Gerson Santos da Silva

Jombi

Gerson is quite isolated out there on the right wing. Isnt that much involved in play and Flu has had less possession than Flamengo.

Jombi

He shows some glimpses here and there, of good decision making, and definitely likes to dribble, but has been quite anonymous in the first half.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He was released by a thorough ball and made a run. He then layed it for Fred. Solid assist.

Jombi

So he was involved in all three Flu goals in this high intensity Rio derby at the Maracana. Made the cross for the penalty decision, made the pre-assist to the own goal and made the assist to Fred's second. Apart from these three actions, he wasnt that involved as Flu played defensive and tried to hit on the counter. Still, lets see what he can do in future games.

He is a lanky and scrawny player, definitely not a typical right winger.

Strong Rio derby victory for Fluminense. 2-3 FT.

Bran the Greenseer

Kinda weird that we're buying a brazilian left footed midfielder when we already have Rafinha although he seems good. Doesnt seem to have Rafinha's dribbling/short passing but he makes through balls which are Rafinha's current weak point aside from careless positioning and I can't tell this guys positioning from the videos on youtube and it probably wouldn't tell me about how he'll play at barca anyway.

Jombi

Kinda weird that we're buying a brazilian left footed midfielder when we already have Rafinha although he seems good. Doesnt seem to have Rafinha's dribbling/short passing but he makes through balls which are Rafinha's current weak point aside from careless positioning and I can't tell this guys positioning from the videos on youtube and it probably wouldn't tell me about how he'll play at barca anyway.

He played as one of the front 3 in this game. On the right side in Messi's position.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I imagine if he's bought, he'd provide backup for the forward trio and not compete with Rafinha.

Home of Barca Fans