feeling the pressure because the Catalan media wont shut up about the change in the style of the team and its making him make wrong decisions or decisions he's making forcefully like not playing youngsters more or playing Cesc as false 9 and not trying Alexis there

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He has to take responsibility for several errors last night much less a failure to respond to De Boer's tactics until too late

Maria

Im getting the feeling that he's feeling the pressure because the Catalan media wont shut up about the change in the style of the team and its making him make wrong decisions or decisions he's making forcefully like not playing youngsters more or playing Cesc as false 9 and not trying Alexis there

Which catalan media? The one that is on Rosell's payroll? The one that last year was writting that Tito was the true genius, not Pep and now writes that Tata is better than Tito? That catalan media?
Also why would you blame the media for Tata playing Cesc as a false 9 instead of Neymar or Alexis? :VdB:

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
:)
Which catalan media? The one that is on Rosell's payroll? The one that last year was writting that Tito was the true genius, not Pep and now writes that Tata is better than Tito? That catalan media?
Also why would you blame the media for Tata playing Cesc as a false 9 instead of Neymar or Alexis? :VdB:

As I said it's a hunch. Tata is already playing Neymar at false 9. If alexis plays there and flops maybe he might be accused of changing too much. Cesc at false 9 is a tradition so he might think of it add a go-to option. Playing youngsters and losing might also scares him. And don't know which media specifically is targeting him but I recall some articles criticising him

Maria

:)

As I said it's a hunch. Tata is already playing Neymar at false 9. If alexis plays there and flops maybe he might be accused of changing too much. Cesc at false 9 is a tradition so he might think of it add a go-to option. Playing youngsters and losing might also scares him.

I don't want to believe that he would play Cesc as a false 9 because of what media says because then I would have a bad opinion about Tata and until now I liked him.

And don't know which media specifically is targeting him but I recall some articles criticising him

For every article criticizing him there are 10 that tell us how good he is(especially in Grupo Godo). The few articles that I saw criticizing him were in El Pais, but to me it didn't looked like they were targetting him. Also I am yet to see a coach that isn't questioned.

Home of Barca Fans