Ibrahim Afellay

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
And now we know Gneg can be ignored in any Dutch-related conversation with that kind of bias :D
Hold on, merely exaggerating. I dig a lot of Dutch things. Albert Heijn is great, Chantal Janzen looks amazing, Kluivert is an all-time favourite, Efteling brings up youth memories, ....

I simply don't believe in Afellay, he was a good boy financially so I would advocate a sale of him in the summer and bag some profits on him to use to buy real class players. Barca needs to buy world class players to fill the gaps the current cantera players leave, not another one that has to prove himself in football. We have those "Afellays" in the youth teams, and they actually understand Barcelona, there is no need to buy Afellays at this point. The bar has been raised much higher by the current Barcelona.

Also I was highly annoyed by Pep to let him start in an away game (an away game that we nearly spoiled last year!!!), which is not Afellay's fault at all, but it enforces what I feel.

Mocro

Hold on, merely exaggerating. I dig a lot of Dutch things. Albert Heijn is great, Chantal Janzen looks amazing, Kluivert is an all-time favourite, Efteling brings up youth memories, ....

I simply don't believe in Afellay, he was a good boy financially so I would advocate a sale of him in the summer and bag some profits on him to use to buy real class players. Barca needs to buy world class players to fill the gaps the current cantera players leave, not another one that has to prove himself in football. We have those "Afellays" in the youth teams, and they actually understand Barcelona, there is no need to buy Afellays at this point. The bar has been raised much higher by the current Barcelona.

Also I was highly annoyed by Pep to let him start in an away game (an away game that we nearly spoiled last year!!!), which is not Afellay's fault at all, but it enforces what I feel.

Are you going to give Barca money to buy those 'real' class players? You need to wake up. Apparently you have no idea what the financial state of Barca is like at the moment. They didnt sign a new shirtsponsor for fun and those ongoing contract negotiations are also a sign that they are trying to shift the financial balance. Also taking recent transferhistory into consideration...Barca has NO guarantee whatsoever that your so-called real class players will succeed. How much was the loss on Ibrahimovic? I think Barca is trying to adapt the Arsenal model. Buy players that are not yet worldclass, but have the potential and the quality to become worldclass. Sure Barca will make big transfers in the future, but only if a big player leaves. As long as the group is intact, the smartest thing to do is to sign a player like Afellay.

kaisers0ze

As long as the group is intact, the smartest thing to do is to sign a player like Afellay.
He disproves that notion by saying "there are enough Afellay's in Barca B".
That's the dispute I think.

I cannot judge because i dont know BarcaB too well.
Sure Pep is a better judge in this then mr. "i dont trust the Dutch, still i'm merely exaggerating" Gnegneri

I

Ilya

Game of Ibragima in last match hasn't too impressed me.
I hope in the future it will open the potential, but I very much doubt that he can sometime play better, than Xavi and Iniesta.

kaisers0ze

Sure Pep is a better judge in this then mr. "i dont trust the Dutch, still i'm merely exaggerating" Gnegneri

You're naming 2 of the best players on this planet... that should not be Afellay's goal... He should go for his own full potential that is all.

Mocro

How many matches have the Barca B talents played in the Champions League or UEFA Cup? Or with the national squad? Afellay can't be compared with those talents. Just based on experience he is a couple of steps ahead of them.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Are you going to give Barca money to buy those 'real' class players? You need to wake up. Apparently you have no idea what the financial state of Barca is like at the moment. They didnt sign a new shirtsponsor for fun and those ongoing contract negotiations are also a sign that they are trying to shift the financial balance. Also taking recent transferhistory into consideration...Barca has NO guarantee whatsoever that your so-called real class players will succeed. How much was the loss on Ibrahimovic? I think Barca is trying to adapt the Arsenal model. Buy players that are not yet worldclass, but have the potential and the quality to become worldclass. Sure Barca will make big transfers in the future, but only if a big player leaves. As long as the group is intact, the smartest thing to do is to sign a player like Afellay.
Not sure ...

There is money enough once Rosell has done his first season. He did get that loan to pay the salaries etc with as much as publicity he could get. Yet in the same period he bought Mascherano for nearly 20 million or something and kept on talking about Fabregas who was around double that money. There is always money. Always. But there is also politics. Until last year, Barcelona were in the normal money period. Elections coming up, so the politics period kicks in (current situation). Incumbent president sitting comfy in his chair a season after the elections? Nice, money period kicks in again. Those contract talks are obvious cause we all know how Laporta has been spraying lucrative contracts (cause it was his last year, politics ruined it blabla .. you know how it goes)

I don't want a garantuee that those top money players succeed. But I want the players, rather then another "new Messi" or whateer. Zlatan did cost Barcelona a lot of money, but at least the twat scored 21 goals and assisted quite a bunch when he played. The real money problems are players like Hleb who cost a lot and contribute nothing.

Now, the canterais full of players with potential to be the next Messi. AT THIS MOMENT (stressing this due to the golden age of la masia) We don't need to buy players that are already established at another club (like Afellay) but haven't proven shit in Europe (at 25 even!). I will even bet that Barcelona wouldn't have bought him if he was sold at market value. I do believe we simply bought him cause he has a bit of talent and was downright cheap.

That's why I would sell him this summer: Cash in and spend it on players Pep really wants or needs, players who would solidify the team, players who have earned their ranks already. There is enough unproven talent in the cantera at this moment, unproven talents that cost zero and are familiar to the club and its system. And the latter two qualities easily surpass most "experience" by other players.

Again, I of course will be very happy when he proves me wrong and I will support him when he is on the pitch playing for Barcelona.

If you're not able to judge, stop trying to diss me caused I pissed on your home country.

Home of Barca Fans