Giuseppe Rossi

DucdeOrléans

I guess Rossi also have a say in that matter. I mean who would prefer to move to Spurs if Barca came calling?

As I recall it, City offered way more than Milan did when they bought Ronaldinho and Ibra, but they did not move to City. (understandable)

30 million Euro is a good price for Rossi. I doubt any other top club would offer more.

Birdy

Rossi is great but why another midget? What different tools does he offer than Messi, Bojan, Villa and Pedro? Had we not bought Villa then I could see him as a option, but now?

Both for you and el estel:

These are not same-characteristics players... Villa never dribbles.. Pedro is great, he can dribble well (but by acceleration..) and Boyan rarely opens space by dribbling..
Remember we have only two players with the ability to move vertically with the ball and by their dribbling to open up space : Messi and Iniesta.. When iniesta was absent last year, it costed us a lot.. By adding Rossi, we not only have a player to rotate upfront, but also a great great dynamiv dribbles, who can open space by one great touch... His vertical runs are amazing..
If he learns (which i think he can) our passing game and works hard on defending upfront, he is a great transfer..

PS: As far as plan B is concerned, i think the idea is rotten.. We had the best focal point in Europe(Ibra) and he was shitty.. Even pep realized that Barca cannot play with a target man and said that "Ibra case made me wiser".. He never suited our system and the target man approach actually never worked.. In parked buses like Inter last year, he was the worst player on the pitch, offering no movenent at all..
I honestly love Drogba and consider him better than Ibra, but idt he will ever fit into our system..

Why would Villarreal accept 30M euros from Barca when they rejected a 30M pounds offer from Spurs? You guys will believe anything won't you?

Lol! do you have trusted sources and you really believe that Spurs would offer 30 m for any player?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Both for you and el estel:

These are not same-characteristics players... Villa never dribbles.. Pedro is great, he can dribble well (but by acceleration..) and Boyan rarely opens space by dribbling..
Remember we have only two players with the ability to move vertically with the ball and by their dribbling to open up space : Messi and Iniesta.. When iniesta was absent last year, it costed us a lot.. By adding Rossi, we not only have a player to rotate upfront, but also a great great dynamiv dribbles, who can open space by one great touch... His vertical runs are amazing..
If he learns (which i think he can) our passing game and works hard on defending upfront, he is a great transfer..

PS: As far as plan B is concerned, i think the idea is rotten.. We had the best focal point in Europe(Ibra) and he was shitty.. Even pep realized that Barca cannot play with a target man and said that "Ibra case made me wiser".. He never suited our system and the target man approach actually never worked.. In parked buses like Inter last year, he was the worst player on the pitch, offering no movenent at all..
I honestly love Drogba and consider him better than Ibra, but idt he will ever fit into our system..

I did make a note of his trickery and how he can be pretty useful against tired defenses when came on as sub.

As per your beliefs on the usefulness of a tall CF in our system... Why do you think Pep tries to use Pique as focal point or brings on Keita as sub when we are desperate for a goal against parked buses? Because he understands how having an aerial presence in the box is pretty useful!

You say having a focalpoint in our team last year was a failure, I agree it wasn't a masterstroke but never a failure. And the reason being, because he's one of the most sought after strikers in the world we had to pretty much make him our main forward, and so we had to try and integrate him into our game style i.e., force a tall immobile striker to try and make those runs anticipating the through balls... Which obviously won't give the desired results because of all his strengths that's not one! He kinda got used to them though, he was found in dangerous positions many times but sadly his form let him down

You have to understand that when people keep using the word 'plan B, they aren't asking to buy a CF and make him our main forward, ala Torres or some thing. They're just saying it's good to have an alternative option 'on the bench' so when we are desperate we try and make a little change in the style, include the aerial presence in the box and try to use that aspect to positive effect!!

Our main striker scored a total of 47 goals last season, 50 & counting this time! No body wants to move him man!!

nebeer

Love is All
We should buy another forward who will rotate with Villa and Pedro. I still think Rossi would be the best option to be that man. He is versatile and mobile. He is a creative sort of player. And as Estel is saying ^^ up here, I also think that sometimes we should have a plan B. I think in the coming transfer window, we should buy 2 forwards. 1 would feature more and rotate with Villa and Pedro. And the other 1 should be a tall, physical and fast guy. We should get this second guy for cheap from anywhere, who would know and agree to be the plan B. He would be happy to come off the bench if needed. Then, I think our attack would be sorted out. I also think we should loan Bojan out, he needs to play on a regular basis to develop - which he is very unlikely to get at Barca even next season.

BerkeleyBernie

scored a nice goal yesterday

He created a great chance yesterday at 77m (hit the inside of the back post, off by an inch) after straight-arming a Sevilla defender who was hugging him to prevent him from breaking away at the half line. Love it that he fought back and left his marker laying on the ground.

If he learns (which i think he can) our passing game and works hard on defending upfront, he is a great transfer.

Thiago is another Barça player with that dribbling capacity.

Rossi would have no problem with the passing. Villareal's tiki-taka passing game is excellent.

I agree with the rational behind bringing Rossi. But if we're going after him with 30M, why not spend a little more and get a younger, better dribbler and goalscorer; aka Pato?

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
30 million for who? I mean he's good, but 30 million? What are we, Villareal's piggy bank? I'd buy him for 15 or 20 million, and that's a lot already...

Besides, every single summer there's the new "made for Barça" striker saga, and by the end of the season we all know how it turns out...

Pato won't be a little more expensive, a lot more.
Based on the numbers mentioned, it seems we're willing to spend 30M on Rossi. I think we could get Pato for 40-45M. But even if we were to end up forking 50M for him, we would be still get a player who is better in almost every aspect of the game that we're considering; goalscoring, creating space, assists…

I would've favored going for Rossi if we were looking for a replacement ST. But the thing is we already have our replacements in Pedro and Bojan. IMO if RM can find a decent CF, then even with Messi I don't think we would have much of an edge over them at least in terms of firepower up front.
Messi > CR
Pedro < Di Maria
Villa = CF
With Pato we would be able to maintain that edge, by actually having someone who can score and create space when teams come and park their bus on the field and try to run Messi over by triple marking him. I don't think the solution is to change our game or get a more physical striker a la Drogba. Someone like Pato can create as much space using different methods and score as many goals; but the crucial factor here is that he is more adept than say Drogba or Hulk at exploiting space, given his pace and vision, which means that other teams wouldn't be able to afford to try and shut Messi out of the game by marking him with 2-3 players because that would mean leaving a big hole for Pato to exploit.

Last edited:

SwiftGuyver

if we could rotate...

forwards - Messi, Villa, Pedro, Pato, Afellay, Jeffren...

midfield - Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Thiago, Busquets, Mascherano...

defense - Puyol, Pique, Alves, Abidal, Sakho, Fontas, Bartra, Adriano...

send Bojan out on loan...

sell Zlatan, Caceres, Henrique, Keirrison, Milito, Maxwell, Hleb...

then next season we really would have strength and depth in our first team squad...

impeh

Hi, its me..
that squad would be awesome, but have we been linked with pato at all recently? i dont see that happening, unless alves starts shitting money.

40m for cesc, yeh, + a cheapish defender (hopefully sakho.. but again i havnt heard much about him being close to us), then another 30m for rossi/pato? .. rather go for a cheaper alternative, plus both of those will want to start.. and we have pedro, who is more adapt to playing on the wing :)

i thought we had loads of debt :paperbag:

SwiftGuyver

our annual transfer budget + the first installment of the Qatar money + the money raised by selling all those players = about £120 million...

40m for Pato
40m for Cesc
15m for Sakho

spend £95m and put the other £25m towards the debt...

with that squad we won't really need to spend much at all over the next couple of summers...keep paying the debt off...

Moe