Hector Bellerin

anguy

You do realize we play with Alves, who is as close to useless defensively as it comes but is a starter purely because of his attacking prowess, right? Take away his attacking skills and suddenly we have Montoya, who nobody seems to like because he can't attack.

Yes, but we play Alves only because we are de facto in a state of emergency. From a new RB signing I expect more than from aging, declining Alves.

Zangash

Banned
Yes, but we play Alves only because we are de facto in a state of emergency. From a new RB signing I expect more than from aging, declining Alves.

We've stuck with Alves even before this "state of emergency". Even when his only contribution was hundreds of crosses to nobody, we stuck with him. Even now we're not likely to ever find a RB who brings more to the table than a declining Alves unless we opt to start playing with a defensive minded RB, which doesn't seem to ever be in the plans.

Alarcón

Please, spare me this. I never said he's the second coming of Cafu but IMO our best possible option at the moment. And a hater is someone who calls him crap, not someone who doesn't share my opinion. Because it blows my mind how can you call crap a really good talent who puts up solid performances in games at the very top. Have to be either blind or just a hater.

Show me 1 person who called him crap

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Okay I know he left Barca for Arsenal, but look at it from his perspective. We had Alves, a club legend, who was still playing at his best level. And in the youth system he had Montoya, who was rated very highly, ahead of him.

Can you blame him for leaving? I can't and I won't.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
In hindsight he probably made the right decision considering the mess the academy is now.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Show me 1 person who called him crap

not linetty but

Defensively he look crap to me tbh ,but he is clearly talented on the offensive end

Booked for a needless foul on Sterling and then 5 minutes later fouls him again to give Liverpool a penalty...

1) this is BPL,bojan is a star there.
2)a RB is a defender first. he gives away countless stupid fouls and potentials pens. yet some are praising him for a goal. :neutral:

Alves ruined us. I'm watching this great run and can't help but think his ball handling is shit. Can't imagine him passing the ball in tight spaces with Messi.

Only one explicitly calls him crap, but they're all pretty negative.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Well we're not going to be able to get anybody even close to prime Alves. And now that Danilo's gone, the next best option is to get a young talent and mold him to fit the style we currently have. Bellerin, as a former La Masia player, fits the bill. In addition, we'd want to get a solid backup rightback as well, just in case. Darmian would be perfect for that as he can play as backup on both flanks.

Xavinho

Only one explicitly calls him crap, but they're all pretty negative.

Alarcón's comment was in reply to linetty's post about "haters" which came before my observation. And you can label my post negative if you want, but Bellerin did get booked for a needless challenge and then did give Liverpool a penalty 5 minutes later. Let's not pretend his performance was anything other than what it was.

Okay I know he left Barca for Arsenal, but look at it from his perspective. We had Alves, a club legend, who was still playing at his best level. And in the youth system he had Montoya, who was rated very highly, ahead of him.

Can you blame him for leaving? I can't and I won't.

I can, and absolutely do blame him for leaving. Alves is almost 12 years older than Bellerin and should not have factored into his decision at all. And Montoya was not even a permanent member of the first team squad when Hector decided to stab us in the back after we'd spent 8 years developing him.

I was sickened when we rewarded Arsenal with a nice fat transfer fee for stealing Cesc, and I certainly don't want to see a repeat.

Gnidrologist

Lol. We must understand that every La Masia talent should spent half of his adult career warming the bench and neglecting his own interests, just to stay ''loyal'' to club in the eyes of bratty Barca fans and hopes of making the first team around age 30. Like Bartra. Ata, boy. Oh wait, when some players indeed do such thing, like Dos Santos Jr., he is called ''selfish'' for burdening the club with his presence, taking salaries, even though it was clear that he'll never play for the team and now that he finally found his permanent staying place, he isn't even allowed to clebrate goal against us. Such ungrateful, much disloyal, wow, You guys can't be pleased one way or another, can you?

And extra lulz for ''other clubs stealing our talent''. Barca totally never ''steal'' young gems from other clubs, not at all. Valencia alone has been robbed of 3 world class fullbacks and one of the best forwards in history of Spain in the course of last 8 years (i'm probably forgetting a bunch of others and if we hadn't had stacked midfield already, we'd totally steal Silva too, no doubt about that) and now we many here eyeball Vietto almost as if it should be his natural duty to join Barca.

Bellerin did absolutely right thing, because if he wouldn't he would ruin his career much like Bartra and now S.Roberto seem to follow the same path too. Both could be already experienced players in some of the top clubs, if they had choose developing, instead of hoping for a pie in the sky, while Barca buy one marquee galactico after another in recent years, just like Real in 00s, instead of gradually integrating youth.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
And extra lulz for ''other clubs stealing our talent''. Barca totally never ''steal'' young gems from other clubs, not at all. Valencia alone has been robbed of 3 world class fullbacks and one of the best forwards in history of Spain in the course of last 8 years (i'm probably forgetting a bunch of others and if we hadn't had stacked midfield already, we'd totally steal Silva too, no doubt about that) and now we many here eyeball Vietto almost as if it should be his natural duty to join Barca.

Not trying to dispute what you're saying, but in terms of Valencia fullbacks that we've bought Alba, who else?

King5Puyi

Alba, Don Mathieu(LB at Valencia), and don't start with David Villa, we overpayed so much for that cunt, who braced his presence for 2 good seasons hardly?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Alba, Don Mathieu(LB at Valencia), and don't start with David Villa, we overpayed so much for that cunt, who braced his presence for 2 good seasons hardly?

You take that back. :angry:

It's not his fault he broke his leg badly.

Mathieu was hardly a world class leftback, in addition.

Home of Barca Fans