Giuseppe Rossi

B

barcafanatico

I played with Rossi in Clifton, NJ on the youth traveling squad. He was a nine or ten year old schooling everyone in the U14 program. We all knew he'd get somewhere. He used to go to Italy every summer and play in camps there.

Hey i played with him as well lol here he is on the clifton team you speak of very nice kids and great player, Share the vid because its priceless footage of great players starting out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuduEZ8PuqA

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
@barcastuff

After a meeting on Tuesday between his agent and Barcelona executives, a deal on the transfer of Villarreal forward Rossi would be close.

Rossi (24) would join on a 5-year deal worth 3M a year. Barcelona would pay Villarreal 30M. A youth player could be included[gazzetta]

I'm not sure if it's the right move, if it was on me I'd have bought a Llorente or some thing... But if it's really true that's some awesome business convincing one of the most sought after strikers for a mere 3m wages!!

Last edited:

nebeer

Love is All
Are you serious?? That's just awesome! I was thinking about Barca getting Rossi!! Is it anything official yet?

Xavi_78

But it would mean that our transfer kitty would be empty. They say the deal would be worth 30 Mio. I think after the Ibra-desaster, the club will never ever try again with a big, immobile target man.

Xavi_78

If true, he would be a long term prospect to replace El Guaje and in the meantime they could finally rotate and rest.

nebeer

Love is All
It would be an awesome deal. Rossi would fit in really well. Totally total football kinda forward :)

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Wow, unexpected. Not sure if it's a good move. He doesn't really provide anything other than what our forwards already do. Would have preferred someone like Hulk if we were to get anyone.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Wow, unexpected. Not sure if it's a good move. He doesn't really provide anything other than what our forwards already do. Would have preferred someone like Hulk if we were to get anyone.

Exactly... I can't see what more he offers that our forwards don't already! Except for the lack of numbers of course, the lack of a player to look up to when in need of a goal is really appalling :(

One thing is, even though the exact same tactics that work against us currently would theoretically still be as much successful if we have Rossi on bench per se, but the fresh legs and his obvious trickery is good to have

IMO if we're going to shell out 30M for Rossi, why not add another 10M and make a bid for Pato. He complements us a lot more than someone like Neymar would, and is a better goalscorer than Rossi… granted, it's not evident that we can sign him, but I don't think it's impossible providing we're intent enough.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Pato is injury prone, inconsistent, and can only play in the center which is permanently occupied by Leo (yes Pato can play on the wing but he's shit there). Also I can't think of a recent example where a player from Italy successfully adapted and played well in Spain, so no. I'm against the idea of shelling out any significant amount of money for a striker but if we're going to buy one Rossi is a much better option.

Home of Barca Fans