Gerson Santos da Silva

Zinedinho

I don't understand this signing, if it happens.

Despite the disastrous season of the B team, I have high hopes with Samper. And after him, Carles Aleña, who has everything to be a legend here.

Jombi

I don't understand this signing, if it happens.

Despite the disastrous season of the B team, I have high hopes with Samper. And after him, Carles Aleña, who has everything to be a legend here.

20m euros is pure madness of course but he is a forward/attacking mid, not a midfield controller.

khaled_a_d

Versatile. He sometimes drifted into the middle in the Rio derby, from his right side position.

I understand Versatility but from CM to RW is a bit weird . you don't see Xavi ,Verratti,Gundogan and co playing on the wing .

20m euros is pure madness of course but he is a forward/attacking mid, not a midfield controller.

I was basically asking because that suggested to me he is more of an AM/winger than a true CM which would make more sense .though Halilovic just play those 2 positions and he is left footed too and just 11 months older .strange deal

Jombi

I cant imagine him being a CM in the mold of Xavi. Maybe he has played in that position but I havent seen it. He plays like Ronaldinho (not comparing quality of course). But unlike Ronaldinho, from a right forward position, not from a left forward position.

Jcar

I'm brazilian, sorry for the bad english, still learning... NO Google translator.

Gerson is not a Winger, i am sure of this. He can play AM? Yes, but he is a CM. He is a really good prospect that plays more foward than in his natural position because of his great quality and low level of the Brazilian League. For exemple, If Daniel Alves comes back to play in Brazil, i am certain that the coach is going to try him as the playmaker lol

Last edited:

Jombi

He's been pretty bad since his league debut for the first team a month ago. The guy just got promoted to the senior team. How do our scouts know that he is good enough? Is it based on his junior matches in Fluminense?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I asked Paulo Freitas (@Cynegeticus) on twitter about him, whether he can play as a CM, his potential etc and he replied ;

Gérson can play as an attacking midfielder, and winger, has good technique, vision, passing, has he potential to be

..to be a star for Brazil's national team. I don't think he is ready for Barcelona yet though.

Jombi

I asked Paulo Freitas (@Cynegeticus) on twitter about him, whether he can play as a CM, his potential etc and he replied ;

Gérson can play as an attacking midfielder, and winger, has good technique, vision, passing, has he potential to be

..to be a star for Brazil's national team. I don't think he is ready for Barcelona yet though.

Yet he is just mediocre in the Brazilian league. Sure, he is only 18, and just got promoted, but the price being mentioned is for players who have established themselves as one of the best in Brazil. Its a bit like Man U suddenly offering us 50m euros for Sandro. I mean, wtf? Sandro has potential, sure, but its just madness. Or corruption?

Home of Barca Fans