Ibrahim Afellay

I saw a lot of Barca last season but Afellay is a player I don't know a lot about. What are his main strengths (apart from pace) and what are his noticeable weaknesses? Also, where do you see him fitting into Barcelonas system (ie: middle three or front three?)
Obviously hes injured at the minute so won't be involved tonight which is a shame 'cause he looked promising towards the end of last season (particularly in the classicos).
Get well soon Ibi!

kaisers0ze

I saw a lot of Barca last season but Afellay is a player I don't know a lot about. What are his main strengths (apart from pace) and what are his noticeable weaknesses? Also, where do you see him fitting into Barcelonas system (ie: middle three or front three?)
Obviously hes injured at the minute so won't be involved tonight which is a shame 'cause he looked promising towards the end of last season (particularly in the classicos).
Get well soon Ibi!

I like his
adaptation,
workrate, shot,
his trough pass,
the fact he can go one on one with a player,
being two footed :)D),
can keep the ball in his feet
and he plays save when no risk is needed.

His "head down and run" approach on the wings would work for alot of teams but not for Barca.. since most of the time the team relies on tiki taka and not on fast runs and crosses in the box (though it did make the difference in that Classico CL match).
He sometimes is a bit clumsy.
He's 25 and looks like 18.
Sometimes can keep the ball too long in his feet which can cause injuries when playing an aggresive opponent.

For Barca he's mainly a winger, but he was a CM/CAM originally.

Good choice to get injured during Ramadan for 4 weeks. Almost looks on purpose ;).

kaisers0ze

He is not good enough for Barca.

I think this must be the 7th time that I am making this statement in this thread...

And you believe that that those who dont agree with you suddenly will after the 7th time? Or will you be going on and on repeating just for the sake of reminding yourself?

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
He is not good enough for Barca.

I think this must be the 7th time that I am making this statement in this thread...
He won't ever be a starter but he can offer us something... He's a little different to the rest.

Regardless of what happens, it's €3m well spent for his contribution in the CL semi-final.

E

estranged

And you believe that that those who dont agree with you suddenly will after the 7th time? Or will you be going on and on repeating just for the sake of reminding yourself?

he has obsessive compulsive disorder, can't really blame him

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
I love the guy, humble, respecting and very good player.. would instantly be a starter in many other big clubs out there...
I hope he stays, he will get his chances on the wings...

Villa-Pedro-Alexis-Messi-Afellay

Pride

Let's play with FOUR WINGERS.

Villa Messi Alexis
Affelay Cesc Pedro
Iniesta Xavi
Busquets
Pique

Valdes​

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans