Ibrahim Afellay

X

xaviniesta

are you comparing my hometown club with barca and city with that chinese club? :lol:

Hatem Ben Arfa

are you comparing my hometown club with barca and city with that chinese club? :lol:

it was a hypothetical example. please don't ignore the main points.

whoever your hometown club is that you grew up supporting, you would leave them if you got offered stupid money elsewhere for the reasons I already gave.

Ursegor

World Champion
He has a family? Really? I'm in tears. Poor Keita would have earned only € 80,000 instead of € 100,000 in a freakin week. How could his children have ever coped with that?

I've seen some of the most wanted footballers in the world like Buffon, del Piero, Trezeguet, Nedved and the likes sticking with Juventus after relegation. Buffon took a massive paycut recently to further extend his contract with Juventus because he wants to finish his career there. De Rossi has turned down every offer from huge clubs like Real Madrid who would have paid him anything he wants because of his loyalty to Roma. But Keita prefers to join some noname Chinese team for the money instead of supporting Tito in his first year as the headcoach. Feel free to still support him. I'm not.

ShandyFFM

not so sure about that.. but i think he impressed by the other barca players and their skill ..seems like he doesnt want to make any mistake in his game..hes frightened

What's worse is that he didn't looked like he cares..I wish we had kept Keita and sold Afellay. :(

Hatem Ben Arfa

He has a family? Really? I'm in tears. Poor Keita would have earned only € 80,000 instead of € 100,000 in a freakin week. How could his children have ever coped with that?

I've seen some of the most wanted footballers in the world like Buffon, del Piero, Trezeguet, Nedved and the likes sticking with Juventus after relegation. Buffon took a massive paycut recently to further extend his contract with Juventus because he wants to finish his career there. De Rossi has turned down every offer from huge clubs like Real Madrid who would have paid him anything he wants because of his loyalty to Roma. But Keita prefers to join some noname Chinese team for the money instead of supporting Tito in his first year as the headcoach. Feel free to still support him. I'm not.

I doubt Keita earns 100,000 euros a week.

I'm not asking you to feel sympathy for Keita. I'm asking you show some empathy. You will do what is best for you and your family and secure your children's future. Especially when you are at the end of your career.

I don't care who you are, if your employer says you will earn 20% less, you will go elsewhere.

as for the Juventus guys, besides from Buffon who was already the richest goalkeeper in the world by then, I don't think taking that cut hurt him so much if it meant winning promotion for his club. as for the others, they never took pay cuts as far as I know.

Andy Carroll is a great example. boyhood Newcastle fan, wears the sacred number 9 and gets offered an extra £50,000 a week at Liverpool. Not a difficult choice.

If you are telling me if Man City came and waved £250,000 a week in your face that you wouldn't be off..............fine. but I don't believe you.

Galning

Keita didn't even play half of the games :/ It's not like Barça is the centre of the footballing universe. Not every player has to stay at the club until we decide it's time for him to go.
Another great example of how people on here are.."Fuck Keita seriously... he left us??? WTF!! Asshole. I hate him." :lol:

Ursegor

World Champion
Does your father secure your future? Does mine? Does any normal people's? No? Why are you asking me to show some empathy then for a ridiculously overpayed sportsman and his kids? His kids won't starve if Keita earns 4 instead of 5 million a year. In fact it won't make any difference. And of course Keita gets 100 k a week. Bojan was on 3 million a year as a teenager. So I assume Keita will be on about 5. With bonuses for winning La Liga / the CL even more. Which is about 100 k a week.

Buffon reduced his wages from 6 to 4 million. Which is 33 %. So that didn't hurt him but the 20 % difference of Keita would have risked the future of his kids. Sure thing.

By the way, I remember some other players who also took paycuts just to play for Barcelona: Fabregas, Alexis and Mascherano. Especially Alexis would have earned twice as much at City but he rejected that as was revealed later on by Udinese's president.

Also the Carroll example is totally out of place. As a Newcastle fan I'd except you to know that Carroll never wanted to leave. Newcastle forced the move to get the 35 million for him. According to rumours he sucked so hard for Liverpool because he was homesick and never wanted to be there in the first place.

Keita was a moneygrabber like Yaya. Good riddance.

Galning

keitedisco.gif

F

Flavia

Does your father secure your future? Does mine? Does any normal people's? No? Why are you asking me to show some empathy then for a ridiculously overpayed sportsman and his kids? His kids won't starve if Keita earns 4 instead of 5 million a year. In fact it won't make any difference. And of course Keita gets 100 k a week. Bojan was on 3 million a year as a teenager. So I assume Keita will be on about 5. With bonuses for winning La Liga / the CL even more. Which is about 100 k a week.

Buffon reduced his wages from 6 to 4 million. Which is 33 %. So that didn't hurt him but the 20 % difference of Keita would have risked the future of his kids. Sure thing.

By the way, I remember some other players who also took paycuts just to play for Barcelona: Fabregas, Alexis and Mascherano. Especially Alexis would have earned twice as much at City but he rejected that as was revealed later on by Udinese's president.

Also the Carroll example is totally out of place. As a Newcastle fan I'd except you to know that Carroll never wanted to leave. Newcastle forced the move to get the 35 million for him. According to rumours he sucked so hard for Liverpool because he was homesick and never wanted to be there in the first place.

Keita didn't earn that much, no way he was on 5. Bojan probably was on a higher wage than him, and that wouldn't surprise me. He's going to earn 4.3 mi in china, but free of taxes. Not that much, if compared to what actual overpaid footballers get.

Fabregas still makes a lot of money. He earns less than at arsenal, but still a lot, and he won't fall into the 43% as he is catalan.

2rrtqtx.jpg

Keita was included together with adriano, abidal, etc...

Hatem Ben Arfa

your parents did nothing to secure your future? didn't make savings for a higher education? you won't do something similar for your own children?

Like you would turn down Man City or China or Anzhi money.

I only know of Buffon that took a pay cut. I know nothing of the others.

Carroll didn't have to go anywhere he had a contract for 5 years. they wanted to sell him but they didn't hold a knife to his throat. He said to Newcastle, Liverpool have offered me this much per week, I want a new contract at Newcastle reflecting it. They said no. The rest is history.

You'll have to tell me who those other players that took paycuts were.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good riddance? Keita was a loyal servant who is approaching the end of his career and went to China for one last pay check and knows he barely played for Barca yet was super positive influence on the entire team. Pep went for a big paycheck too, so it was good riddance then, right?

XaviMessiGirl

Buffon took a massive paycut recently to further extend his contract with Juventus because he wants to finish his career there. De Rossi has turned down every offer from huge clubs like Real Madrid who would have paid him anything he wants because of his loyalty to Roma. But Keita prefers to join some noname Chinese team for the money instead of supporting Tito in his first year as the headcoach. Feel free to still support him. I'm not.

Er. How can you compare Buffon and De Rossi to Keita? Gigi Buffon has been with Juve since 2001, of course by this point he would be staunchly loyal. And De Rossi is romanista from birth. In addition they are both always starters for their respective clubs.

Keita, on the other hand... was only with us for four seasons, was largely a squad player, and has no actual connection to Barca. Why expect him to act the same way?

Home of Barca Fans