Gerardo "Tata" Martino

I

instinct

Tata seriously sounds to be the real deal. Can't wait for the season to start!

Ketoth

Correct me if I'm wrong but is 'Tata' Spanish for goodbye?

I've heard it on the streets before, I assume it means bye.

ceefoo

-xavi will still be the main point in the midfield, if availible tata will always use xavi iniesta busquets in big games
Now that Xavi is the wrong side of 33, better game management is needed. He needs to recognise that he cannot play EVERY game anymore if he wants to be in top form consistently throughout the season. Especially with his chronic Achilles problem. I still believe he has at least 2 seasons left as the mainstay of the teams midfield.
-though tata really rates fabregas, he will only use him in midfield, false 9 only messi and neymar
-neymar will be used at lw, but not in typical way, more a free role with its base at left wing
Sounds good! :thumbsup2:
-if in possesion alba will be the left winger, neymar and messi as kind of double front
:eusa_think: I wonder if that means that the role of the Right Full-Back will be to occupy the more defensive role, against top quality opposition.
-mascherano, like assistant of tata (seen with pep before), rated highly by tata
Does that indicate that he may return him to his preferred DM position? If so, what does that mean for Song?

Correct me if I'm wrong but is 'Tata' Spanish for goodbye?

I've heard it on the streets before, I assume it means bye.
It means Daddy. :shrug:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
some more statements from the spanish barca source:

-xavi will still be the main point in the midfield, if availible tata will always use xavi iniesta busquets in big games
-though tata really rates fabregas, he will only use him in midfield, false 9 only messi and neymar
-neymar will be used at lw, but not in typical way, more a free role with its base at left wing
-if in possesion alba will be the left winger, neymar and messi as kind of double front
-mascherano, like assistant of tata (seen with pep before), rated highly by tata

If Alba will be our left winger, than I hope we keep Alves on a leash - but than again, Sanchez/Pedro will probably do more defensive work on the right side than Neymar on the left.

Robert

If Alba will be our left winger, than I hope we keep Alves on a leash - but than again, Sanchez/Pedro will probably do more defensive work on the right side than Neymar on the left.

Tata means daddy not only in Spanish but also in my language (Serbian/Croatian) which alone makes him sound respectful.

I have no idea about his coaching skills tbh, except for what I've read around the internet since we announced him.

MaaZiNel

Well Neymar said during his press conference today, that Tata haven't told him where he will play yet. So i'm guessing it's all just rumours, allthough it sounds pretty good

Jadentheman

Well Neymar said during his press conference today, that Tata haven't told him where he will play yet. So i'm guessing it's all just rumours, allthough it sounds pretty good

BUt he also said that he doesn't think he should change his playing style unlike Alexis who had to re-learn football. And still is.

Everything said good. Look like Mascherano will be the DM of choice for Tata although he will opt for the classic. Everything right here sounds like the end of the Messi Era.

It will be the Messimar/Neymessi ERA!!!!

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Good but with alves on the other side we still have the two attacking fb problem. Why does he hate cesc? Also I hope he's not going to give masch games at cb in the bug matches.

kollegah

Good but with alves on the other side we still have the two attacking fb problem. Why does he hate cesc? Also I hope he's not going to give masch games at cb in the bug matches.

hes not hating cesc, he rates cesc, but main midfield in important games : xavi,iniesta,busi

ab739

Well 8-0 first win. Might have been a friendly but i was impressed with the ball movement and ball pressure. Good start

Leo10

That suit. :pep:

1375472691_876874_1375476812_album_grande.jpg

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans