Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

M3ls

That is why I name Leo as the main reason for Pep’s departure. Yes, in the first years Pep could influence Leo, but over the years Leo became too big. And obviously, if you come to the president and say - I want to get rid of Leo, since he cannot be influenced, the president will most likely send you to hell. Besides, the fans, who are mostly stupid, won't understand you.

Messigician

That is why I name Leo as the main reason for Pep’s departure. Yes, in the first years Pep could influence Leo, but over the years Leo became too big. And obviously, if you come to the president and say - I want to get rid of Leo, since he cannot be influenced, the president will most likely send you to hell. Besides, the fans, who are mostly stupid, won't understand you.
Pep denied the request, saying his players may not have that kind of drink before a game. Clearly in the mood for some delicious brown sugar water, Messi stood up, grabbed a Coke and drank it in front of all the players. "It was a battle that Guardiola could not win," said Backe.

M3ls

Pep denied the request, saying his players may not have that kind of drink before a game. Clearly in the mood for some delicious brown sugar water, Messi stood up, grabbed a Coke and drank it in front of all the players. "It was a battle that Guardiola could not win," said Backe.
Yes, I read about it. We don't know for sure whether this incident happened, but I am convinced that Leo eventually became just such a person.

There is a very interesting dialogue between Cruyff and Pep when Pep was still managing Barça B.

Pep complains to Cruyff, saying that there are players in the team who cannot be influenced, but he is afraid to exclude them, since among them are the best players on his team. Cruyff literally tells Pep to GET RID OF THEM. He says - yes, the first time will be difficult after they leave, but over time your team will play better than now.

Last edited:

M3ls

Again, you must have absolute power for such decisions. You must have a president who will support your decisions, who will defend you in front of a stupid crowd of fans.

You don’t want Ronaldinho on the team because he doesn’t care about his physical fitness, he has a bad influence on those around him, he doesn’t work without his weight? Fuck Ronaldinho. I don't care what the fans say. Fuck Ronaldinho.

M3ls

At Manchester City, Pep has that kind of power. He's in charge. No player is higher than Pep. It doesn’t matter how big a star you are, if Pep wants to get rid of you, the club will support his decision.
In Barcelona, at that stage, the players became more than a coach and even more than a club.

Horatio

You're welcome
An analysis (in Spanish) of the 5 players that Albert Sensat (one of my favorite analysts) thinks will improve under Flick

- Fermin
- Gavi
- Pedri
- Araujo
- Balde

Crazy analysis. Just name all of the young players in the squad that are not on their way out or going to be on loan. Siuuuu

vegitot

So the reason for Flick will not play pressing football is because Messi is not dead yet :lol:

Somehow Messi is in US yet he still makes Barca can not play pressing football :lol:

You should worry more about bums like Ferran... They are current Barca players.

vegitot

First coach I'm excited about since Lucho. The rest have been all underwhelming, even Valverde.
Say, if he is even worse than Xavi, will you bash him as if there is no tomorrow like you did with Xavi?

I think he will do well but just curious.

snowy

Rebel schoolboy 10 got detention that day for choosing Coke over Pep-siiiuuu . That's why he's the GOAT

Haaland would never dare

soul24rage

So the reason for Flick will not play pressing football is because Messi is not dead yet :lol:

Somehow Messi is in US yet he still makes Barca can not play pressing football :lol:

You should worry more about bums like Ferran... They are current Barca players.
I wouldn't bother with M3ls.

No point in discussing things with him for his incredible laughable takes and his small-minded view on things.

Flick's assistant Tapalovic is Manuel Neuer's best friend and best man - when Neuer came to Munich in 2011 he brought him with him as goalkeeper coach.

Udo Lattek, a former Barcelona coach, was Flick's coach for a couple of year's at Bayern in the 80s.

Home of Barca Fans