Gonzalo Higuain

Yugi

I wonder if there´s slight chance of him playing for us. Don´t see it happening tho but would be great buy

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
If you love him, set him free.

You are an idiot sometimes. Where else he would go that wouldn't be a massive downgrade? If you love Argentina, you'd wish he'd fully recover because seeing him in a Juve shirt will make me throw up, as well as in a Milan shirt. IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF he does leave Real I'd love it if he goes to Inter Milan but anywhere in England would break him and ruin his game, just one more player corrupted for Argentina. Man City do not need to ruin Gonzalo, Man U would be disgusting, Chelsea is ughhh, and he would be lost in Germany.

He has to stay, the last thing we need is another ball hog like Aguero who will want the ball to his feet not behind a defender. His speed is affected but I do not think it is permanent, I think he will recover because his crossing is still much better than Benzema, whose interlink play is not better than Higuain just used more. Benzema is surely the better dribbler though. My only concern with Higuain is his poor CL form, something I'd gladly keep Benzema fresh for and Higuain to win the league for us.

Beast

The Observer
Raed when you talk about a striker and compare him to another striker and say his crossing is better you are not giving your argument any value

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
You are an idiot sometimes. Where else he would go that wouldn't be a massive downgrade? If you love Argentina, you'd wish he'd fully recover because seeing him in a Juve shirt will make me throw up, as well as in a Milan shirt. IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF he does leave Real I'd love it if he goes to Inter Milan but anywhere in England would break him and ruin his game, just one more player corrupted for Argentina. Man City do not need to ruin Gonzalo, Man U would be disgusting, Chelsea is ughhh, and he would be lost in Germany.

He could go to Levante, it doesn't matter how much a downgrade it will be because any other club in the world would make one of the best strikers in the world The Man instead of having him wash Benzema's balls for play time because he doesn't defend or play physical enough for Mourinho.

I hate to say it but Juve would be perfect for him, and I hate Juve as much as I hate your scum excuse for a team.

Aguero on the other hand would be perfect Mourinho, he's a little pit bull, plus he's all tatted up and has a blowout, the poor man can't even get a proper tan to complete the look in Manchester.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
When our main target is Ronaldo, our striker's ability to assist is also a main attribute, especially crossing. Low crosses, high crosses, Higuain is good at both. He cannot interlink a lot before he decides to do what his instincts tell him to do, score while his counter park does. But when he does it is effective, because they are predatory balls. Conceded though, Ronaldo doesn't need much of a brilliant ball to score, he just needs the ball going in the general direction to score.

Part of the reason why we are able to score out of no where is because Higuain is the best at shooting early (Meta mentioned this) and shoot in and to uncomfortable corners. Because if it is scoring you are comparing then I am sure Higuain has no reason to leave. Benzema has a higher number of assists, but that is entirely dependent on him playing to Ronaldo, like virtually every move is to find Ronaldo. While Benzema does interlink better than Higuain, as in, does his job to satisfy Ronaldo better, he has been a reason behind many of our disrupted plays. I love Benzema because he gives us a killer edge by actually taking a defender on, because he can hustle and push defenders out, his heading ability is also under rated, and his technique is better than Higuains. But the season is long, and if disrupting our general play is something we are to avoid, then bringing in a diva like Tevez or Aguero or Mario or whoever is going to be absolutely gobshite, and bringing in a lesser player is shooting ourselves in the foot.

For my money, Benzema played way too many games this season, he did fantastic and I give him that but Higuain could have easily seen more starts, simply in the league. We need to keep both, and if Higuain wants to venture elsewhere then we need to convince him otherwise and keep him. This is not Barcelona, Higuain did everything to stay on this team and help us win, from day 1 and until now. He is 4 days older than I am, and I am sure he if feeling under appreciated especially when he proved himself a million times over like you said.

We cannot let go of our players and lose faith right away. He has an injury problem, so we deal with it and we be patient with him. Never did he kick a fuss about ANYTHING. Not once did I see him misbehave. Remember what he did to win us that league under Capello at 19? I do, I think he deserves to stay on. Especially that our manager won't stay for too long either so in a year or two maximum we will find ourself wondering, why the fuck did we sell him? So selling Higuain to cash in on him is a terrible way of looking at it and a worse way of explaining it.

There is more to it than just football on here, something he is very good at, but nonetheless he is part of the old guard, the team that initially broke a dreaded run and only aged 24. He is one of our most likable figures, someone who has fought day in day out. Despite everything, he is uncorruptable, like Marcelo, Khedira, Arbeloa, Pepe, Coentrao, Callejon, and to a lesser extent Ramos and Xabi. Sorry but remove Higuain from this and trust me Benzema is going back to being a lazy son of a bitch. Because even with Higuain on his tail, he is sometimes still a lazy son of a bitch.

Back to your comment, crossing is important to Madrid considering Di Maria requires many to get one right (and he is allowed many crosses per game), Ronaldo blows hot and cold (is our primary target anyway), Xabi's are verticle, Kaka is a corpse, Arbeloa is shit at it, and Callejon is meh...

On a football ground, on a personal ground, on a dressing room ground, Higuain should be untouchable, for another year anyway. He is part of us, one of our own. Not a mercenary who joined in the bitter movement of Mourinho, not someone who considered jumping the ship ever, no, he was there through thick and thin and deserves to be trusted more. I am not being nostalgic and I know you do not need to be lectured on this, you always know all what I have said but this is for everyone else on here.

And anyway, any criticism on here is due to the fact that the team is actually lacking a lot in midfield. There is a long list of players I would get rid of before considering Higuain's exit, starting with Khedira. Just because Benzema plays much better with Ronaldo does not mean he will be arsed to do it all again next year, I do not trust him, nor anyone else who is ready to come on board, Higuain I trust, fully. I also trust that he will gain what he lost, or make up for it because he is intelligent and funny how we criticize Higuain's lack of interlink play yet we praise the fact that we have many scorers, well that is because Higuain does not give a flying fuck about image and is not intimidated by anyone. Imagine we have another Ronaldo suck up?

There is no point in selling him, none. Cash? And do what with it? Buy a diva or an over rated player or a lesser player? We should exert all our efforts in making him happy again (that is if he is even wanting to go). And he is not finished like Raul was, and he is not as limited as Huntelaar and I sure as hell do not want another pissed of Madrid player like Sniejder, Robben, Eto'o...

Having supported this club for so long, I expect it, I know our management have always made heart breaking moves so you can more or less say that I am used to it but I will still cry. Screw Aguero, screw Tevez, screw Fernando Llorente, screw all these pretenders half ass players who disappear when things get tough...

/end of rant

DucdeOrléans

I thought of that before, and it would be epic on so many levels, but I'm not sure they want to open that door. :lol:

I know Higuaín is partly French (as 20-25 percent of all Argentines btw) on both sides of his parents. So he should move to PSG or his birth town Brest:lol:

But seriously, is he even eligible to play for Athletic despite his paternal Basque ancestry? How does it function at Athletic?

Could player X play for Athletic if his mother was non-Basque and his father half Basque and only Basque from his paternal great-grandfather?

If so, then he could probably play at Athletic.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I thought of that before, and it would be epic on so many levels, but I'm not sure they want to open that door. :lol:
you mean Real won't let that happen?

This is the way it should pan out... Higuain swap for Javi and Martinez. Javi and Martinez butt rape CR7, Pepe, Ramos & di Maria, see his contract through and sign for Barcelona on a free. As simple as that!!

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

What? His injury is what is putting him up for sale, there were murmurs about him leaving when it first happened but we kept him on board. If it is apparent that Higuain's injury have cost him too much to stay in Madrid then I'd reason with it then. Not now though, especially when he scored 22 goals in the league this year, coming of the bench many times. He wins leagues, he needs to stay for another year.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I know Higuaín is partly French (as 20-25 percent of all Argentines btw) on both sides of his parents. So he should move to PSG or his birth town Brest:lol:

But seriously, is he even eligible to play for Athletic despite his paternal Basque ancestry? How does it function at Athletic?

Could player X play for Athletic if his mother was non-Basque and his father half Basque and only Basque from his paternal great-grandfather?

If so, then he could probably play at Athletic.

25% French ancestry? No way, there's a ton (my host mother my first time in Buenos Aires was French ancestry :p), but it's slightly under 20%. Less than Italian and Spanish, probably more than any other particular European nation. And of these French-Argentines, a TON are Basque, so they are awesome.

Not sure what the exact requirements are with Athletic, it's constantly shifting. I'd imagine he's not eligible, or the club would have a ton of Argentine and Chilean players already.

Home of Barca Fans