Gerson Santos da Silva

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Braida is not doing anything a sporting director or a head scout cannot do.

Last edited:

Barcalove

Banned
You guys are saying too much non sense in this thread.

Gerson played great in the Brazil sub 20 team in the South American Cup, while being aged only 17 years old(he was the youngest on the squad), and not only Barcelona was interested On him but Juventus,City and Chelsea. He is not a Douglas, who was never even mentioned as a good player, there is many people(and important ones) who actually believes that Gerson has a great talent.

khaled_a_d

The one thing that bothers me about the Gerson deal that we have same type of prospect in Halilovic ,a young left footed AM/RW .and Halilovic is less than 1 year older .
I mean why not just stick to the one we already have?

Barcalove

Banned
Because we want to integrate them into the first team and there aren't enough playing time for both.

Just loan them.

If we dont make risk signs, we are never going to have great players, tomorrow this Gerson can be hailed as the new hot prospect(or the new keirrison), but still, we have to risk it

khaled_a_d

Just loan them.

If we dont make risk signs, we are never going to have great players, tomorrow this Gerson can be hailed as the new hot prospect(or the new keirrison), but still, we have to risk it

Risk signs is one thing ,signing 2 "risky" players with exact age and game usually doesn't end well .
Also both cost around 10m for 18 years old .so if one of them doesn't make it we will probably not going to get half of his price .and why not take a risk on players from different position?
Signing Gerson after Halilovic is weird ,specially considering Halilovic showed his potential with b team even if he showed his weakness too .
And loaning rarely works out for this club ,it is randomly made .I mean there is even rumors we think Sevilla is the best team for Halilovic to go on loan :lol:

khaled_a_d

If Marlon (19), Gerson (18) and Kenedy (19) in the end join other clubs, Fluminense will return 3M Barcelona paid for first options. [sport]

Home of Barca Fans