Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

M3ls

I see several players in this team who are not ready to press at the proper level.

Lewandowski - it doesn’t matter what diet you follow, how much you train, but age makes itself felt.

Felix - by his nature, he was always a rather lazy player when it came to defensive work. And you can't change that trait in a 25-year-old player.

Pedri - his physical condition does not allow him to be effective in pressing. I will not call him a lazy player by nature, as I called Felix. But as I have said many times before, Pedri looks during matches as if he was unloading wagons with sacks the day before the game.

Frankie - he is not lazy and is good physically, but I am worried about his intellectual abilities. Pressing is not just a lot of running work, sprints, etc., but it is also game intelligence. You have to choose the right timing when pressing, you have to position your body correctly when pressing, you have to choose the right trajectory when pressing, etc.

So, in Frankie's game without the ball (or even with the ball), I don't see a player with high game intelligence.

Loki

Barca reached an agreement with Xavi and his staff. Flick's announcement should be a matter of hours, if not sooner now.

mc_lovin

If we sign two high profile players like Nico and a DM I expect nothing less than a 90 point season. Xavi would have managed that.

Loki

mini__GP19510.jpg

Reactions: BJJ

FC B

M3ls

And Valverde didn’t believe in Barcelona’s DNA. He called it nonsense. Two years ago he gave an interview and said something like this - talk about the DNA of Barcelona is nonsense. When a player plays well, you say he has Barcelona DNA, and when a player plays poorly, you say he doesn't have Barcelona DNA.
In fact, in 2017-2020 I was a big critic of Valverde. I criticized him for his pragmatic style of play, for his refusal to press, for his refusal to play in a 4-4-2 formation. However, after a while I admitted that I was wrong. When Valverde arrived at Barcelona from Bilbao, he was one of the biggest proponents of aggressive pressing, three-man in attack line formations, etc., but at Barcelona he abandoned his principles because of Leo and his friend Suarez, who, like Messi, became very lazy without the ball.

M3ls

Valverde is a great coach. And I am sorry that, due to the circumstances in which he found himself, he was not able to implement his principles on the football field.

Messigician

And Valverde didn’t believe in Barcelona’s DNA. He called it nonsense. Two years ago he gave an interview and said something like this - talk about the DNA of Barcelona is nonsense. When a player plays well, you say he has Barcelona DNA, and when a player plays poorly, you say he doesn't have Barcelona DNA.
In fact, in 2017-2020 I was a big critic of Valverde. I criticized him for his pragmatic style of play, for his refusal to press, for his refusal to play in a 4-4-2 formation. However, after a while I admitted that I was wrong. When Valverde arrived at Barcelona from Bilbao, he was one of the biggest proponents of aggressive pressing, three-man formations, etc., but at Barcelona he abandoned his principles because of Leo and his friend Suarez, who, like Messi, became very lazy without the ball.
Was still the right move end of the day Setien was an idealist but quickly learned with Suarez and Messi you can’t play pressing football. Players lost respect for him too for asking them to do it

Competitive for all titles

Won the double and nearly unbeaten first season

Won the league ucl semi and Copa final second season

And was first before being sacked in his final season.

Messigician

Valverde is a great coach. And I am sorry that, due to the circumstances in which he found himself, he was not able to implement his principles on the football field.
In Greece he is like a Cruyff like figure for teaching the country about positional pressing and how to play modern football

M3ls

Was still the right move end of the day

Competitive for all titles

Won the double and nearly unbeaten first season

Won the league ucl semi and Copa final second season

And was first before being sacked in his final season.
Yes, but at that moment this decision was correct. He couldn't influence Leo, and he also couldn't influence Suarez, who was Leo's great friend.

In addition, Valverde received Coutinho, whom neither he nor the Barcelona analysis department wanted. A representative of the analytical headquarters of Barcelona to a representative of the analytical headquarters of the Zenit football club, directly said this at one of the conferences.
So, a representative of the Barcelona analytical headquarters said that they could not prevent this transfer, since after Neymar left, the team had to have a star player who has a contract with Nike, since Nike is the main sponsor of Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans