Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

serghei

Copa is better than nothing like this season. Of course it doesn't save the season, but it all adds up to the club's status, bit by bit. Especially in these times.

Madrid pulled the bus parade for it, in one of those "have to be seen to believed" football scenes. :lol:

Windhook

Copa is better than nothing like this season. Of course it doesn't save the season, but it all adds up to the club's status, bit by bit. Especially in these times.

Madrid pulled the bus parade for it, in one of those "have to be seen to believed" football scenes. :lol:

Birdy

And on a serious note, whoever puts the bar in 'trophies and only trophies' is clueless

The base expectation for Flick in his first year at least is improving the terrible Xavi horror ball we played for two years
And then, making the team have a football identity
Trophies will come after this

Reactions: BJJ

jamrock

Already lowering the bar for flick, typical lol.

A "vasty" inferior coach won a league title in his first full season, if flick gets an even better team, he damn well better win something.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we manage to sign some good players then Flick need to deliver at least the CDR and push Real Madrid until the very end for a league title, and if lose by 2-4 points in the end then so be it, but cannot be 10 points behind and excuse that.

If Hansi Flick is a much better manager than Xavi then improvement both football-wise and results-wise are to be expected, especially if we manage to spend this summer.

jamrock

If we manage to sign some good players then Flick need to deliver at least the CDR and push Real Madrid until the very end for a league title, and if lose by 2-4 points in the end then so be it, but cannot be 10 points behind and excuse that.

If Hansi Flick is a much better manager than Xavi then improvement both football-wise and results-wise are to be expected, especially if we manage to spend this summer.
Yep pretty much this

Exactly what I'm saying.

This he's transitioning and building a project, I wanna hear none those excuses, especially if we sign players in the summer.

Real Madrid will be better, but so will we and as I keep saying, we only play them twice.

If he's a much better coach that Xavi, he should push them to the very limit, if they win the league, it should be by no more than 5 points, if that's the difference, then it is what it is.

xXKonan

I think most of the squad will be fine? I think for what he might want to do but we will need to get a DM and other things.

I think it's a given at this point guys like Romeu, Roberto, Inigo? Alonso(Already leaving) And guys like Lenglet, Garcia, Torre, Fati, Dest are on their way out.

I'm 50/50 on Bob though if he continues and there's still question marks on Ferran, Roque and whether or not Felix and Cancelo return as well.

Fernando Polo says the club doesn't want to sell Araujo, FDJ, Gavi, Pedri this summer.

Porque

The expectation has to always be to compete for the title.

Realistically, a little bit better football, a little less moaning and a little more enthusiasm and Xavi is still here next season. Oh and a little less than 8 goals conceded to Girona.

The numbers on the surface from Xavi season, are ok. It's just the shit stain asterix that they come with.

Flick has a harder task because Madrid signed the best attacker in the world. But still expectation doesn't change as nothing is ever won on paper.

KingLeo10

And on a serious note, whoever puts the bar in 'trophies and only trophies' is clueless

The base expectation for Flick in his first year at least is improving the terrible Xavi horror ball we played for two years
And then, making the team have a football identity
Trophies will come after this
Lmao, post this up and frame this.

Weasel post, if I've ever seen one.

:lol:

Birdy

The expectation has to always be to compete for the title.

Realistically, a little bit better football, a little less moaning and a little more enthusiasm and Xavi is still here next season. Oh and a little less than 8 goals conceded to Girona.

The numbers on the surface from Xavi season, are ok. It's just the shit stain asterix that they come with.

Flick has a harder task because Madrid signed the best attacker in the world. But still expectation doesn't change as nothing is ever won on paper.

Flick has a harder task for sure, and not only because of Mbape
Madrid 23-24 were better than Madrid 22-23, Madrid 22-23 were better than Madrid 21-22, which were also better than Madrid 20-21

In other words, they have been improving, while we were stagnating, especially since 2022.
Flick has to cover up this distance, quite hard if the title is the question

But what I am most certain about, is that the football will improve vastly.
This squad was seriously underutilized by Xavi, it has so much more to give
6 months in, and we will be able to see the results, and after some while we would be talking about Flick's Barca in a sense of having an identity

Birdy

Yep pretty much this

Exactly what I'm saying.

This he's transitioning and building a project, I wanna hear none those excuses, especially if we sign players in the summer.

Real Madrid will be better, but so will we and as I keep saying, we only play them twice.

If he's a much better coach that Xavi, he should push them to the very limit, if they win the league, it should be by no more than 5 points, if that's the difference, then it is what it is.

I am not lowering the expectations.

It is the simple fact that in Barcelona titles are not enough, or rather not the primary.
That's why I didn't hold Xavi accountable for the lack of titles this season.
For the same reason I didn't give him much credit for LL last season THO
Because in both cases, his football was awful

In Barcelona, it's football AND titles together.
In that combination, the first that can be achieved is the football, and the titles will follow

PS: Folk who want titles above all, you are certainly at the wrong club
You are madritistas in logic

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans