Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Birdy

Flick tried to play expansive football with Germany and that was his downfall. It’s no good creating twenty chances a game but also conceding 15 in the process. Especially when two not so good results can leave you in serious danger of not getting out the groups.

Reality is conservative dull football quite often wins international tournaments. Deschamps for an example gets pelters for the football he serves up given the players at his disposal but is effective and they almost win each tournament they enter.

International football is different reality, granted

Flick's downfall was more down with the fact that he didn't train long enough with the group of players, something that cannot be avoided in NTs
On the contrary, when he had the opportunity to train a group of players every day with Bayern,
the expansive football worked and returned a sextuple

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

My theory , especially now that we are about to sign a huge deal with Nike, is that Laporta genuinely wanted Xavi to stay due to a lack of financial wiggle room in order to get a new manager.

Things changed when he managed to agree a deal with Nike and he realised he would now have the money to get who he wanted ( Flick ). The negative comments by Xavi in the presser were just the excuse he needed and would not have raised much alarm under normal conditions.

The timing of a new deal with Nike which takes us back to 1:1, and the appointment of a new manager is just too coincidental for my liking.

serghei

Good luck to him. If he can fix the defense... the team can compete hard next season. Defensive fuck-ups cost us many many games this season. He can choose any style he pleases, as long as the team reaches its objectives and plays entertaining football.

The expectation for this season is compete vs Madrid for the league until the end and reach at least a QF like this year. Anything more and the season is gonna be remarkable, especially a La Liga title, as a CL title is a pipe dream.

Maybe he gets lucky like Xavi did in his first season and Madrid get a bit complacent in the league.

Let's hope he doesn't do like Xavi and goes after some average German players just because he thinks he knows them. Need to widen our approach and start looking for interesting players from other leagues. That's probably the main job of Deco.

Last edited:

Raketa10

My theory , especially now that we are about to sign a huge deal with Nike, is that Laporta genuinely wanted Xavi to stay due to a lack of financial wiggle room in order to get a new manager.

Things changed when he managed to agree a deal with Nike and he realised he would now have the money to get who he wanted ( Flick ). The negative comments by Xavi in the presser were just the excuse he needed and would not have raised much alarm under normal conditions.

The timing of a new deal with Nike which takes us back to 1:1, and the appointment of a new manager is just too coincidental for my liking.

Flick agreed to a lower salary than Xavi had, so your theory makes no sense.

Birdy

Good luck to him. If he can fix the defense... the team can compete hard next season. Defensive fuck-ups cost us many many games this season. He can choose any style he pleases, as long as the team reaches its objectives and plays entertaining football.

The expectation for this season is compete vs Madrid for the league until the end and reach at least a QF like this year. Anything more and the season is gonna be remarkable, especially a La Liga title, as a CL title is a pipe dream.

Maybe he gets lucky like Xavi did in his first season and Madrid get a bit complacent in the league.

Let's hope he doesn't do like Xavi and goes after some average German players just because he thinks he knows them. Need to widen our approach and start looking for interesting players from other leagues. That's probably the main job of Deco.

You are not the one to set the expectations.
Nor the agenda, as you always do
You are mr nobody writing in a football forum

serghei

All Flick has to do to get to 90+ points is to stop fucking around vs Gironas, Mallorcas, Granada and so on next season. La Liga is a 2 teams league looking at the poor consistency of Atletico in the last 3 seasons.

I am confident personally. The players are gonna be more fired up next season. Barca even in this financially crippled status is more of a big club than most other pretenders from other leagues.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

For hansi's first season my expectations are:

- Good football
- more defence stability
- playing for la liga (dont need to win but should be tough for Real)
- reaching R16 in cl

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Loki

That depends also on Real. A 95, maybe even 99 points season if they hadn't started to relax the last two games, isn't a season you're obliged to compete. The last time we had over 90 points was 17/18 with 93. The last time the blancos had more than 90 points was 14/15. In both cases, the other one also didn't compete.

serghei

For hansi's first season my expectations are:

- Good football
- more defence stability
- reaching R16 in cl

I agree mostly. Copa del rey is also an objective, and if the draw is good in the quarters at least a semifinal can easily be achieved. If Madrid go out... a Copa title can be easier than a Supercup.

Windhook

@Birdy, you are taking this gamble on Flick too personal. Like your life depends on it.

The most normal thing is majority of people here to be skeptic, including myself. But that doesn't mean I wish him nothing but success. The first Barca outsider since Tata Martino to manage the club (excluding Quiqie Setien's limited COVID season).

serghei

That depends also on Real. A 95, maybe even 99 points season if they hadn't started to relax the last two games, isn't a season you're obliged to compete. The last time we had over 90 points was 17/18 with 93. The last time the blancos had more than 90 points was 14/15. In both cases, the other one also didn't compete.

Nobody is gonna jump on Hansi if he loses the league to a storming Madrid by a small margin. That's life, Madrid is superior so they are the favorites. He has to do his own thing and focus on getting as many points as possible, minimizing dropped points vs inferior sides.

The challenge for him is gonna be matches vs Atletico, Betis, Bilbao, Sociedad, Sevilla, and such. Need close to maximum points from these not so easy games. If he plays a direct style and doesn't keep high possession stats, his style is right on their alley.

Last edited:
Reactions: BJJ

jamrock

Exceptions are a league title, since he's some kinda genius and everyone tells us how good how squad is and how badly its being managed.

We sign a DM and LW, I expect nothing less than a league title, we only play Madrid twice

Home of Barca Fans