İlkay Gündoğan

Cule4life

The Culest
if I am at a coming that's a dynamic company that's growing rapidly, would I leave for double the money.NO!!!!

they would have gotten their due, durtmond have grown financial every year for a while now and are one of the 20 riches clubs in the world.

they had a team that with a few additions could have challenge every big team in Europe if they stayed.

bunch of devils the lot of them. I hope they all fail big time when they leave.

its not like they are at a club like roma that's going no where, durtmond were winning!

Yeah keep telling yourself that. Only people who dont care at all about money are people like social workers etc.
Footballers have much shorter careers then normal people. They cant wait around to see if their club will rise to win the biggest trophies especially talented ones like Gundogan. Plus money is not the only objective. Gundogan will want to win the big prizes like the league and CL which will be extremely difficult in this oil run football industry. Plus he has Bayern to compete with which is near impossible in Bundesliga.
Thats why i hate the influx of oil money. We might never get teams like Ajax or Porto winning the CL ever again.

jamrock

if your company was growing at the pace durtmond were and the mass exodus of their best players meant it would stop growing at that pace, yes you are an asshole.

their must be something going on behind the seen because 5 players(sahin,kagawa,gotze,lewa and now him, can't really be such big assholes.

if that's the case then no problem. but if not they are all assholes and I hope they get no better than what happens to sahin and kagawa

Cule4life

The Culest
Did you not register the fact that footballers have a short career in which to garner as much glory as possible? At a growing company you have a chance that if it grows you can become a partner in the future. You can work till 60-70 years of age. Hence you can wait.

jamrock

Yeah keep telling yourself that. Only people who dont care at all about money are people like social workers etc.
Footballers have much shorter careers then normal people. They cant wait around to see if their club will rise to win the biggest trophies especially talented ones like Gundogan. Plus money is not the only objective. Gundogan will want to win the big prizes like the league and CL which will be extremely difficult in this oil run football industry. Plus he has Bayern to compete with which is near impossible in Bundesliga.
Thats why i hate the influx of oil money. We might never get teams like Ajax or Porto winning the CL ever again.

1) durtmond is not porto/ajax

2) they were challenging for big titles already so that's no excuse

3) they already showed they when they are all fit they were a match for Bayern

but no, 2 players left to join Bayern and he is leaving as well.

all a bunch of devils, he less so because at least he isn't joining a direct rival.

durtmand has offered lewa millions for example, but he turn it down. its not about money.

they just all wanted the easy way to titles.

jamrock

Did you not register the fact that footballers have a short career in which to garner as much glory as possible? At a growing company you have a chance that if it grows you can become a partner in the future. You can work till 60-70 years of age. Hence you can wait.

when play for those teams its not about as much glory as possible, 1 CL with durtmond is worth 5 with Bayern, because its just not suppose to happen.

1 league, is worth 2 for Bayern.

its about the emotion and building something special for you and the fans, that no one expected.

you don't just turn and run to the easiest medal. that's too cowardly. especially again given the fact that durtmond showed they could challenge and growing on and off the pitch at a record pace.

they just choose the easy way out, no two ways about it.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
He's not signing a new contract. If we don't act Madrid, city and the likes will pounce. I don't want to destroy good teams but he's definitely not staying there either way

What makes you think that? Atm a lot points to him renewing, unless a miracle happens and he recovers before the end of the season.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
What makes you think that? Atm a lot points to him renewing, unless a miracle happens and he recovers before the end of the season.

You are clearly not following recent news. He is not signing a new contract.

when play for those teams its not about as much glory as possible, 1 CL with drtmond is worth 5 with Bayern, because its just not suppose to happen.

1 league, is worth 2 for Bayern.

its about the emotion and building something special for you and the fans, that no one expected.

you don't just turn and run to the easiest medal. that's too cowardly. especially again given the fact that durtmond showed they could challenge and growing on and off the pitch at a record pace.

they just choose the easy way out, no two ways about it.

:lol: You are delusional if you think that. When Gundogan is long retired people of the future generation will look at his record and if they see 5 CLs that will be more glorious for him than only 1 CL. Its about writing your name in football history. and 5 Cls are always better than 1 Cls irrespective of the team you play for. Maldini won 5 Cls. Go and ask him if he thinks that 1 Cl with a team like Cagliari is greater than 5 cls with milan. I think you know the answer

And im not labelling him a saint for joining the big names. Just saying if he doesnt feel that love for dortmund and doesnt want to stay doesnt mean he is the devils spawn. He is just practical. There are far worse things you can do in football than leaving for greener pastures.

Alarcón

It's not about money, it's about success. Would you rather play at a team that are favourites to win the treble every year and you're most probably gonna win a shitload of trophies or rather for a team that might get a shot at winning the league title in the next few years and has only had 1 or 2 good seasons on international level?

footyfan

Calma, calma
In Gundogan's case, it's not even that bad because Dortmund only bought him to replace Sahin who went to Madrid.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
You are clearly not following recent news. He is not signing a new contract.

Like what news? I am following the "news" in Germany, where no media outlet rules out that he'll renew, and am aware of the Bayern as well as the barça-related MD and Sport stories. My question was what makes you think he won't? Where is that info from? Whether he'll renew or not depends on whether a club he'd want to join comes in with an offer, which is not guaranteed seeing that his health is still in doubt. Of course he could still leave on a free in 2015, but you acted like he'll definitely be sold.

Last edited:

eliu02

From barcastuff

Dortmund's Ilkay Gundogan (23) is Barcelona's first midfield option but a medical check-up didn't take away doubts about condition. [md]

Hamzah

High Definition Member
After thinking about it, I would actually like it if he was signed. I take back what I said before.

Only problems are price, injuries and he will take a while to adapt.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I would love Ilkay, IF he were fully recovered...and that's far from a certainty...In fact, his condition is far from resolved which makes him a nonissue, IMHO

Home of Barca Fans