Gerardo "Tata" Martino

MrKnowitAlll

yh A defo.

+

the thing that bothers me is that , Tata didnt get to buy any of this own players and has had many injuries but he has still only lost 2 games. and is first in a very tight league. whereas Ancelotti has come in and totally changed RM. he spend 167 million on players and sold one of the most loved players at RM. after all this he still loses 2 games in the league nd his job is much more safer than Tata's who every time we're losing its Tata out , he's a joke , he's not ready for this level.

which i think needs to change. he needs to be given time. he cant change the team like pep did becuase he came with preseason finished and he didnt have time to look at all the players yet. so what iam trying to say is that we need to stop these knee-jerk reactions of tata out and all this because thats not the type of club we are

Djab

Tello will never play again, after he published this pic. Seems it's Tata in the back :lol:

24y5yyq.jpg
Saw that picture somewhere on the net yesterday. But I didn't notice that. Epic picture :worthy::VdB:

yh A defo.

+

the thing that bothers me is that , Tata didnt get to buy any of this own players and has had many injuries but he has still only lost 2 games. and is first in a very tight league. whereas Ancelotti has come in and totally changed RM. he spend 167 million on players and sold one of the most loved players at RM. after all this he still loses 2 games in the league nd his job is much more safer than Tata's who every time we're losing its Tata out , he's a joke , he's not ready for this level.

which i think needs to change. he needs to be given time. he cant change the team like pep did becuase he came with preseason finished and he didnt have time to look at all the players yet. so what iam trying to say is that we need to stop these knee-jerk reactions of tata out and all this because thats not the type of club we are

Suggesting he should be sacked is ridiculous, but he is making a few mistakes, some of which are really frustrating. Like not trusting Bartra enough.

ebc_99

I am really happy with Tata so far, considering it is his first experience managing in Europe and especially at such a huge club I think he has handled it all very well. We must not underestimate how difficult this has been for him, it happened so quickly and he did not really have time to prepare for the new season and a new life in Barcelona.

When Pep took over he had a lot of money to spend and could get rid of who he did not want, Tata has not had that opportunity yet. So it will be very interesting to see who he will sign when he has the chance. I was impressed that he did not sign anyone in the summer, I think it showed experience and intelligence to hold out until he had time to see what the current group could give him and now after 4 months he will have a much better idea on how he can improve the squad. Spending money just because you can is not a good idea and it has hurt Barca many times in the past, so being smarter with money is one of the few good things you can say about the current board.

The football has been pretty good most of the time, spectacular on occasion and dissapointing a couple of times, but that is to be expected of any club never mind one with a new manager with zero experience at this level. We have not had our squad fully fit at the same time at all this season, so I cannot wait to see everyone together on form. If we are this good with the problems we have had then we can realistically win the Champions League this season with a fully fit squad. Tata must take a lot of the credit for the performances of Alexis and Pedro who are performing at such a high level compared to the last couple of season and I can't think of any one who is performing worse than last year with the exception of Iniesta who is out of form. Defensively we are better, our midfield has been better and our attack has been better, we have 3 players in double figures already and 5 in total that could get in around 20 by the seasons end and I can't think of another club with such a goalscoring threat.

So overall I would give him an A so far but we still have improvements to make but I think with a fully fit 15 or 16 of our best players then we can win any if not all of the trophies on offer.

MrKnowitAlll

I am really happy with Tata so far, considering it is his first experience managing in Europe and especially at such a huge club I think he has handled it all very well. We must not underestimate how difficult this has been for him, it happened so quickly and he did not really have time to prepare for the new season and a new life in Barcelona.

When Pep took over he had a lot of money to spend and could get rid of who he did not want, Tata has not had that opportunity yet. So it will be very interesting to see who he will sign when he has the chance. I was impressed that he did not sign anyone in the summer, I think it showed experience and intelligence to hold out until he had time to see what the current group could give him and now after 4 months he will have a much better idea on how he can improve the squad. Spending money just because you can is not a good idea and it has hurt Barca many times in the past, so being smarter with money is one of the few good things you can say about the current board.

The football has been pretty good most of the time, spectacular on occasion and dissapointing a couple of times, but that is to be expected of any club never mind one with a new manager with zero experience at this level. We have not had our squad fully fit at the same time at all this season, so I cannot wait to see everyone together on form. If we are this good with the problems we have had then we can realistically win the Champions League this season with a fully fit squad. Tata must take a lot of the credit for the performances of Alexis and Pedro who are performing at such a high level compared to the last couple of season and I can't think of any one who is performing worse than last year with the exception of Iniesta who is out of form. Defensively we are better, our midfield has been better and our attack has been better, we have 3 players in double figures already and 5 in total that could get in around 20 by the seasons end and I can't think of another club with such a goalscoring threat.

So overall I would give him an A so far but we still have improvements to make but I think with a fully fit 15 or 16 of our best players then we can win any if not all of the trophies on offer.

:worthy:

Samuel Eto'o

I agree with you cept for the A. I was nervous for him at first then I started liking his work when he began to sub Messi. Thought if he has the balls to sub the great one then things will work out just fine. However when the defence is fixed and Cesc is no longer a false nine and Batra starts more often he gets my A+.

The job was thrust on him and he will make a few mistakes here and there but as long as he's quick to address and rectify I will be okay. As he gets to learn the organisation and its members I just want to "demand" one thing a quality defender.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

An A from me. I like him and I hope he's successful and stays a long time. He is pretty forthright and direct and doesn't play silly mind games like other managers. Don't agree with him about some things-Batra and substitutions but things like set pieces are the fault of the team. I remember Mourinho's Madrid with guys like Varane, Ramos and Pepe being shit at set pieces and they are ALOT bigger physically. Tata has brought a lot of good stuff and it is too early to judge him.

Remember Rijkaard. His first season in Dec we were 16th in the league or somewhere there. If we had sacked him we would probably never become the club we are today. Patience is required and the board should get the players Tata requires.

Xtroverto

A little comparison after the first 27 games, with former coaches first season at the club

Tata 27 games, 21 win, 4 draw 2 loss
Tito 27 games, 23 win, 2 draw, 2 loss
Pep 27 games, 21 win, 3 draw, 3 loss
Rijkaard 27 games, 13 win, 7 draw, 7 loss
Rexach 27 games, 14 win, 7 draw, 6 loss
Ferrer, 27 games, 14 win, 6 draw, 7 loss
Van Gaal, 27 games, 17 win, 3 draw, 7 loss
Robson, 27 games, 17 win, 6 draw, 4 loss
Cruyff, 27 games, 17 win, 7 draw, 3 loss
Venables, 27 games, 18 win, 6 draw, 3 loss

This is just a straight comparison of first 27 games in charge, it doesn't show what teams or importance of games lost.

Last edited:

barcanuck

A little comparison after the first 27 games, with former coaches first season at the club

Tata 27 games, 21 win, 4 draw 2 loss
Tito 27 games, 23 win, 2 draw, 2 loss
Pep 27 games, 21 win, 3 draw, 3 loss
Rijkaard 27 games, 13 win, 7 draw, 7 loss
Rexach 27 games, 14 win, 7 draw, 6 loss
Ferrer, 27 games, 14 win, 6 draw, 7 loss
Van Gaal, 27 games, 17 win, 3 draw, 7 loss
Robson, 27 games, 17 win, 6 draw, 4 loss
Cruyff, 27 games, 17 win, 7 draw, 3 loss
Venables, 27 games, 18 win, 6 draw, 3 loss

This is just a straight comparison of first 27 games in charge, it doesn't show what teams or importance of games lost.

Just shows that even Roura can get 20 wins out of 26 with this team ;)

coura

Banned
He still has a lot to prove. The hard times are coming ahead. I dont see a lot of improvements in the defensive process. And in the offence there´s no plan B.
His stubborness in using Mascherano also amazes me.
January would be perfect to sell song, masche in midfield and buy Vertonghen. Simple task.

ebc_99

What's all this shit about Tata stepping down and Rosell trying to bring Scolari?

I heard that too, not surprised really, Rosell loves Brazilians. He is a good coach though, and I think he would do well but I would rather we stick with Tata.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

PhilS

Quite a good first half for the new coach. He has not screwed it up. The integration of Neymar is going extremely well. The team is sitting pretty in all three competitions, and the rotation policy could make a big difference as the season drags on. I predict two more trophies this year.

Home of Barca Fans