Giuseppe Rossi

nebeer

Love is All
Rossi is already well tuned to La Liga and he would be way more lethal and productive in the Barca side. It would be a good move. And he is a bomb of a player.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Wow that definitely caught me off guard ... don't exactly know what to make of it but trying contain the bubble of excitement that is starting to grow in me...

iookram

Pato is injury prone, inconsistent, and can only play in the center which is permanently occupied by Leo (yes Pato can play on the wing but he's shit there). Also I can't think of a recent example where a player from Italy successfully adapted and played well in Spain, so no. I'm against the idea of shelling out any significant amount of money for a striker but if we're going to buy one Rossi is a much better option.

Maybe we should consider Giovinco. Yes he's small but what an amazing player. And he isn't shit on the wing.

Barcilliant

More of the same-please say it aint so.

We already have Bojan. We need something DIFFERENT.

DIDIER DROGBA is the man. We need to add some steel to our silk. Drogba as a battering ram would be perfect!

gingerless

Wow, unexpected. Not sure if it's a good move. He doesn't really provide anything other than what our forwards already do. Would have preferred someone like Hulk if we were to get anyone.

tbh i don't wanna risk another ibra deal.

and as for "Providing something different" well, what is wrong with our attack when on form? almost nothing. So, what he provides is rotation and competition for david villa (not that he hasn't been working his ass off but sometimes you have to wonder...) with a fully rested front line we would not have lost certain games this year... not to mention the long term prospect.

also, don't forget how close that madrid copa was... imagine a rested villa or rossi in there instead of a poor, tired, off-form villa. i'm convinced we would have won, even with the defence madrid played as you call it the "parked bus"
Pato is injury prone, inconsistent, and can only play in the center which is permanently occupied by Leo (yes Pato can play on the wing but he's shit there). Also I can't think of a recent example where a player from Italy successfully adapted and played well in Spain, so no. I'm against the idea of shelling out any significant amount of money for a striker but if we're going to buy one Rossi is a much better option.

completely agree... i love pato but you said it

Last edited:

Barcilliant

It is very hard for tiki taka to beat the parked bus especially when it is parked by Mourinho. I hate Mourinho and his football but it is no coincidence that all his teams are brilliantly drilled in the art of defence. They know where and when to close the space.

Even with a fresh, rested attack we would have a task on our hand especially when our guys spend most of the time passing the ball sideways.

Rossi is already well tuned to La Liga and he would be way more lethal and productive in the Barca side. It would be a good move. And he is a bomb of a player.

hmmm................and people were saying that Villa would be twice as lethal at Barca with the service provided by Iniesta and Xavi. I must admit I thought that too. Hasnt quite worked out-has it??

We've been left with an Ibra situation.............again.

Rossi isnt half the player Villa is...........

XaviMessiGirl

At least he is already proven in La Liga, although fitting into our system is a different thing entirely. I like him though.

nebeer

Love is All
hmmm................and people were saying that Villa would be twice as lethal at Barca with the service provided by Iniesta and Xavi. I must admit I thought that too. Hasnt quite worked out-has it??

We've been left with an Ibra situation.............again.

Rossi isnt half the player Villa is...........

Buying Villa was and is the right decision. A dip in form can happen for players. World class strikers like Torres, Rooney and Ibra have seen barren periods. One has to be patient. What we can do is see which striker suits a certain system best. Wayne Rooney suits Man U's style of play, so even when he isn't scoring, he functions as a part of the team.

I would specially like to go with Rossi because he is not as big a star as Ibra or Villa. When a big star, especially a striker moves to a big club, there's so much expectation, hype and pressure on them - that it can affect their performances. Not everyone is a Messi or a Ronaldo. Players like Messi or Ronaldo would be firing from the very beginning if they moved to a different club.

Another thing that needs to be considered is that it's not easy to be a striker at Barcelona, where Messi scores goals at dizzying proportions. From Rossi, no one would expect floods of goals, as he is more like a number 10 kind of a player, which would ease him up a little. Plus, Rossi doesn't have a huge star performer expectation to live up to, so he would be comfortable.

Rossi's quality is a sure thing. I remember a few years back Messi had complemented Rossi as a player. Rossi is a versatile kind of player, which is an advantage.

More of the same-please say it aint so.

We already have Bojan. We need something DIFFERENT.

DIDIER DROGBA is the man. We need to add some steel to our silk. Drogba as a battering ram would be perfect!

Bojan and Rossi are no way the same thing. And having the steel upfront can be a good idea. Ibra was steel, but too slow for Barca. Drogba is a bus breaker, no doubt about that. But having Drogba would mean Messi would have to go back to right wing. Messi scores at amazing rates playing in the middle.

Bergkamp10

Do Barcelona need another small front player? The front 3 are great but IMO you need a backup striker who's different to your front players - A Drogba type.

These are all valid points, but the guy is barely 22 so inconsistency can be expected when you're still developing as a player. Besides, despite his inconsistency he has managed to score 50 goals in 98 matches for Milan; so not exactly a bad record for an inconsistent player ;) As for him being injury prone; well Messi was too at the beginning of his career so its not a given.

Yes, Pato is much better in the center than on the wing. But his pace and ability to play all over the pitch means that he can easily combine with Messi without being bogged down in one static position (Center, LW, RW). The thing is with our current formation Messi is forced to play in one position because you can't switch places with Pedro, for instance in an attacking move and expect him to have the same impact from the center. Villa can do that, but he's better at exploiting space rather than creating it; and in a game like the Copa it would've done us much good to have Messi drift deep into midfield while taking 2-3 real players with him, pass the ball into to a player who can create space in the center, and then pass the ball back to Messi who would be overlapping him. Here, I am thinking of 1-2 formation where you have M-P up front and Villa cutting into space behind them when we have possesion and a 2-1 formation with Villa up-front when we don't have possession.

So for an extra 10M on Pato instead of Rossi. I would say it's worth it.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
if we do get him i will be happy that we at least have a suitable backup for our front 3 and we wont lose any quality but it is a ton of money for a bench player if its 30 mill

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
If we consider the crop of young forwards coming through from la Masia it really makes no sense to shell out a large amount of money on someone like Rossi or Pato. I'd much rather we buy someone like Drogba or Kanoute who can provide something extra and not hinder the development of our youth players in the process.

M

Messi+Eto

Wow, unexpected. Not sure if it's a good move. He doesn't really provide anything other than what our forwards already do. Would have preferred someone like Hulk if we were to get anyone.

Tell me one of our forwards that take long range shots apart from affelay?

M

Messi+Eto

All of them.

LOL! I can swear yesterday, I read a thread here about someone saying only affelay does that. I thought I was the only one who noticed! BTW none of them shoots. We on attempt the goal post and score from short range. Xavi,Iniesta and Affelay excluded.

Home of Barca Fans