Giuseppe Rossi

nebeer

Love is All
If we consider the crop of young forwards coming through from la Masia it really makes no sense to shell out a large amount of money on someone like Rossi or Pato. I'd much rather we buy someone like Drogba or Kanoute who can provide something extra and not hinder the development of our youth players in the process.

There are rumors that Drogba might be on his way out of Chelsea come the transfer season. The problem with buying Drogba could be that he wouldn't agree to sit on the bench at all. And Messi is the one who should play down the middle. Getting Rossi would be a long term thing for Barca as well.

LOL! I can swear yesterday, I read a thread here about someone saying only affelay does that. I thought I was the only one who noticed! BTW none of them shoots. We on attempt the goal post and score from short range. Xavi,Iniesta and Affelay excluded.

All of them shoot from distance.

mittchan82

we got an effective system that works when the parts aren't worn out from all the games not to mention the international friendlies and competitions and injuries. If this is true (I can't believe anything until he is holding Barca shirt in hand at a press conference), rotation would be the goal.
But what about the 10 men defense that's been haunting us? I like the idea of Drogba coming to Barca but how realistic is it? Llorente is bit too expensive IMO and we don't need to spend so much on forwards (too much debt).

Drogba can certainly add another dimension to our game, the question is: where does he fit? We've already shifted Villa to the wing to accommodate Messi, and I don't think even that would work for Drogba.
I also don't think that we should expect the Cantera to solve our problems anytime soon. Even if we have another Messi in the making it will take about 3-4 years before he's established in the team and by that time Villa will be past his prime, so he'll act as his future replacement rather than anything else.

IMO the fact of the matter is; we have almost 0 options if Messi is injured, we need an ST to complement Villa-Messi and Pedro while great is not really the answer for that.

XaviMessiGirl

I agree that Drogba probably wouldn't come here, he would leave Chelsea to get away from being on the bench, not go straight to another one.

gingerless

i don't think he'll have a problem getting benched (if he moves to a top club that is) i just think he hates our guts... after all, we are a fucking disgrace

Barcilliant

Kanoute would be good. I'll tell you what Luis Fabiano would have been fabuloso for Barca but he's back in Brazil. I dont think he'd come but I'd prefer him to Rossi for sure.

Come to think of it Diego Forlan also-a fucking great long distance shooter-he says he may go back to the EPL but he's much better suited for La Liga.

So there are much better options than Rossi. I am not saying Rossi wont score goals I am questioining whether he would score goals against Jose Mourinho type teams in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

XaviMessiGirl

The thing I am wary about on many of your suggestions Barcilliant, is their age. Kanoute is 33, Luis Fabiano is 30, and Forlan (although he is awesome and I wouldn't mind getting him on the cheap) is 31. Rossi is 24, big difference. I know age doesn't always determine whether or not someone can do well for the squad but it's an important factor for sure. Buying aging players probably isn't what we should do.

Barcilliant

They are aging players but if they are coming to our club they will probably accept that they wont play every match-Mascherano is a good example. He would be a starter in every other team in the world. These guys would be cheaper and also bring something different. I dont think Rossi is that much different to what we have here already. Remember Larsson-he was awesome-Gudjonssen was ok too.

They are aging players but if they are coming to our club they will probably accept that they wont play every match-Mascherano is a good example. He would be a starter in every other team in the world. These guys would be cheaper and also bring something different. I dont think Rossi is that much different to what we have here already. Remember Larsson-he was awesome-Gudjonssen was ok too.
Let's not forget that Mascherano would easily make it in any top 3 DM in the world; I don't think that we could about the other names mentioned so far. When in fact it should be the case, because IMO Pedro is an excellent super-sub, but he wouldn't be even a starter in a team like real where they have CR & DM; and if they can figure out their central striker problems while we go for the pragmatic solution it's highly unlikely that we will be able to maintain our edge up front. So what we should be looking for is the 3rd piece of the jigsaw not its replacement.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Buying aging players probably isn't what we should do.

Why not? I'd prefer old but cheap and experienced players over young, expensive superstars such as Rossi, Pato and Aguero like some people are suggesting. We have plenty of young forwards in la Masia.

Why not? I'd prefer old but cheap and experienced players over young, expensive superstars such as Rossi, Pato and Aguero like some people are suggesting. We have plenty of young forwards in la Masia.
Even if la Masia had another Messi in the making, it will still take 3-4 more years for him to come good and establish himself. By that time we will be looking for Villa's replacement, so its not like we already have someone and we're hampering his development. Yes we do have Bojan and Pedro, but at the moment no one knows if Bojan will establish himself or not; and Pedro, we have to admit, would not be a starter even in Real ahead of CR//DM.

Other teams may be playing catch up now, but that's not a given; if we want to maintain our advantage we should be looking for someone who is comfortable enough in the center & the wings, can score and create space. In other words, another option to look for when Messi is triple marked in big games. That's why I mentioned Pato. We could play a 4-3-1-2 when we have possession with M-P playing in the center and Villa cutting into space, and then switch to a 4-3-2-1 when we loose the ball.

Trequartista

The good
scored a nice goal yesterday
I think if Barca sign him then it will be probably because Pep wants to try him in Messi's position

DucdeOrléans

Rossi is great but why another midget? What different tools does he offer than Messi, Bojan, Villa and Pedro? Had we not bought Villa then I could see him as a option, but now?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Why would Villarreal accept 30M euros from Barca when they rejected a 30M pounds offer from Spurs? You guys will believe anything won't you?

Home of Barca Fans