Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

M3ls

M3ls

Some excerpts from the article.

Flick is a radical in pressing.

"Our style relies on very high pressing - we use it to deny the opponent any space in their half of the field. Of course, we leave space at the back - almost half the field". - – Flick explained before the 2020 Champions League final. Even against Mbappe he did not lower his line.

mc_lovin

Which sounds cool and all, but only really worked in one specific situation (Covid-CL). Probably helping Bayern to be in peak condition for these 3 (!!!) games :lol:

I seriously doubt he can go that tempo in a competetive League over a whole season.

Messigician

Some excerpts from the article.

Flick is a radical in pressing.

"Our style relies on very high pressing - we use it to deny the opponent any space in their half of the field. Of course, we leave space at the back - almost half the field". - – Flick explained before the 2020 Champions League final. Even against Mbappe he did not lower his line.
I’m sending a manita with these tactics against Mbappe Vini and Rodrigo

Not

KingLeo10

GOv0FxwXgAAdBRh

Insane influence already!

Porque

This is an article by one of the most famous football analysts in Russia, I recommend reading it. I think you will find it very interesting. The translator may not translate something clearly, but I think you will get the main idea.

Thanks for that. I like this comment (first comment on the article).

I will support Flick wherever he is. This is my selfish choice, it is due to the fact that on the clearly downward trend of Bavaria's development, it, like a powerful ray of bright light, pierced the lead clouds hanging over the Allianz Arena. Literally from the first match it was a hurricane, it was so different from what it was that it was breathtaking. Any match was accompanied by a storm of emotions, it can't be put into words. I've been living for a long time, and I think I know a little about football, of course I saw the risk and imbalance of this tactic, but, in my opinion, this is how Bavaria should be. I would support him even without a treble (it was a kind of bonus), but of course not everyone should think the same. That arrival was a gift from heaven, I consider his non-appointment to Bavaria a huge mistake of the leadership. Good luck to him in Barcelona!

This is basically the hope that all Barcelona fans have on what effect he can bring.

malvolio

Are we all in agreement that Birdy will have to take a username change to Bumsy, once Flick fails like we all know he is going to?

This is the last stand for Birdy, all other idiots he endorsed have been kicked out of the clubs they were managing.

BJJ

Say, if he is even worse than Xavi, will you bash him as if there is no tomorrow like you did with Xavi?

I think he will do well but just curious.
I'll judge him at the end of the season . It's a gamble but at the end of the day you have to try something new. Xavi and Marquez would be more of the same. Xavi struggled tactically and mentally. While a coach can have an occasional meltdown, his was almost every game. It sets a bad example. Flick seems to be pretty calm and serious. Even after the 8 2 win he was respectful and not pumping his fists and celebrating like crazy.

Home of Barca Fans