Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

serghei

Madrid still has a superior side on almost every position. It's unrealistic to demand a league title if they come up as strong next season as they did this year. On the other hand, they haven't reapeated a league title since 16 years ago, so they are bound to lose focus and drop more points I think. Also depends just how big Mbappe's impact is gonna be.

serghei

Mbappe could be big for them. He could be hungry for a real club title after eating all that cornbread from French farmers.

fergus90

I can understand why Laporta sacked Xavi because it could be seen he’d taken the club as far as he could. He is in no way a bad manager and like I said before could well see him get clubs challenging for Europe, especially where how you play isn’t so scrutinised. He also does need to calm his temperament on the sidelines as he picks up way too many cards for a manager of a big club.

Madrid this year have been stronger than 22/23 and seem to be building a really good squad so I think any manager not named Guardiola or Klopp is going to have to do very well to win the league.

Only saving grace could be the loss of Kroos who is so fundamental to Real.

jamrock

The expectation this season was a league win, after Madrid bought Bellingham for 100m

And we bought oriol for 3.

If Madrid signs Mbappe and we sign let's say onana and Nico.

I'm not giving flick any slack, he's suppose to be some kind of tactical genius.

Loki

Mbappe could be big for them. He could be hungry for a real club title after eating all that cornbread from French farmers.
He will score many goals, that's for sure. But how many of these goals will be taken away from Bellingham, Vinicius and Rodrygo. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't score more goals next season than in this one.

serghei

The expectation this season was a league win, after Madrid bought Bellingham for 100m

And we bought oriol for 3.

If Madrid signs Mbappe and we sign let's say onana and Nico.

I'm not giving flick any slack, he's suppose to be some kind of tactical genius.

Nah, the expectation this season was to keep our league consistency from last season. And the team failed at that. Competing hard vs Madrid is the most that can be expected.

Copa is an objective too. Both Barca and Madrid got very unlucky in the draws this season.

serghei

He will score many goals, that's for sure. But how many of these goals will be taken away from Bellingham, Vinicius and Rodrygo. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't score more goals next season than in this one.

Let's hope so. Rodrygo is yet to plateau also.

fergus90

Rodrygo will see the bench a lot more with Mbappe arriving and understandably so because you’re basically swapping 15 goals for 40.

serghei

Rodrygo will see the bench a lot more with Mbappe arriving and understandably so because you’re basically swapping 15 goals for 40.

Don't think so. Bellingham in midfield is more likely. Tchouameni, Valverde, Bellingham - Vinicius, Mbappe, Rodrygo.

Windhook

Well, we all sound like Xavi in his infamous post-match press conference before the sack. Real Madrid will dominate. :lol:

Of course there will be competition and jealousy for playing time and positions.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Will wait to see who we sign before I set proper expectations, but the bare minimum should be to play better football and not collapse like we often do.

If Flick is the better manager and tactician then those things should be rectified quickly.

jamrock

Nah, the expectation this season was to keep our league consistency from last season. And the team failed at that. Competing hard vs Madrid is the most that can be expected.

Copa is an objective too. Both Barca and Madrid got very unlucky in the draws this season.
Copa, what are we Villarreal.

The expectation of Xavi last season was to retain the league title and he failed at that.

The expectation next season is to regain the league title.

I'm 100% sure this is what was communicated to flick, like Xavi said this is Barcelona, the expectation is to win.

We aren't playing Madrid 38 times, if we sign the players being linked, we are vasty better than every team in la Liga not named real Madrid.

95 -97 points if they win with more than that, nothing you can do.

Win the league
CL QF
Copa, I could give a fuck about unless it's part of a double.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans