Ibrahim Afellay

xboogiex

Van Marwijk just said on live tv that a fit Afellay a world class player is and that he will be very important.

aki13

I hope he gets a full match in the last game.

Be the final piece of his recovery for this season. Then hopefully a good solid summer in the Dutch Squad. And still fit he has a proper pre season. Then wait til next season, he will be back to his best.

Marroquí20

Yesterday in a football talk show in Holland (Voetbal International VI).

Presenter: the 5 key Dutch players are... Robin van Persie, Van der Vaart, Sneijder, Huntelaar, Robben.

van Marwijk (Dutch coach):You miss....... Afellay. How he has performed in recent matches with the dutch team.

I see a strong, highly motivated and fit Afellay at the European Championships.
I hope he will be important, I think that will happen.
Afellay will come back strongly after the European Championships.. in Barcelona.

kaisers0ze

Yesterday in a football talk show in Holland (Voetbal International VI).

Presenter: the 5 key Dutch players are... Robin van Persie, Van der Vaart, Sneijder, Huntelaar, Robben.

van Marwijk (Dutch coach):You miss....... Afellay. How he has performed in recent matches with the dutch team.

I see a strong, highly motivated and fit Afellay at the European Championships.
I hope he will be important, I think that will happen.
Afellay will come back strongly after the European Championships.. in Barcelona.

Seen it.. seems the hosts didnt like that remark.. So they said he didnt show what the others showed.. en v. Marwijk replied "not as long". Good to know the coach likes the kid.

kaisers0ze

Had a good game today,hope he gets a chance at the CDR: Pedro definitely doesnt deserve it.

I watched parts of that game yesterday because i couldnt see it live.

Seems that ibi tried to make 1 run against a defender.. but he couldnt get to his usual speed it seemed (he lost that duel). Also his ball controll seemed a bit off.

For the rest he played an ok game. Guardiola and Cruijf both said he played ok which could help him to.

xboogiex

I watched parts of that game yesterday because i couldnt see it live.

Seems that ibi tried to make 1 run against a defender.. but he couldnt get to his usual speed it seemed (he lost that duel). Also his ball controll seemed a bit off.

For the rest he played an ok game. Guardiola and Cruijf both said he played ok which could help him to.

Im a bit worried about his speed, hope he can recover it.

Also he needs to put more risk in his game when i watched him at Psv and the national team he was playing like the daredevil.

Last edited:

kaisers0ze

Im a bit worried about his speed, hope he can recover it.

Also he needs to put more risk in his game when i watched him at Psv and the national team he was playing like the daredevil.

I think those are specific orders from Guardiola. With the dutch team he always plays like a daredevil.

kaisers0ze

Does anyone know if he will play against Bayern munich with the dutch national team?

Im asking because maybe he will have to stay in spain because of the Copa del Rey.

M

mitkoa7x

AuAY0RxCMAEGM1M.jpg

He thinks he's doing Spain a favor by injuring Robben. Little does he know that it would be better for the opposition if Robben took the place a player who would be able to score in a big game.

AuAYRoXCEAA6fh7.jpg

Negotiating with Van Persie on behalf of Zubi...

Home of Barca Fans