Hector Bellerin

Xavinho

Lol. We must understand that every La Masia talent should spent half of his adult career warming the bench and neglecting his own interests, just to stay ''loyal'' to club in the eyes of bratty Barca fans and hopes of making the first team around age 30. Like Bartra. Ata, boy. Oh wait, when some players indeed do such thing, like Dos Santos Jr., he is called ''selfish'' for burdening the club with his presence, taking salaries, even though it was clear that he'll never play for the team and now that he finally found his permanent staying place, he isn't even allowed to clebrate goal against us. Such ungrateful, much disloyal, wow, You guys can't be pleased one way or another, can you?

And extra lulz for ''other clubs stealing our talent''. Barca totally never ''steal'' young gems from other clubs, not at all. Valencia alone has been robbed of 3 world class fullbacks and one of the best forwards in history of Spain in the course of last 8 years (i'm probably forgetting a bunch of others and if we hadn't had stacked midfield already, we'd totally steal Silva too, no doubt about that) and now we many here eyeball Vietto almost as if it should be his natural duty to join Barca.

Bellerin did absolutely right thing, because if he wouldn't he would ruin his career much like Bartra and now S.Roberto seem to follow the same path too. Both could be already experienced players in some of the top clubs, if they had choose developing, instead of hoping for a pie in the sky, while Barca buy one marquee galactico after another in recent years, just like Real in 00s, instead of gradually integrating youth.

What a beautiful train wreck of a post.

In the first paragraph you seem to having an argument with yourself. No-one has suggested players should stay at the club half of their adult careers (or even any of their adult careers) warming the bench until they're 30. That certainly isn't what Bartra has done. I personally have no problem with what Jonathan dos Santos (or his brother for that matter) did. Jonathan didn't leave for nothing as a youth player. He stayed and tried to make it at Barca. But there's no shame in not making it here. We're one of the biggest clubs in the world. The length and terms of his contract were totally on our board. In any case, he's now playing for a top 6 side in one of the world's best leagues and seems to be doing just fine. Good luck to the lad.

On the second paragraph I'm not sure which Valencia players you're talking about. I hope it's not Alba or Mathieu as we paid to bring them here. I think you might be a little confused about Vietto. He isn't a youth player anymore. He's 21, and if we want him we'll certainly have to pay a transfer fee in respect to his contract with Villarreal.

No-one is saying youth players can't move to other academies if they can demonstrate they have the talent to necessitate such a move. However, I don't see why a club with a highly regarded youth system should be fine with investing a lot of time and effort on a local player, only to see them walk out the door as soon as the player can make some money elsewhere. For instance, I have no problem with what Thiago did. He stayed here and tried to make it even though he'd had offers to leave when he was younger. But, I was very, very disappointed our board bought Cesc Fabregas back. Thiago ultimately felt he wasn't getting the minutes he wanted so he left. He's now playing where he wants and we got a transfer fee. He certainly didn't ruin his career.

Besides that, let's not pretend that Arsenal is some paradise for youth prospects who all easily dance through their academy to claim permanent first team positions. Of their starting eleven against Liverpool yesterday (Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud) and the subs they brought on (Gabriel, Flamini, and Welbeck) the only ones who had spent time in Arsenal's youth system were Bellerin and Coquelin (and even he had been loaned out to multiple clubs). Being part of Arsenal's academy is not much more of a guarantee of a first team place than being part of la masia.

As for your last paragraph, neither Bartra nor Sergi Roberto have in any way, shape or form "ruined" their careers. Even if they decide to leave Barca this very summer they are both young enough to go on to have a lot of success elsewhere.

Regarding Bellerin, despite his obvious defensive flaws (he was a little lucky not to get sent off against Liverpool, and Man United for that matter) I think he has great potential. I don't ever want him back though. He could have repaid our faith in him with some faith in us, and if he'd decided at 20 or 21 he wasn't getting the minutes he needed he could have left with over a decade of his career in front of him and a great football education being him. Just my opinion.

Alarcón

not linetty but

Only one explicitly calls him crap, but they're all pretty negative.

I'm sorry but if someone says he was booked for a needless foul, how is that hating? You guys are really clutching at straws here. No one is "hating" on him, some people just don't give in to the hype.

Zangash

Banned
I'm sorry but if someone says he was booked for a needless foul, how is that hating? You guys are really clutching at straws here. No one is "hating" on him, some people just don't give in to the hype.

You said show one person who called him crap, and he did. You can't ignore that and focus in on the arguments that are easier to counter.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
He is still too rash. Could've been sent off against Liverpool and against United.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I definitely agree that he still has a long way to ago defensively, and he was rather rash yesterday, but for a 19 year old he's absolutely incredible, he's made huge strides in his development this season and if he keeps going like this he should be world-class in a year or two

Alarcón

You said show one person who called him crap, and he did. You can't ignore that and focus in on the arguments that are easier to counter.

First of all, khaled said "defensively he looks crap to me tbh" which is something entirely different from just straight out saying the player is crap. Second, that post came after linetty talked about "haters".

Anyway, this discussion will lead us nowhere, bottom line is this kid is hyped so much on here that people who dare say that he has flaws in his game or criticise him in the least bit are called out and belittled, which is embarrassing and reason enough for me to never visit this thread anymore. Have fun with Arsenal's 21904361237489th 18 year old "world-class" player.

Devils

Alba, Don Mathieu(LB at Valencia), and don't start with David Villa, we overpayed so much for that cunt, who braced his presence for 2 good seasons hardly?

That 'cunt' scored in multiple clasicos, the champions league final and helped us win numerous trophies.

When we signed him he was amongst the best strikers in the world in his prime. What would you expect us to pay for him?

khaled_a_d

First of all, khaled said "defensively he looks crap to me tbh" which is something entirely different from just straight out saying the player is crap. Second, that post came after linetty talked about "haters".

Anyway, this discussion will lead us nowhere, bottom line is this kid is hyped so much on here that people who dare say that he has flaws in his game or criticise him in the least bit are called out and belittled, which is embarrassing and reason enough for me to never visit this thread anymore. Have fun with Arsenal's 21904361237489th 18 year old "world-class" player.

:worthy:

Gnidrologist

Not trying to dispute what you're saying, but in terms of Valencia fullbacks that we've bought Alba, who else?
Think i'm confusing Valencia with Sevilla here. Both Alves and Adriano were theirs, no? Anyhow, the point is, we are one of the best ''thiefs'' around.

Robbie

The difference between Bellerin and the other "players with potential" that didn't make the cut, is that he has been very lucky with injuries. While Jon Toral spent more time in crutches than on the pitch, Bellerin never got injured. On top of that, everyone in Bellerin's way got injured and he was given a chance to prove himself.

And I also have to disagree with the "defensively he's crap" narrative going on here. Does he make the occasional mistake? Yeah, but he's young and is slowly ironing all the mistakes out of his gameplay. That's how a defender always develops. They never start out brilliant and stay that way. They learn from their mistakes. And besides that, you should watch some full matches that Bellerin plays in. He's as fast as Walcott (some say faster), and is always sprinting to cover ground and make interceptions. He throws himself at tackles and has a few times resulted in getting us goals by creating counter attacks this way.

Robbie

I bet he loved those £££ Arsenal threw at him back in the day.

It wasn't about the money. Wenger promised him a direct path to first team football and the #2 shirt, if he proved himself. He took a chance and it worked out for him.

CrD4EIv.png

Home of Barca Fans