Gerson Santos da Silva

Jombi

It could be that they are thinking of another Keirrison or Henrique thing, where they are loaned out to different clubs with no intention of ever letting him play for Barca while still paying his wages and then just his contract expire after 5 years or so. Lucho probably doesnt want him, just like Pep didnt Keirrison or Henrique, it was just these Traffic deals the board are engaged in.

JamDav1982

It could be that they are thinking of another Keirrison or Henrique thing, where they are loaned out to different clubs with no intention of ever letting him play for Barca while still paying his wages and then just his contract expire after 5 years or so. Lucho probably doesnt want him, just like Pep didnt Keirrison or Henrique, it was just these Traffic deals the board are engaged in.

Much more money was spent on Keirrison and Henrique by the previous board than anything this last board has done.

If these are dodgy 'money laundering' deals. Laportas board were the worst for it.

I dont think any of it is true anyway about it being money laundering.

Last edited:

reDIOS10

Yep, just your typical money laundering scheme. Did we really expect nothing more after that Douglas transfer deal?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Traffic is a really shady company to say the least. We should have severed all ties with them after their role in the FIFA corruption scandal came out.

JamDav1982

Yep, just your typical money laundering scheme. Did we really expect nothing more after that Douglas transfer deal?

Has there been one accusation anywhere that the Douglas transfer was down to 'money laundering'?

It makes no sense whatsoever for it to be that when you look at the money involved and the number of people that would need to be getting paid and keeping quiet.

F

Flavia

Not sure if money laudering, but any business with Traffic is surely fishy.

In this copa america, all traffic names were erased from banners. I really don't understand why Bartomeu is still doing business with them.

JamDav1982

Not sure if money laudering, but any business with Traffic is surely fishy.

In this copa america, all traffic names were erased from banners. I really don't understand why Bartomeu is still doing business with them.

If only 7.5% of the player is owned by Traffic then the club dont need to negotiate with them do they?

Surely the 3m paid is only to the club and to buy their share of the player.

Such a grey area to try and get head round.

F

Flavia

If only 7.5% of the player is owned by Traffic then the club dont need to negotiate with them do they?

Surely the 3m paid is only to the club and to buy their share of the player.

Such a grey area to try and get head round.

Sure, jamdav... anything to make excuses for Barto. They will give them money, for a player we don't need, and that makes little sense to sign. When there's plenty of players without ties with Traffic. Keep on being his apologist, I'm not engaging you on this today.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Has there been one accusation anywhere that the Douglas transfer was down to 'money laundering'?

It makes no sense whatsoever for it to be that when you look at the money involved and the number of people that would need to be getting paid and keeping quiet.

There were some rumours and allegations few months back I think. But lfp or fifa have no reason to investigate. Doubt we will ever found out the details. Someone has to file a lawsuit like how it happened with neymar. It was a fact that they lied about neymar transfer amount.

JamDav1982

Sure, jamdav... anything to make excuses for Barto. They will give them money, for a player we don't need, and that makes little sense to sign. When there's plenty of players without ties with Traffic. Keep on being his apologist, I'm not engaging you on this today.

Not being an apologist, just saying we dont know the ins and outs of the money paid for Gerson and even if any of i has found way to Traffic.

Also not being apologist as dont think they need to apologise for it. Not Barto nor Laporta who spent much more money on Traffic linked players.

xavi_the_Boss

I can see why the "Board" wants him since theirs a lot of talk that Gerson has potential to be a Star player and they want to jump at the chance to sign him before anyone else does But at the same time this Screams your typical Money Laundering deal like what happened with the Douglas deal. I mean I like Douglas but man that transfer was sketchy and this one is most likely the same.

Nobody rated Douglas.Was really weird.
But Gerson seems to be different.

JamDav1982

There were some rumours and allegations few months back I think. But lfp or fifa have no reason to investigate. Doubt we will ever found out the details. Someone has to file a lawsuit like how it happened with neymar. It was a fact that they lied about neymar transfer amount.

Madrid are trying to get at Barcelona for anything going at the moment.

If they though the Douglas deal was anything to do with money laundering they would be going after it.

F

Flavia

Not being an apologist, just saying we dont know the ins and outs of the money paid for Gerson and even if any of i has found way to Traffic.

Also not being apologist as dont think they need to apologise for it. Not Barto nor Laporta who spent much more money on Traffic linked players.

You are being an apologist, but that's your M.O. You always look to find excuses for anything they do, even when a company like traffic is involved. There is no good reason for this signing, same as it was with douglas. If you are so blind you can't see the patern, that's a shame. Traffic player, not good enough or needed. Just the fact they are still doing business with traffic speaks for itself.

JamDav1982

You are being an apologist, but that's your M.O. You always look to find excuses for anything they do, even when a company like traffic is involved. There is no good reason for this signing, same as it was with douglas. If you are so blind you can't see the patern, that's a shame. Traffic player, not good enough or needed. Just the fact they are still doing business with traffic speaks for itself.

Cant be apologist if dont think what they are doing is wrong in terms of 'money laundering'.

People claim all this then in next breath a lot of them want Laporta back yet he gave more money to traffic then this board ever has and by a long way.

If I thought anyone was doing these deals to line their own pockets then I wouldnt be apologising for it.

Home of Barca Fans