Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

TheStig

I was very sceptical of him but first impressions are very good. The results and play are beyond what I expected even if half the squad is missing. It's just first impression, usually it's like this at the start of a new manager but at least something positive at this club.

Last edited:

Loki

7 players long term injured. 4 of them undisputed starters. No money for new players, only one summer transfer which lead to starting 3 17 year olds last LaLiga game. And the less players are available, the more minutes will the other players get which increases their chance to get injured too. A devils cycle. And all of this under the most demanding fanbase and self made goals to win at least one trophy each season against the strongest Madrid side since decades probably.

Most brutal conditions for Flick. A baptism of fire. If he somehow manages to win a trophy this season under these circumstances, I'll never say a bad word about him again.

serghei

He is delivering so far despite numerous challenges and hasn't moaned or complained once.

True, but the season barely started, and let's see him for some years under these conditions. At the moment, he is going strong, but it's quite normal to be highly motivated early into the job.

This stuff takes its toll on managers in time.

So far, very pleased. The team is playing nice football, picking up valuable points, and he seems closer to a very good manager, making his stint at Germany NT a fluke, and not his fault in my mind.

Need to see him once the team gets into a rough patch, and that's gonna happen sooner or later.

I don't see the need to compare him to Xavi personally. Xavi helmed the team through a phase, did it nicely, couldn't do it anymore, got replaced as it should be.

There's a case to be made that Barca should have accepted 3-4 years of not competing for big titles, and run a different strategy (that's solely Laporta's decision), but can't really fault the club for staying true to its modern status despite lack of proper funds.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Good win against Rayo who has been our boogeyman team at least in away games for the last few years.

The first half was a lot like our previous games against them. They pressed and closed down spaces quick and they managed to get a goal. Flick made some adjustments and Got Olmo on and after that, we got into the the rhythm of things.

Funny one of the commentators talked about how Rayo was leaving a bit more space in the second half possibly trying to defend deep at times. Reminds me of the Bilbao game where Valverde said he wanted to try and hamper our progress out the back but couldn't because of how strong Cubarsi was with the ball and Lekue(Bilbao) also said they struggled against us Physically and on a technical aspect in the second half.

Flick got us looking pretty ruthless in second half of these games so far and it's actually pretty nice to see.

serghei

Not the first time they say this about Cubarsi. Truth is that his passing is great. It is also very un-robotic so to speak, he can play it in multiple manners.

Birdy

I don't see the need to compare him to Xavi personally. Xavi helmed the team through a phase, did it nicely, couldn't do it anymore, got replaced as it should be.

That's your new line this season? "No need to compare him to Xavi"?
:lol:

There is absolutely every need to compare him to Xavi, especially for folks like yourself who preferred to look down on everyone's intelligence in here, instead of admitting you were wrong

JamDav1982

Every coach at Barca gets compared to the last one and if Flick fails the conversation compared to Xavi would be just as relevant.

Folk were never done comparing Xavi to those before him also.

serghei

That's your new line this season? "No need to compare him to Xavi"?
:lol:

There is absolutely every need to compare him to Xavi, especially for folks like yourself who preferred to look down on everyone's intelligence in here, instead of admitting you were wrong

There's no need to compare him to Xavi, but if you really care to do it, then he needs to deliver the same titles or better.

If he does bring more titles, I have no issue saying you have a point and he's superior.

Home of Barca Fans