Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Joan

Slight differences in first 11 quality aside as that shouldn't decide the league, Flick has no depth at the moment. We'll see what happens but that's a much more prominent factor.

At the same time, he appears to be getting much more out of the team and is showing all the positive signs in terms of structure and performance. Not much more one can ask for.

Fingers crossed for him.

But we also can't forget that Flick is building on Xavi's foundation. Especially Lamine and Cubarsi are at this level thanks to Xavi trusting them early. Without Xavi, Cubarsi would play for City today anyways.
I think that's the biggest reason it works so well. He continues to build Xavi's foundation, but he implements also his fast vertical play and together with Deco's new physio team it all works like a well oil machine so far.
Not trying to take the credit from Xavi, wouldn't say he's building on Xavi's foundations per se. Xavi didn't leave some strong mark or direction, if it was another coach instead of Xavi, Flick would be building on his foundations in the similar manner.

Xavi's legacy is obvious in the squad though as he had a say in most recent additions as well as him promoting some of the youngsters.

jamrock

We also had many bad calls this season already, we have already seen so many of them, but the difference is we win the games convincingly enough that bad luck or bad refereeing doesn't stop us getting results.

Only 5 games, but it seems like we're building a system already.

We had 1 game with bad calls so far and won 2-1.

What kind of many are you talking about?, the season just started, stop making up things

After every game, you are always amongst the first to bring up Last season, if you don't have anything with real depth to add leave it alone.

We lost the league against the European Champions, a team that is better than us, but also a team we have shown we can compete against, by winning the league against them and even in the two defeats last season, we were as good or better and the game was decided on small details.

No one on here thought losing to girona was normal and this girona is MUCH worse than last season.they started Abel Ruiz FFS.

serghei

Slight differences in first 11 quality aside as that shouldn't decide the league, Flick has no depth at the moment. We'll see what happens but that's a much more prominent factor.

Speaking about depth, at least he isn't forced to play with keeper like Pena. These discussions can be endless. What one got, if one is more unlucky with injuries, on what positions and so on.

ajnotkeith

We had 1 game with bad calls so far and won 2-1.

What kind of many are you talking about?, the season just started, stop making up things

After every game, you are always amongst the first to bring up Last season, if you don't have anything with real depth to add leave it alone.

We lost the league against the European Champions, a team that is better than us, but also a team we have shown we can compete against, by winning the league against them and even in the two defeats last season, we were as good or better and the game was decided on small details.

No one on here thought losing to girona was normal and this girona is MUCH worse than last season.they started Abel Ruiz FFS.
As you would be if Flick had been performing poorly no doubt. People always compare to past managers, nothing new, its just intolerable for you because you were backing Xavi. I'm not really interested in arguing over past takes on Xavi or trying to one up any user here (except maybe Serghei) but I do strongly feel that Flick is a far better manager and that is why I continue to point it out whilst there are users who doubt it.

This is what I mean, now you're saying we had more bad calls last season to start with, the games were decided in small details, all stuff Xavi used to say in press conferences to justify the losses, the difference is currently that we try to win games convincingly and to outplay the opposition so we don't have to rely on luck swinging the balance.

The penalty today was not a penalty either, thankfully VAR overturned, and Ferran's red card was also incorrect, the reason it didn't matter is because we blew them out instead of trying to grind out the result. Refs are still trying to fuck us over. However, bad calls usually only decide close games.

Last edited:

Kul_z

Too bad for the goal conceded which by the way looked offside, ofcourse no var intervention.
Other then that, we're solid, fun to watch, some more joga bonito involved and we're good to go. When gavi and fdj come back we would give opposition even less space, how would flick use them, dont know but im positively surprised by the output of others. Hyped about next game, its been awhile

Horatio

You're welcome
Too bad for the goal conceded which by the way looked offside, ofcourse no var intervention.
Other then that, we're solid, fun to watch, some more joga bonito involved and we're good to go. When gavi and fdj come back we would give opposition even less space, how would flick use them, dont know but im positively surprised by the output of others. Hyped about next game, its been awhile
their goal wasnt offside. I am sure

Porque

Speaking about depth, at least he isn't forced to play with keeper like Pena. These discussions can be endless. What one got, if one is more unlucky with injuries, on what positions and so on.

Nah Flick probably turns Pena from our grief and sadness, into a rock.

See what I did there.

Total-Football

What I love about this brand is how individuals don't affect much the overall play. There are only 2 important players now :

The lungs: raphinha
The brains: yamal.

The absence of some player or other now can affect slightly the overall output, but not drastically. But the two above seems essential to the tactics.

BJJ

Watched the replay cause the fame ass St a shitty hour.
For the first time in years, we're seeing good football. I don't know why our club culture leans towards having ex players or Spanish speaking managers, but it's totally wrong. You need the best man for the job and try to back him up.
The issues we have are injuries, lack of squad depth, and lack of physicality imo.
CL will be very interesting. Let's see if Monaco cause us more problems or that the Gamper was just an aberration.

Home of Barca Fans