Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

jamrock

I am now lowering the expectations.

It is the simple fact that in Barcelona titles are not enough, or rather not the primary.
That's why I didn't hold Xavi accountable for the lack of titles this season.
For the same reason I didn't give him much credit for LL last season THO
Because in both cases, his football was awful

In Barcelona, it's football AND titles together.
In that combination, the first that can be achieved is the football, and the titles will follow

PS: Folk who want titles above all, you are certainly at the wrong club
You are madritistas in logic

Nerp Barcelona is about playing well & WINNING.

Nowhere in the identity of Barcelona does it say, play well and lose and we'll be happy with that.

We are not nor have we ever been arsenal, durtmond are whoever the hell is it is, that's just there for a participation trophy.

It's win and win playing well and If you can't do both, make damn sure you win.

All the shitting on Xavi and the glaze on flick for him to "improve the quality of football a bit".

Idk what club you're talking about, but that's not the Barcelona I've know for 20+ years.

Madrid will be better, but so will we, and we play them twice, he has to be in the title race until the very end, anything less is a failure.

Acting like we out here playing Madrid 38 times in the league, he better walk all over everyone else in the league not named Madrid.

Already building in excuses for your favorite coaches as per usual.

BJJ

You know sometimes I actually wish Xavi was still here next season.
Flick hasn't even taken ONE training session and people are on his back. Some here think he is another Di Matteo. International football is a different animal from club football so I'm not worried about his stint with Germany.
With Flick we need to see improvement and a clear identity. If he manages that we should win trophies. Maybe not the CL and la Liga but maybe the CDR and Spanish cup. Xavi was given alot of leeway in transfers and he fucked up. Things will be harder for Flick but I'm optimistic.

Birdy

Nerp Barcelona is about playing well & WINNING.

Nowhere in the identity of Barcelona does it say, play well and lose and we'll be happy with that.

We are not nor have we ever been arsenal, durtmond are whoever the hell is it is, that's just there for a participation trophy.

It's win and win playing well and If you can't do both, make damn sure you win.

All the shitting on Xavi and the glaze on flick for him to "improve the quality of football a bit".

Idk what club you're talking about, but that's not the Barcelona I've know for 20+ years.

Madrid will be better, but so will we, and we play them twice, he has to be in the title race until the very end, anything less is a failure.

Acting like we out here playing Madrid 38 times in the league, he better walk all over everyone else in the league not named Madrid.

Already building in excuses for your favorite coaches as per usual.
did you not see the 'AND' typed very clearly in my sentence?

On the contrary the "If you can't do both, make damn sure you win" is nowhere written in the club walls.

AGAIN: if you are only about winning, find a different club, a club like Madrid who thinks like that
Take Serghei and KL with you

Birdy

With Flick we need to see improvement and a clear identity. If he manages that we should win trophies. Maybe not the CL and la Liga but maybe the CDR and Spanish cup. Xavi was given alot of leeway in transfers and he fucked up. Things will be harder for Flick but I'm optimistic.

Exactly!
People don't get the simple fact that when football improves drastically, trophies will come sooner or later.
But you can't demand them from day 1, as this depends on many things such as competition, luck, etc

All these people demanding trophies tonight, before even Flick had his first interview,
were totally OK with Xavi staying more, after 2 years of horror-ball
The state of this forum....

Reactions: BJJ

jamrock

did you not see the 'AND' typed very clearly in my sentence?

On the contrary the "If you can't do both, make damn sure you win" is nowhere written in the club walls.

AGAIN: if you are only about winning, find a different club, a club like Madrid who thinks like that
Take Serghei and KL with you
And winning your conveniently leaving out the winning part for all of your hippie coaches because generally all they do is lose and you're always right there with an excuse as to why and tell us how they need time.

Nowhere in Barcelona will anyone accept playing good football and losing for 2 seasons because it's a "project", if you think that's possible you clearly are supporting the wrong club and should buy a arsenal Jersey.

If he comes here and doesn't win,his ass will be out quicker that Xavi.

Because the club is about winning above all,no amount of excuse from you will change that, now that it's your man in charge.

An inferior coach won the league in his first full season under much more difficult circumstances than flick will inherit, he better put up or shut up or it will be yet another In a long string of L's for you and your hippie coaches.

While Carlo "McKenna is better" ancelotti will be walking away with yet another league title.

Last edited:

serghei

You don't play good football if you lose often. That's sissy talk. Good football at big teams is the one that gets you titles in the end. The pressure of doing that consistently each season is why managing a big club is difficult and very much different to other jobs.

Flick knows what he has to do and what the club's ambitions are. That's why he got a 2 year contract only.

BJJ

At the moment everything is speculation. Flick knows the situation we are in, there's very little wiggle room financially. Essentially, hebhas to come up with a winning team from a strange mix of players. If he doesn't succeed, he will be sacked. That's life at a big club.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

You don't play good football if you lose often. That's sissy talk. Good football at big teams is the one that gets you titles in the end. The pressure of doing that consistently each season is why managing a big club is difficult and very much different to other jobs.

Flick knows what he has to do and what the club's ambitions are. That's why he got a 2 year contract only.

Not always good football --> look at Arsenal/Liverpool last years in Pl....

but effective football --> look at EV in ll

----

sure is that we will see good football under Flick, i hope we get also the titles we deserve !

Fati_Future_BallonDor

At the moment everything is speculation. Flick knows the situation we are in, there's very little wiggle room financially. Essentially, hebhas to come up with a winning team from a strange mix of players. If he doesn't succeed, he will be sacked. That's life at a big club.

100%

mc_lovin

If you ask me we take a lot of risk here for a side step at best (Flick ain't no Pep or Klopp). Xavi was a very good coach and he and the team got mostly some details wrong.

The only positive I see is the mental reset by hiring a new coach.

Hansi's first order of business:
Improve that terrible sleeping pressing of Xavi, with triggers and coordination
Xavi's worst trait on the pitch was his OOP approach
Good luck doing that with Lewy.

M3ls

Hansi's first order of business:
Improve that terrible sleeping pressing of Xavi, with triggers and coordination
Xavi's worst trait on the pitch was his OOP approach
One of my fears is that with Lewandowski, 37, we will not be able to create the most effective pressing possible.

By the way, there are now reports that Xavi wanted to sell Lewandowski because he is bad at pressing.

Messi983

Good luck doing that with Lewy.

This.

Birdy believes Flick will improve our pressing while Lewy will be even more unbenchable for Flick (they both share an agent, lol) than he was for Xavi for most of the last two seasons. Xavi finally saw the light in last few games starting to sub Lewy out but was too stubborn too actually give a chance to Roque who I believe would be great in pressing.

Home of Barca Fans