Iker Casillas

raskolnikov

The only good thing about him is his sacrifice, the hatred he gets exposes madridistas for what they are, spoiled, narrow minded glory hunters who drop their club legends instantly.
Barca supporters are morally way way superior to these clowns, as much of a gap as the one between the goat and the mercenary.

Casillas will be gone in the summer though, we will win la liga, they miss our on the copa and cl like they should have last year and he will be gone, Bale will be shipped back tot he epl with De Gea coming towards Madrid cause he is pussywhipped by his wag. Its written, so no room for Casillas since he wont be benched.

Ramos t be their captain until he gets screwed over as well.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
The only good thing about him is his sacrifice, the hatred he gets exposes madridistas for what they are, spoiled, narrow minded glory hunters who drop their club legends instantly.
Barca supporters are morally way way superior to these clowns, as much of a gap as the one between the goat and the mercenary.

Casillas will be gone in the summer though, we will win la liga, they miss our on the copa and cl like they should have last year and he will be gone, Bale will be shipped back tot he epl with De Gea coming towards Madrid cause he is pussywhipped by his wag. Its written, so no room for Casillas since he wont be benched.

Ramos t be their captain until he gets screwed over as well.

Look at the way they discarded Raul and Guti for Ronaldo and Kaka, disgusting fans

CuleLife4Life

Man I feel responsible for the last two pages LOL.

I do respect his achievements and believe he and Iniesta were the reasons why they won the World Cup. I can still see the Robben save in my mind.

I don't know why I dislike him. I was never a mega fan of Valdes but he was Barca so of course I supported.

CuleLife4Life

Look at the way they discarded Raul and Guti for Ronaldo and Kaka, disgusting fans

Well Raul had declined drastically and everyone knew he was becoming a cancer in the locker room. Xavi is having the perfect swan song to hid career by being a part time player and no longer an automatic starter. If he were demanding to play every game, we'd have the same situation.

Same with Iker. He has drastically declined yet still drove Diego Lopez out and insists on being #1 for Spain when a better keeper is waiting in the wings.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I never quite liked him, either. Maybe because I liked Valdes so much more.

Agree, he could have done better on Suarez' shot. He was already starting to dive for the near post before Suarez hit, made a choice like on a penalty. I think a more confident keeper would have stood their ground.
I'd probably give credit to Suarez than diss Casillas for that. Most of the strikers would go for the near post there and Casillas probably did the right thing guarding the near post, like all the keepers of old school would probably do. Suarez showed his quality there by opting for the harder route, to go for a shot towards far-post.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I'd probably give credit to Suarez than diss Casillas for that. Most of the strikers would go for the near post there and Casillas probably did the right thing guarding the near post, like all the keepers of old school would probably do. Suarez showed his quality there by opting for the harder route, to go for a shot towards far-post.

I do not think so. You pretty much have to go for the far post because you have to anticipate Pepe's try to save it. The best way to avoid a block there is to nutmeg the defender. Most of the time such a situation happens on the wing when the defender tries to block a cross, the attacker anticipates it and puts in a low cross between the legs of the defender. Often happens in front of goal too.
I feel like Casillas should have waited longer. It was a very difficult shot and angle for Suarez and Casillas' position was actually pretty good.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I do not think so. You pretty much have to go for the far post because you have to anticipate Pepe's try to save it. The best way to avoid a block there is to nutmeg the defender. Most of the time such a situation happens on the wing when the defender tries to block a cross, the attacker anticipates it and puts in a low cross between the legs of the defender. Often happens in front of goal too.
I feel like Casillas should have waited longer. It was a very difficult shot and angle for Suarez and Casillas' position was actually pretty good.
The presence of Pepe there actually strengthens my point. Pepe was in a position to block Suarez's shot towards far-post. In such situations strikers would probably choose to take a quick shot towards near-post beause if he had actually went for a nutmeg and chosen to go for a shot towards the far-post, Casillas would have time to guard the far-post too. Casillas expected something similar and tried to block the same!

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I do not mean going for a nutmeg and then shooting but shooting like Suarez did. Anticipating Pepe's block and avoiding to hit it with a precise shot through the legs.
And that is what good players usually do and why they often catch goalkeepers on the wrong foot. Casillas and Pepe see the obvious option for Suarez but he knows that and goes for the shot to the far post. Many goals happen like that.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
You also forgot who almost lost them a certain Decima due to a Godin header.

I love how with Casillas won both competitions playing so few games in a row and Real Madrid lost the only competition last season that he did not feature in, the league. His performance in the final was very good, less the goal, but it was his saves against Bayern and Dortmund that keeps on going forgotten. If he didn't make some crucial saves in the final minutes, we wouldn't have been in the final.

The goal we conceded against Atletico was so overexagurated because of our terrible line up with Khedira, Coentrao and Bale. When Marcelo came on, we looked way more dangerous. Isco came on for Khedira, Marcelo for Coentrao, this changed the whole game and if we had that starting line up from the beginning, I am sure the whole "almost cost Real Madrid the CL final" wouldn't even be mentioned once. I think Atletico wouldn't have had a chance right from the beginning, and we wouldn't have suffered till the last minute.

Morten

He still has a bit left on a high level, but its time that De Gea gets the keeper position for nt at least. He is the future and is already better.

Home of Barca Fans